• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 45% Price Drop in Hong Kong - WiFi Vita + case + ModNation bundle is ~$165

$h@d0w

Update

This is a limited offer for the show only, shout out to all the gaming blogs who didn't check before running this as a story and thanks to those who can read Chinese.

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/cht/newsdetail?id=941

Original Post

I think this looks like the Vita price drop is coming in a big way.

Some pre-show press photos were uploaded today on the official PS Asia Flickr account. These are for the Hong Kong Computer & Communications Festival 2013 (HKCCF).

The HKCCF is held on the 23rd - 26th of August (after Sony press conference at Gamescom).

Current PS Vita Prices on Sony Hong Kong website.

New PS Vita Price advertised: Hong Kong Dollars HKD $1280 = USD $165 (black WiFi model with accessory bundle and Modnation Racers, hard to read the small print but it's there)

Click for bigger versions on flickr:

9521699076_f0802bd587_o.jpg

HKCCF_01 by PlayStation.Blog.Asia, on Flickr

One more image labelled HKCCF:

Enlarged:

jbw9QwaPJKND8R.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Impressive deal.

Now bring it stateside. Oh and slash memory card prices in half.

$h@d0w

I think the accessory pack was an Asia exclusive, it came with:

Screen Protector
Cleaning Cloth
Wrist Strap
Case
Card Case

No memory card :-(

KAL2006

Banned
It was obvious with kids targeted games upcoming like Tearaway, Pets and inVizimals. Sony need to make more colors to appeal to a wide range of people, the system stoll looks hardcore like it belongs to a tech need, they need more colors that will appeal to kids (red, blue, pink).

$h@d0w

It was obvious with kids targeted games upcoming like Tearaway, Pets and inVizimals. Sony need to make more colors to appeal to a wide range of people, the system stoll looks hardcore like it belongs to a tech need, they need more colors that will appeal to kids (red, blue, pink).

We have those colors here except pink.

ohlawd

I think the accessory pack was an Asia exclusive, it came with:

Screen Protector
Cleaning Cloth
Wrist Strap
Case
Card Case

No memory card :-(
what a bunch of useless shit.

Keep the low price, drop all that garbage including Modnation and put in a 32 gig... or surprise me, a 64/128 (lol) gig after an announcement.

$h@d0w

what a bunch of useless shit.

Keep the low price, drop all that garbage including Modnation and put in a 32 gig... or surprise me, a 64/128 (lol) gig after an announcement.

These accessory packs have been available since launch in Asia so I guess they have a load in a warehouse somewhere. Probably a regional deal.

$h@d0w

KAL2006

Banned
Fuck Modnation, they should really have a LittleBigPlanet bundle for cheap, that's a game that would appeal to both casuals and gamers.

This is how Vita should be priced

£150
Vita
LittleBigPlanet
8GB

£140
Vita alone

repeater

Judging from the demo, 45% off the Vita price is the minimum compensation one should morally be entitled to for playing through Modnation Racers Vita.
I actually really liked the PS3 original.

Fuck Modnation, they should really have a LittleBigPlanet bundle for cheap, that's a game that would appeal to both casuals and gamers.

This is how Vita should be priced

£150
Vita
LittleBigPlanet
8GB

£140
Vita alone

People might actually want to buy LBP separately :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
unreasonable expectations for gamescom rising. Only bad can come of this

(really they need a huge price cut. Most retailers are already heavily discounting below RRP with bundles, so a small cut would have no impact)

Has me hopeful that the price cut in the US is more aggressive than just $50. It needs to either be more, or every unit needs to be bundled with a game and memory card and $50 off.

Sami+

Holy crap, cheaper than a 3DS? That's quite an impressive deal, I've gotta say. I already have both, but I can say I hope Nintendo responds by lowering the 3DS XL price so I can sell my OG 3DS and upgrade.

Of course, assuming it comes stateside of course. C'mon, Gamescom.

Sami+

What are the best games for PS Vita?

Persona 4 Golden is my single favorite game ever, Soul Sacrifice is quite good (has a great demo as well), Disgaea 3 is extremely addictive and fun, Gravity Rush is slightly flawed in execution but very unique, creative and fun imo, and Wipeout 2048 is fucking awesome.

They can cut the console's price as much as they want, but as long as memory card prices stay utterly ridiculous I'm not buying it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thanks, that seems pretty reasonable as long as I don't need to shell out £60 for a 32GB mem card as well.

you want the moon on a stick..

if they do a huge price cut, it is likely they'll keep memory prices high to offset that.

They can cut the console's price as much as they want, but as long as memory card prices stay utterly ridiculous I'm not buying it.

that doesn't make any sense. If it was free but the memory card was the same price, thats still a great overall price.

ohlawd

You wouldn't bite for a 32 gig bundle for 165?

All I want, really. All they've done however is bundle in crap games with tiny memory cards.

i feel like thats TOO cheap.

this devious is worth more than that. - the memory cards on the other hand are not.

except for that sweet sweet 32gb'er

Sami+

You wouldn't bite for a 32 gig bundle for 165?

All I want, really. All they've done however is bundle in crap games with tiny memory cards.
Yeah, I got Assassin's Creed and PSA:BR in my bundle and hardly played either.

The three months of free PS Plus, however, we're fantastic.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
you want the moon on a stick..

if they do a huge price cut, it is likely they'll keep memory prices high to offset that.

that doesn't make any sense. If it was free but the memory card was the same price, thats still a great overall price.

£190 is too expensive imo. About £150 might be acceptable.

Top Bottom