• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Syn23

Will there be a way to play together without having to add 40 people to the PSN friend list?
Something like rooms or "communities"?

Will there be a way to play together without having to add 40 people to the PSN friend list?
Something like rooms or "communities"?

I've seen pics of some sort of "village" but I don't know if we can set up something like that just for GAF.

Fixed1979

Shit I figured Amazon.ca's release date of the 22nd was wrong and I could grab it next Wednesday.

Either way I'll be playing whenever Amazon decide to ship it, add me to the list please.

PSN: Fixed

Shit I figured Amazon.ca's release date of the 22nd was wrong and I could grab it next Wednesday.

Either way I'll be playing whenever Amazon decide to ship it, add me to the list please.

PSN: Fixed

It's release date is the 15th in Canada. EB is already selling it in store.

Slaylock

I want the PSN version, but the cartridge is cheaper on Amazon. What to do?
I'm in the same boat. I'd love to have this always on my system for a quick game but I hate paying $6 more and not having an option to trade it in someday.

If not for the $30 Amazon price, I would probably go DD but as it is I'll probably go with the retail copy.

Kambing

Already playing the game and it is indeed very good. This if my first hot shot golf game so i am still a noob but the it is still very fun.

I remember at one point they had a demo showing how you can change the position of the sun but i have still not figured out how to do it. I know you can literally "pinch" your character and dangle them by pressing both the front and rear touch screen. What sucks is they don't even have a tutorial for that -_-. I wonder how many people will miss out on little things like that. I just remembered from watching that one video. Ah well. I highly recommend it.

GAF: Kambing
PSN/SEN: Kesucian

Syn23

I've seen pics of some sort of "village" but I don't know if we can set up something like that just for GAF.
I've found this (here, I don't know if it's accurate):
Network System - Real Tournament

Real Tournament which is slightly different than the current one for Mingol 5 that it only supports up to 30 players per tournament and as previously established you can play stroke with the other players you meet in the lobby.

Network System – Multi-Versus Mode

Previously mentioned in the Post Launch Patch support information has also been detailed in the network systems tab. This mode is sort of a flexible way to play Mingol 6 with your friends, you start a game which sends out the regulations to your friends. The diagram on the page shows a flow chart of how it works…

Person A wants to play with Person B → A sends regulation to B who is currently too busy to respond → B finds time to play and now sends back the first hole he completed → A is busy eating, later he turns on the game and finds B shot a birdie → A sends back his first hole to B with a comment → B responds and the cycle continues until the end of the game.

This system seems to be for those who are too busy to play the game but still want to play and have fun with their friends which I think is great.

Network System – Lobby

This doesn’t need much explaining, same as before just different lobbies to hang in for chatting and starting games with your online golf friends and foes…
So it seems lobbies don't work for asynchronous multiplayer. :\

My copy arrived today, but sadly I still have to wait for my FEB.

I'd like to be added to the list if I could.
GAF: Got the Shakes
PSN/SEN: GotTheShakes

SHarris78

Please add me to the list :

Gaf username = SHarris78
PSN/SEN ID = SHarris_78

Im in the UK so it'll be a couple of weeks before I get my Vita, but i WILL be on !!

AkuMifune

Banned
I have to create a US SEN for the vita, so I have no friends or trophies there yet. So add me up and let's get this going!

AkuMifune

Put hours into the Japanese version and can safely say that this is a fantastic game. Difficulty starts to ramp up as you progress, but if it gets its claws into you, you'll be determined to keep retrying in order to move on.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Put hours into the Japanese version and can safely say that this is a fantastic game. Difficulty starts to ramp up as you progress, but if it gets its claws into you, you'll be determined to keep retrying in order to move on.

would you say its more of a challenge then the last 2 psp games? As both of those were just too damn easy in the end.

Nice OT archnemesis, really looking forward to playing this with everyone.

GAF: brettchalupa
PSN: brettchalupa

Edit: I'm getting tired of reading about people's worries of sub-native resolution for Vita games, especially Hot Shots. If you're gaming on a 1080p TV with an Xbox 360 or PS3, the amount of games that are developed to run at 1080p natively are next to none. To relate it to what I keep reading on GAF, it's not a game killer (and it's definitely not a reason to not get a title). Most games that are developed to run at 720p look great on 1080p. There are games on the current gen consoles that are sub-720p and it's not a problem at all. Vita games like Hot Shots and Uncharted look fine on the Vita.

Takao

Banned
$40 price point has me on the fence. If I can do a trade in at EB Games and get a big memory card for cheap I'll try getting it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh, question for those who have clocked a lot of Hot Shots...Do people get as ridiculous as they do in Pangya with hole-outs and shit? That game...Dear lord...

Paznos

The last HSG game I played was the first one at the PSP launch so I'm long overdue for some more my copy is coming next week and then I have to wait another week for my Vita :|

Yuripaw

Banned
add me to the list :) I'm getting this day 1... (well day -2 because I'm getting the game 2 days before I get my Vita, lol) I'm probably really rusty with my hot shots golf skill, but I'm looking forward to getting it up to par. (get it?? up to par...golf game...bad joke I know)

My PSN name is Ockman if anyone wants to add me ^_^

frequency

Can I get on the list too please?

My PSN name is
freqpsn

I haven't played a HSG since like the PSX though. So this is basically all new to me. I'll totally suck.

Yuripaw

Banned
Can I get on the list too please?

My PSN name is
freqpsn

I haven't played a HSG since like the PSX though. So this is basically all new to me. I'll totally suck.

It's a shame you missed out on the Open Tee games for the PSP. Those are still some of the best games on the system IMO, and are just so much fun. I'm hoping this one will be close to being as good as those were.

It's a shame you missed out on the Open Tee games for the PSP. Those are still some of the best games on the system IMO, and are just so much fun. I'm hoping this one will be close to being as good as those were.

Yeah, those were great fun. I have fond memories of sneaking in games while working at a call center at the time.

frequency

I am totally not a sports game person.

The only golf game I've played since HSG on the PSX is Pangya on the PSP. And that's just because it's so cute.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have even noticed this game if it wasn't a Vita launch title. But now, from what I've seen I'm pretty excited for it.
If I get into it, I wouldn't mind going back to the PSP games. I won't be giving up any of my PSPs anytime soon.

Yuripaw

Banned
I am totally not a sports game person.

The only golf game I've played since HSG on the PSX is Pangya on the PSP. And that's just because it's so cute.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have even noticed this game if it wasn't a Vita launch title. But now, from what I've seen I'm pretty excited for it.

The crazy thing about these games, is you don't have to be a sports person to enjoy em. I really don't like sports. I will never touch a Tiger Woods golf game. There's something about the hot shots series though that is easy to pick up and play, and still deep enough where it takes skill to master. It helps that I really enjoy the art style, the characters have lots of personality.

Bebpo

Banned
add me to the list please. Really enjoyed HSG5 with gaffers, especially Astrolad!

GAF: Bebpo
PSN (assuming you can use the same one on your vita as your PS3): Bebpojp

frequency

The crazy thing about these games, is you don't have to be a sports person to enjoy em. I really don't like sports. I will never touch a Tiger Woods golf game. There's something about the hot shots series though that is easy to pick up and play, and still deep enough where it takes skill to master. It helps that I really enjoy the art style, the characters have lots of personality.

Mmhmm.
I never looked at the series passed the PSX and that was so long ago, I never even knew what it was.

When I checked it out for the Vita while looking for launch games, I noticed how approachable it looked. In fact, it looks a lot like Pangya, minus the Korean flare.
I can't wait to try it out after work today. Just 4 more hours!

Number45

No need to miss out at all, they're both up on PSN aren't they?

Top Bottom