• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
Austin put up his real top 10 list on Waypoint. Interesting stuff! No Doom but Hitman is on there. No Man's Sky is alarmingly high. Austin really doesn't like The Witness. The number one is a tabletop rpg.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's a good list, though. I have to look up two of those games.

I also tried to read one of the articles they posted today and without trying to be negative again about that site, I had to google like 12 different things to even understand what was going on and I think I atleast somewhat know my way around video games. It just leaves a giant question mark about who that site is for. For other video game writers, maybe? Not sure.

LiK

Nice thread, I made it into OP. Thanks.

Watching the Elusive Target videos and man, why are they so bad at them. lol

Speaking of loot boxes, the Rec Room loot box opening animation is disappointing. I look forward to the crazy loot boxes that VR can bring us.

Jintor

i just finished superhot and i dunno if i shouldn't have listened to best moments first, but in any case I didn't find that 'moment' more impressive than I did the general idea of the meta elements in the first place

Catvoca

Banned
That's a good list, though. I have to look up two of those games.

I also tried to read one of the articles they posted today and without trying to be negative again about that site, I had to google like 12 different things to even understand what was going on and I think I atleast somewhat know my way around video games. It just leaves a giant question mark about who that site is for. For other video game writers, maybe? Not sure.

I think there is good articles on there, I just ignore the fanfic and dumb shit like that since, as you said, it's not for me (or anyone?). I wonder what Patrick thinks about that stuff since it's very much not his thing either.

this friday should give us the first regular dan beastcast, so that will be great.

it'll never happen, but if Jeff ever moved to NY, they could just shut down GB West and nothing would be lost.

hamchan

Austin put up his real top 10 list on Waypoint. Interesting stuff! No Doom but Hitman is on there. No Man's Sky is alarmingly high. Austin really doesn't like The Witness. The number one is a tabletop rpg.

Hyper Light Drifter was basically his video game of the year.

I should probably play it.

The Nice Guys, Wong Kar-wai, and Gundam all brought up in a top 10 list. Austin knows what's up.

Phediuk

That E3 2005 video gave me such polarized emotions.

On the one hand, I was all, "wtf?! 2005 was 11 years ago?! what the fuck happened to my life?"

And on the other hand, I went, "Oh, the world was a different place back then. We've come a long way. Calm down."

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm slowly listening to some of the podcasts since I'm still playing Witcher 3.

Also CD Projekt spoiler!?
Is...is Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077? There was a bit that sounded like that might happen...

TraBuch

Banned
Hey, what was that game GBeast did a QL of that had the intro where it looked like some dude was giving the devil a blowjob?

Is...is Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077? There was a bit that sounded like that might happen...

Who the heck knows. People think maybe that was one of the worlds Ciri traveled to when she was talking about jumping around the space time continuum that she hung around some future place with flying cars and stuff. If CDPR wanted to have her cameo in 2077 they can get away with it but I never read to much into that line.

Joeku

Who the heck knows. People think maybe that was one of the worlds Ciri traveled to when she was talking about jumping around the space time continuum that she hung around some future place with flying cars and stuff. If CDPR wanted to have her cameo in 2077 they can get away with it but I never read to much into that line.

For as much as they could, I doubt they'd bother paying for all the licensing for just a little cameo. Or fuck it, they're CDPR, maybe they would.

Ketch

Yo, can we talk about how Alex has completely come out of his shell since GBEAST started?

I think it's pretty awesome.

For as much as they could, I doubt they'd bother paying for all the licensing for just a little cameo. Or fuck it, they're CDPR, maybe they would.

I think CDPR own The Wticher licence for video games similar to how Ubi own "Tom Clancy" for video games. They can probably do whatever.

It sounds like she went into a place that might be like 2077, but it might be an easter egg for people who know.

Zornack

I headcannoned
Ciri screaming to kill all the winter knight dudes who attack Witcher HQ
as the ending because I got so bored of the game's combat I couldn't go on.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

It sounds like she went into a place that might be like 2077, but it might be an easter egg for people who know.
I thought it was weird how she even gave a timeframe of 6 months, it was a little too specific. But yeah, might be nothing.

That also reminds me of that one mission with Avallac'h.
Where you jump between different worlds and the one you fight the insects but can never loot them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom