• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Holy crap, I think John Oliver might be an even better satirical interviewer than Colbert. That was just priceless. I now want him to have a regular interview segment.

KingK

Herman Cain is so good. I miss that guy. I love how he just rolls with the punches and doesn't get angry at the jokes about him. Seems like a really great guy.

Socreges

Banned
Good lord, why did this creationist guy agree to go on Colbert? Did he not get that Colbert is putting up an act?

I think there are still quite a few people (probably mostly conservatives who don't regularly tune in) who still haven't figured it out.

So then what DO sleeping rocks dream of?!

I rest my case, evolution BUSTED.
I think they generally know what they're getting into, but just want the attention/exposure to spread their 'message'.

B.K.

51IVHc8ZwIL._SS500_.jpg

Gigglepoo

Is there an audio-only version of The Daily Show? I'd love to listen to this in podcast form since I don't have time to watch it on television every day, but there doesn't seem to be an option for this.

Drakeon

Is there an audio-only version of The Daily Show? I'd love to listen to this in podcast form since I don't have time to watch it on television every day, but there doesn't seem to be an option for this.

Best solution I could think of in your situation would be to get hulu plus and just listen to the video on your smartphone, but as far as I know, theres no way to get just audio of the show.

I'd love them to do a podcast but there can be quite a bit of visual humour on the show which just wouldn't work on an audio only format. There are some good satirical podcasts out there that could be worth checking out instead, like The Bugle.

Gigglepoo

Best solution I could think of in your situation would be to get hulu plus and just listen to the video on your smartphone, but as far as I know, theres no way to get just audio of the show.

Hulu Plus is incompatible with my HTC Detail (CredoMobile's version of the Evo). It's kind of crazy to me that The Daily Show doesn't have a proper audio-only version.

Oh man, Colbert's interviews with Jack White are always so bloody hilarious. White is always so exasperated and confused and on the edge of laughing while Colbert is being so absurd

What a terrible business model.

Gigglepoo

I'd love them to do a podcast but there can be quite a bit of visual humour on the show which just wouldn't work on an audio only format. There are some good satirical podcasts out there that could be worth checking out instead, like The Bugle.

I apparently have bad luck as far as satirical comedy is concerned. They don't have an RSS link for The Bugle, so I can't subscribe. Boo! Thanks for the tip, though, I'll listen when they add that functionality.

At first I thought it was awkward. Then it was kinda funny. Then at the end it became flat-out embarrassing. Keaton should know by now not to mix alcohol with her medication.

She seriously didn't say anything about her book, it was weird. She's always a little wacky but that was over the top. I like when the older woman can break Colbert's character though, its funny.

fallagin

God, that whole keaton interview was very painful to watch. Shes not actually going to bring charges against colbeirt is she???

Raxus

God, that whole keaton interview was very painful to watch. Shes not actually going to bring charges against colbeirt is she???

Colbert seems to have some effect on older women. Fonda kissed him and Keaton was clearly flustered and just wanted to leave by the end of the interview (by no fault of Colbert who was desperately trying to keep the interview going). Was it embarrassing? Yes, but it was hilarious to watch and that is all I care about.

Socreges

Banned
Colbert seems to have some effect on older women. Fonda kissed him and Keaton was clearly flustered and just wanted to leave by the end of the interview (by no fault of Colbert who was desperately trying to keep the interview going). Was it embarrassing? Yes, but it was hilarious to watch and that is all I care about.
Don't you think she was clearly drunk, though? A lot of guests drink a bit to loosen up and some go overboard (case in point).

Very weird; I got a very different impression of Keaton than your descriptions. I thought she was just trying to keep up with him by putting on an act, but was too impressed with him to do it all the way. I didn't see any awkwardness though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I almost got the impression that she did not want to be there and they didn't like each other at all and were just trying to fake it.

Socreges

Banned
Re: Josue Larose segment on Colbert

Wasn't there a guy who looked EXACTLY like Larose that ran in some campaign, but didn't make any sense and was alleged to be a front by Republicans?

larose,john.jpg

Jintor

Fuck, this is why I love Colbert and The Daily Show. They can get all kinds of awesome people with a goddamn snap of their fingers.

Buzz Aldrin, you beautiful beautiful man

Top Bottom