• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just realised, it's a little over two weeks until...

MAY....NINETEENTH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssNE2ArY89g
Damn, Kane is such a great actor. So underrated.

Let's start this page off right.

Kane+Glenn+Thomas+Jacobs+EW+Syfy+Celebrate+nBBhsbriEDgl.jpg

Quick results of the important stuff from DDT's Max Bump 2012, featuring the in-ring return of Kota Ibushi;

5. Kota Ibushi Return Match: El Generico defeated Kota Ibushi with the Brainbustaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! (20:12).

6. 3 Way KO-D Challenger Playoff Match: HARASHIMA defeated Yasu Urano and KUDO when HARASHIMA pinned Urano with the Somato (17:16).

7. KO-D Openweight Title: Yuji Hino defeated Masa Takanashi (c) with the F***’N Bomb (26:10).

Gotta see that Ibushi/Generico match.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like how Cena never gets boo'd in video packages.

By the way,
Did they pipe in the what chants in Sandow's promo?

Yet they do not mute the Goldberg chants for Ryberg?

Up to May 2000 on my rewatch. April 2000 was a mixed bag.

WWF was amazing.
WCW showed a bit of promise that imploded in on itself.

o_2dZNmQG8YGhg3ca.jpg

david-arquette-wcw-champion.jpg

02_David_Arquette.jpg

Its a shame really as that 'reboot' episode of Nitro looked so promising, but within 2 weeks things were back to 'normal'. Jeff Jarrett got the title for crying out loud, sure he went on to lose it to Arquette, but the fact that Jarrett got it in the first place... ergh.
I don't HATE what happened with David Arquette, but it sure seemed to happen very quickly and out of the blue.

Hogan feuding with Kidman. So strange.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Up to May 2000 on my rewatch. April 2000 was a mixed bag.

WWF was amazing.
WCW showed a bit of promise that imploded in on itself.

o_2dZNmQG8YGhg3ca.jpg

david-arquette-wcw-champion.jpg

02_David_Arquette.jpg

Its a shame really as that 'reboot' episode of Nitro looked so promising, but within 2 weeks things were back to 'normal'. Jeff Jarrett got the title for crying out loud, sure he went on to lose it to Arquette, but the fact that Jarrett got it in the first place... ergh.
I don't HATE what happened with David Arquette, but it sure seemed to happen very quickly and out of the blue.

Hogan feuding with Kidman. So strange.

There's a Thunder DVD Box set? Damn son!

I remember after the Russo/Bischoff reboot, the WCW World Title changed hands just about every damn week on Nitro or Thunder.

-- Jeff Jarrett - April 16, 2000
-- Diamond Dallas Page - April 24, 2000
-- David Arquette - April 25, 2000
-- Jeff Jarrett - May 7, 2000
-- Ric Flair - May 15, 2000
-- Jeff Jarrett - May 22, 2000
-- Kevin Nash - May 23, 2000
-- Ric Flair - May 29, 2000
-- Jeff Jarrett - May 29, 2000

What. The. Fuck.

RBH

Vince McMahon was furious regarding the web site and there is a feeling heads may roll. During the WrestleMania 29 hype, when Vince met New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, there was nobody from the web site to photograph, film or cover the event.

There were also a lot of fingers being pointed at the problems on the PPV including Cena’s promo, Lesnar nearly getting hurt, as well as the timing issues on Raw with the Jericho finish being botched. Vince McMahon now wants more rehearsals and the writers and producers and well as production people were told he wants more communication. One person close to the process expects that the content will be more rigidly scripted and Vince is going to have to approve just about everything.

--Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Damien Sandow debut sound great:

Sandow entered to Leonard Cohen's classical music piece "Hallelujah." Funny stuff. He responded to a "WHAT?" crowd chant with "Thank you for your irrelevant contribution." He said he wouldn't indulge the WWE Universe or Bateman (whom he called a "miscreant") with a match. Sandow left. "You're welcome." Bateman demanded an opponent nonetheless. He got one...it was Ryback.

It's pretty good, actually. And up on YouTube. (WARNING: SPOILERZ LAWL)

Entropia

No One Remembers
I remember after the Russo/Bischoff reboot, the WCW World Title changed hands just about every damn week on Nitro or Thunder.

-- Jeff Jarrett - April 16, 2000
-- Diamond Dallas Page - April 24, 2000
-- David Arquette - April 25, 2000
-- Jeff Jarrett - May 7, 2000
-- Ric Flair - May 15, 2000
-- Jeff Jarrett - May 22, 2000
-- Kevin Nash - May 23, 2000
-- Ric Flair - May 29, 2000
-- Jeff Jarrett - May 29, 2000

What. The. Fuck.

I'm confused. I mean, I liked Jarrett and all, but how did he garner so much pull in his time in WCW?

It seemed he left WWE after that shit with Chyna/his contract being up and then was suddenly in the main event picture

I'm confused. I mean, I liked Jarrett and all, but how did he garner so much pull in his time in WCW?

It seemed he left WWE after that shit with Chyna/his contract being up and then was suddenly in the main event picture

Him and Russo practically became best friends in the WWF. Russo tried to push him to main event in the WWF and wanted Austin to put him over (lol) but Austin told Russo to fuck off and that he wasn't working with Jarrett.

RBH

Any of these worth picking up?

Rise and Fall of ECW is definitely worth picking up.

Wrestlemania XIX is worth a look as well as the Jake Roberts and Four Horsemen DVD.

Some of those DVDs are also on Netflix as well if you have it.

Quick results of the important stuff from DDT's Max Bump 2012, featuring the in-ring return of Kota Ibushi;

5. Kota Ibushi Return Match: El Generico defeated Kota Ibushi with the Brainbustaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! (20:12).

6. 3 Way KO-D Challenger Playoff Match: HARASHIMA defeated Yasu Urano and KUDO when HARASHIMA pinned Urano with the Somato (17:16).

7. KO-D Openweight Title: Yuji Hino defeated Masa Takanashi (c) with the F***’N Bomb (26:10).

Gotta see that Ibushi/Generico match.

My biggest wrestling man crush is still on Ibushi. He is amazing.

Top Bottom