• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
So I decided to try getting Zelda:SS runnning after seeing all these lovely shots. Everything was going swimmingly until I actually went to run it...

halp.jpg

I get this error every time I launch the game. I followed Thoraxes settings, tried ripping the game again, tried an older build. :(

Any tips?

Beats

So I decided to try getting Zelda:SS runnning after seeing all these lovely shots. Everything was going swimmingly until I actually went to run it...

halp.jpg

I get this error every time I launch the game. I followed Thoraxes settings, tried ripping the game again, tried an older build. :(

Any tips?

edit: Nevermind I guess lol.

jediyoshi

Any tips?

That's just standard initialization text that should be popping up. I'm assuming it just stays at a black screen? Do other games work for you? Have you tried running the game using default settings?

Uh, I can't really help you with your error but that ISO name is suspicious according to google :|

Nothing suspicious about it, just standard Wii game code.
http://www.wiisave.com/gamecodes/

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
That's just standard initialization text that should be popping up. I'm assuming it just stays at a black screen? Do other games work for you? Have you tried running the game using default settings?

Yes, sorry should have been clearer. It just stays on the screen once it gets there. I've tried other settings and I'm about to test Wind Waker to see if that makes any difference.

@Beats - I ripped it using CleanRip... I can prove it if you like. ._.

-PXG-

Alright, I got a kick ass rig now. All I need a bluetooth adapter and I'm all set. Those Mario Galaxy screens make my bowels tremble.

Shawsie64

Banned
Is it normal to be getting only 22-25fps in Skyloft in Skyward Sword? First time I've had it up and running, the frame rate seems a bit low.

Core i7 920
6gb DDR3
GTX570

Running r7719 dolphin in 1920 x 1080

After checking my frame rates last night im only getting around 25-27fps @1920 x 1080 Skyloft in Skyward sword.. with random hitches when locking on to targets..

My system is:
i2500K @4.3ghz
8gb DDR3
2gb 6950

Is this normal?

Beats

Nothing suspicious about it, just standard Wii game code.
http://www.wiisave.com/gamecodes/

Oh okay. I didn't know that. My bad.

Yes, sorry should have been clearer. It just stays on the screen once it gets there. I've tried other settings and I'm about to test Wind Waker to see if that makes any difference.

@Beats - I ripped it using CleanRip... I can prove it if you like. ._.

Nah it's alright, I just thought it was a strange name.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
Ok, WindWaker is working no problem! Guess I'll just fiddle with the settings until SS works.

Oh another question. If I want to use the wii sensor bar, do I just turn on the Wii and position it under the screen I'm going to use? (if I can use it at all lol)

jediyoshi

If I want to use the wii sensor bar, do I just turn on the Wii and position it under the screen I'm going to use? (if I can use it at all lol)

Yep. If it's specifically going under your screen, make sure to (in the Wiimote Config window) change the Sensor Bar Position option to Bottom.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
Yep. If it's specifically going under your screen, make sure to (in the Wiimote Config window) change the Sensor Bar Position option to Bottom.

Awesome. Thanks a lot buddy. :)

EDIT: Still not working. :/

Does anybody know if there is an issue relating to Wii games freezing up during the 'make sure to wear the wrist strap' screen when you first start a game?

I tried with my copy of Muramasa and that game freezes about half a second after SS does, just long enough for the safety screen to appear.

If I had to guess it's probably the way I'm ripping my games. Basically I'm: using clean rip on wii, ripping to a FAT USB, copying those straight onto my desktop, playing them.

Is that method bad/any better ways? PS. Sorry for filling this thread with nooby questions. T_T

jediyoshi

rofl, there's a forum out there wholesale reposting everyone's images from this thread up there. doesn't bother me aside from them just hotlinking the images directly from my site as well. time for some glorious hotlink protecting.

If I had to guess it's probably the way I'm ripping my games. Basically I'm: using clean rip on wii, ripping to a FAT USB, copying those straight onto my desktop, playing them.

Is that method bad/any better ways? PS. Sorry for filling this thread with nooby questions. T_T

Not being familiar with clean rip, I'd say just to look into other backup homebrew. Do the backups work when you try to play them back on your Wii?

Red

Awesome. Thanks a lot buddy. :)

EDIT: Still not working. :/

Does anybody know if there is an issue relating to Wii games freezing up during the 'make sure to wear the wrist strap' screen when you first start a game?

I tried with my copy of Muramasa and that game freezes about half a second after SS does, just long enough for the safety screen to appear.

I'm not sure why you'd be having this problem, but have you tried ripping to an NTFS drive? Or rip with usbloader and convert to .iso using WiiBackupManager?

En-ou

Anyone else get a little bit of slow down in the main town in Skyward Sword?

Game runs great and didn't get a chance to see what frame rate its actually running at but just feels a tad more "laggy" in open areas.. Indoors its amazing..

Specs are:

i2500k @ 4.3ghz
8gb DDR3
2gb 6950

Running max internal AA, no AA and 16 AF

Using 64bit 7719

no, its solid 30 for me. sometimes i notice my game drops to 25 fps but i just restart and it is back again at smooth 30.

aett

I'm having trouble running Super Mario Galaxy 2 at more than 40-50 FPS. Sometimes it slows down even more (especially during the Bowser scene in the opening), but it usually stays between 40-50, which is just slow enough to make it annoying.

Specs: i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 560 Ti

EDIT: For some reason, DKCR is running at about 45 FPS now, but yesterday it was at a solid 60. I haven't changed any settings, so I wonder what's going on. I have AA turned off, and AF at 1x.

Medalion

Banned
I'm having trouble running Super Mario Galaxy 2 at more than 40-50 FPS. Sometimes it slows down even more (especially during the Bowser scene in the opening), but it usually stays between 40-50, which is just slow enough to make it annoying.

Specs: i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 560 Ti

EDIT: For some reason, DKCR is running at about 45 FPS now, but yesterday it was at a solid 60. I haven't changed any settings, so I wonder what's going on. I have AA turned off, and AF at 1x.
Depends if you have other programs working in the background, or you haven't restarted your comp in awhile, tr that.

Mohonky

After checking my frame rates last night im only getting around 25-27fps @1920 x 1080 Skyloft in Skyward sword.. with random hitches when locking on to targets..

My system is:
i2500K @4.3ghz
8gb DDR3
2gb 6950

Is this normal?

Go to Graphics - Hacks - EFB Copies and make sure RAM is not selected, only Virtual.

Did this when I was only getting 22-25fps in Skyloft and it was moving really slow, immediately fixed the problem, normal speed and 30fps locked after that.

Dilli666

Dolphin-cycle:
I'm always getting jealous about those screenshots every few months
and try out the newest release on my machine.
Setting everything up and playing a few to the next game-breaking bug :-(

Anyone played Skyward Sword from start to end on Dolphin, yet? Care to post your setup?

Red

Dolphin-cycle:
I'm always getting jealous about those screenshots every few months
and try out the newest release on my machine.
Setting everything up and playing a few to the next game-breaking bug :-(

Anyone played Skyward Sword from start to end on Dolphin, yet? Care to post your setup?
4ghz i7, vapor x 5870. Played start to finish with no problems except when cheats were enabled.

Red

Coud you tell me your settings + revision? Plan on starting tonight. :)
They are Thoraxes' web famous settings. r7719m. I enabled 8x AA but some others who did so ran into problems.

I'm at work currently, so I can't post full settings. They have been shared in this thread a few times though.

Ryoku

Anyone know how I can make Super Mario Galaxy 2 run smoothly?
My system is as follows:

AMD Phenom X4 9850 @ 2.5GHz
GTX 460 Hawk Edition 1GB
8GB DDR2 RAM

I can't seem to get it to run smoothly @ 1680x1050.

Thrakier

Anyone know how I can make Super Mario Galaxy 2 run smoothly?
My system is as follows:

AMD Phenom X4 9850 @ 2.5GHz
GTX 460 Hawk Edition 1GB
8GB DDR2 RAM

I can't seem to get it to run smoothly @ 1680x1050.

No chance. I have a i5 2500l @4.3GHZ and even with that I still get slowdowns in some scenes like end boss fights and stuff.

Some questions from my side:

- is it possible that using a Real wiimote actually improves the performance a bit?
- Any chance the devs will ever fix the annoying audio lag introduced by LLE?

EDIT:

Hm, besides rocking a stable 30FPS all the time in SS I still get some minor stuttering from time to time. is this caused by some setting? Any idea?

MCD

Overclocking my AMD 1100T Black from 3300 to 4200 solved all my audio/framedrops hiccups except maybe for Super Mario Galaxy, that game is such a demanding bitch.

Bog

Junior Ace
Anyone have suggestions for a wiireless sensor bar? The link in the OP seems to be OOS from Amazon.

Tik-Tok

Man, Dolphin seems to randomly just be shutting my wiimote off while playing SS.

It was working fine the other day, now just randomly after 2 minutes or 10 the wiimote just shuts itself off.

Genuine wiimote not fake. :( Anyone else experience this?

jediyoshi

irishcow

Man, Dolphin seems to randomly just be shutting my wiimote off while playing SS.

It was working fine the other day, now just randomly after 2 minutes or 10 the wiimote just shuts itself off.

Genuine wiimote not fake. :( Anyone else experience this?

Try a new set of batteries?

Bossniak

You can play SS without a sensor bar if you run it full screen and instead of that window being active, open another window and click it with your mouse so it is active and the game works like it should if you had a sensor bar. Granted I have 2 monitors so the window does not interfere in full screen.

Thoraxes

I thought FSAA breaks the game? Oh, what is it with Per Pixel Lighting and that stuff. How does it improve the picture?

It didn't for me, though die to the bloom you can see the slight doubling occasionally (but this was not distracting to me). As for the lighting, it calulates per-pixel rather than by vertex.

Also, my game looks like this:

daxp01-43xpdy4.png

daxp01-2583cf2.png

daxp01-9apfrm.png

daxp01-24ovudf.png

Top Bottom