• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 beta open to everyone with Battle.net account [Up: Possibly closed again]

If you are downloading a non-US client, you have to select "US" as server in the options menu, because the EU server option does not seem to work.

EDIT: Already posted. ^^

Naeblish

I would recommend not to wait if you want to try the beta, they fixed the waypoints to the restricted zones in a day.

Kud Dukan

Well I'll give this a shot. I've never played a Diablo game before, but I'd really like to try. I think it's something I could get really sucked into, which could be good or bad...

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, surely they didn't intend this. Knowing my luck they'll fix it the moment I get it downloaded.

Tantalus

Neo Member
I'll give it a shot, mostly to see if I can run the game. Hope it stays up for long enough for me to get home in twenty-five minutes.

Salih

It works from europe!

For people out of europe - change ingame server settings to north america so you can connect to the server. if you choose EU server you will get an 3003 error. Also you should have a battletag already created to login successfully.

Riggs

Banned
I am going to be that guy.

For all you at work who arn't getting in on this, don't worry. It's awesome as fuck, but may 15th is soon. The beta will just leave you wanting more and more, IMO it's better to just wait. I played the beta so much, and for some weird reason it makes waiting for release even harder.

Thank god for Path of Exile in the mean time that is all I can say.

Sophia

I'll give it a shot, mostly to see if I can run the game. Hope it stays up for long enough for me to get home in twenty-five minutes.

Bar the entire servers being overloaded, I'm sure the links will stay up that long. Heck, this may even be intentional. You never know with Blizzard. :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh wow, surely they didn't intend this. Knowing my luck they'll fix it the moment I get it downloaded.

Yeah, Jay Wilson confirmed at Gamescom 2011 that the beta will only be a closed one; all players will need a beta key and an invitation to participate.

The appropriate reaction for any blizzard event or announcement:
Hell-its-about-time.gif

Somewhat on topic of your response:

http://youtu.be/opNJlmlQriU?t=5m37s

I was amused anyway.

7 GB seems a bit to download at the moment for me unless this is truly confirmed (meaning it doesn't go away because it's a bug or glitch).

Suairyu

Banned
UGH I'm still at work and was planning on staying late to get some things done... might raincheck that idea... Will subscribe to this thread and check at five thirty what's what!

Well, played for around 30 seconds and I'm already happy.

Really like the looks of the game now that I've finally seen it in person.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
7 GB seems a bit to download at the moment for me unless this is truly confirmed.

You can BELIEVE it when a few Gaffers already confirmed it works! The real question is, how long will it work?

I never liked the Diablo games but this is a good chance to test if that changed with DIII thanks for the heads up! I will just make a new Battle.net account in case this should be a bug as I don't want my WoW getting banned if Blizzard decides to throw a fit.

ElyrionX

I am going to be that guy.

For all you at work who arn't getting in on this, don't worry. It's awesome as fuck, but may 15th is soon. The beta will just leave you wanting more and more, IMO it's better to just wait. I played the beta so much, and for some weird reason it makes waiting for release even harder.

Thank god for Path of Exile in the mean time that is all I can say.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

Bullza2o

So after logging into D3 Beta, I don't see the beta under my account on Battle.net. It still only says "Pre-purchase Diablo 3 now" and nothing else under it. This may be a bug after all.

Riggs

Banned
I tried to load beta just to see if servers are fucked, I can't even get the launcher to pop. You are all ruining my experience!!!!

Zzoram

Isn't the Beta content only half of Act 1? Not sure if it's worth the effort when the full game is out in less than a month.

I guess maybe they made it a fully open beta to give people a demo?

Phinor

Start game seems to just time out, been clicking for a while now. Managed to create few characters but that's about it so far.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Currently at the login screen.
EN-GB client, servers set to "The Americas" and I get 3003 errors trying to sign in.

Edit: Fixed, i'm in!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Tried with a Singapore account. Works.

Top Bottom