• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hans Gruber "Shoot the glass."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostSeed

This movie was on TV tonight, so awesome.

11qh9nt.jpg

2w54wi8.gif
2w54wi8.gif

zaccheus

Banned
thought it was kind of wierd that they got a british actor to play a german terrorist, i mean he still sounded british.. but i loved the movie oh so much

my favourite Hans quote

"Mr. Takagi...I'm not interested in your computer. I'm interested in the 640 million dollars in negotiable bearer bonds you have in you vault."

man, Hans is such a great villain. Polite, ruthless, totally a gentleman. He makes you sit down before shooting you in the head

Frenck

Banned
Klaxon said:
Only in German version..

It's so funny that they are not German terrorists but European. :lol

I never understood why they changed his name/nationality here.

After I watched the original for the first time some years ago I felt like my whole life up to that point was a big lie.

xabre

Banned
Can you believe he performance was condemned by a critic at the time? Fuck that, he's one of the greatest action film villains of all time.

Best villains family of history!.

Zeus: You call in that code right now. Or I'll blow your sick ass into the next world.
Simon: If it's that's what you're gonna do.
[Zeus pulls the trigger on his gun and nothing happens, Simon takes the gun from Zeus]
Simon: You forgot to take the safety catch off.
[shoots Zeus in the leg]
Simon: Now, where's McClane?

Hans was the original, the best, but Simon was indeed pretty cool...

As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Every wife had seven sacks, Every sack had seven cats, Every cat had seven kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, wives, How many were going to St. Ives?

Said simple simon to ze pie man, give me all your pies..... or I'll cave your head in :D

"Alexander looked upon the breadth of his kingdom and wept. There were no more worlds to conquer."

What other action villan talks like that! :D

Anasui Kishibe said:
my favourite Hans quote

"Mr. Takagi...I'm not interested in your computer. I'm interested in the 640 million dollars in negotiable bearer bonds you have in you vault."

man, Hans is such a great villain. Polite, ruthless, totally a gentleman. He makes you sit down before shooting you in the head

Say it with me: "Greatest movie villain EVER!!!!"

with a vengeance was way more cartoonish. Still the best sequel, since McTiernan is a fucking monster at directing action

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Simon was a better antagonist (and actor) than Hans.

NO. As much as I love our British guys, Rickman and Irons are equally awesome. Hans, as character, is definitely more impressive since, like I said, he's got a effing load of awesome dialogue

all imo.

youta

"You are nothing but a common thief"

"I am an exceptional thief!"

It always bothered me a bit that Hans had to shout "shoot the glass" in
English after he said it first in German... wouldn't it make more sense the
other way around?

youta said:
"You are nothing but a common thief"

"I am an exceptional thief!"

It always bothered me a bit that Hans had to shout "shoot the glass" in
English after he said it first in German... wouldn't it make more sense the
other way around?

this is a very good point, had totally forgotten about it. There's no possible explanation to me. Not a goof, since scene's obviously meant to be that way. Perhaps Karl isn't German?

xabre

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
this is a very good point, had totally forgotten about it. There's no possible explanation to me. Not a goof, since scene's obviously meant to be that way. Perhaps Karl isn't German?

That's the way I always understood it. Hans repeated what he said in English out of frustration because Karl couldn't understand the line in german.

mrmyth

"Hans, you made your point you motherfucker, let 'em pull back!"
"Thank you Mr McClane, I'll take it under advisement. Hit it again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom