• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA and Bioware plant DLC into figurines for Mass Effect 3

rozay

Banned
Someone on the BSN noticed this recently:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11280&mode=retail

Each character includes updated photos, character bio, storyline, and logo, and is packaged with Mass Effect 3 branding.

Bonus Downloadable Game Content: Each figure includes an in-pack card giving you access to downloadable in-game bonus content. Each figure contains different in-game content, exclusive to North American released product. Collect all 8 for the full experience!

According to people who emailed the store, they aren't revealing what they are exactly but it seems to be something related to multiplayer. Assuming you buy both 4 packs at $67.99 each, that's $134 without tax already...will this be the game with the most expensive total DLC ever?

also, lol @ north america only

EDIT:More MP content-preorder the artbook from barnes&noble and get more multiplayer content-
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/container/stores.asp?PID=41929
From 1/23/12 - 2/20/12, when you pre-order a copy of The Art of Mass Effect Universe, you will receive a code to download extra game content for Mass Effect 3. This will include the collector's rifle, among other cool content to beat out your opponents.

Not sure if already having the collector rifle in entitlements will work, I'll update this post if I see anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming you buy both 4 packs at $67.99 each, that's $134 without tax already...will this be the game with the most expensive total DLC ever?

But you are buying FIGURES not toys. It's not just DLC.

Also it's about 500 universes behind Railworks DLC.

androvsky

Someone on the BSN noticed this recently:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11280&mode=retail

According to people who emailed the store, they aren't revealing what they are exactly but it seems to be something related to multiplayer. Assuming you buy both 4 packs at $67.99 each, that's $134 without tax already...will this be the game with the most expensive total DLC ever?

I think IdolMaster is going to have that title wrapped up forever, or at least I hope it does.

edit: That's just for console games, I'm afraid to look at what Railworks adds up to.

WTF?!
images

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope someone 'accidentally' releases these DLC items for free on XBLA like they did last time for Mass Effect 2 (the Dr. Pepper promotional items).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I hope someone 'accidentally' releases these DLC items for free on XBLA like they did last time for Mass Effect 2 (the Dr. Pepper promotional items).

That shit was too funny. I had all the DLC for ME2 before the game was even out.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So now we have to buy shitty little toys to get the complete game now. Can't wait for next gen!

border

Assuming you buy both 4 packs at $67.99 each, that's $134 without tax already...will this be the game with the most expensive total DLC ever?

That would be pretty impossible, considering the existence of Rock Band.

Getting all the in-game item World of Warcraft trading cards would probably cost thousands as well.

bengraven

I was actually excited when I saw the thread title.

Because I thought it said we could download little figurines to collect inside Mass Effect and my latent Asberger's kicked in.

rozay

Banned
That would be pretty impossible, considering the existence of Rock Band.

Getting all the in-game item World of Warcraft trading cards would probably cost thousands as well.
how could I forget the most obvious answer! thanks :(

EDIT: Just looked up railworks...you know shit is serious when you see news articles titled "Weekend Deals: Save Almost $900 on Railworks DLC"

Xater

Ugh....

Yeah this pretty much cements it, I am not going to buy Mass Effect 3 at launch. Gonna wait when I can get it for under 20€ so that the "full experience" is not wallet rape.

Kyoufu

Soon enough every game will spread its inventory out as DLC in bullshit merchandise that nobody has the storage space for.

Plasma

Banned
Didn't they say recently that you'll be able to buy the dlc this time round even for the collectors stuff? Or am I getting it mixed up with another game.

Is it me, or does the 4 figurines in the link look like complete and utter ass? I can understand paying (the original 80$) for some quality models, but damn, those are horseshit bad. We're better off just waiting for the DLC to hit normally and skipping the toys and getting it cheaper.

After this, I expect ALL games to follow the Skylanders method. Smash Bros Kerfuffle with 5 base characters, and 50 figurines available in stores to add to the roster. Black Ops 2 requires you to buy actual guns & perk "badges" to use them in-game. The Last Guardian will force you to keep an actual giant rat-dog-thing alive in order to progress the story.

Kinyou

nonononodakrk.gif

Seriously, what the f*ck is wrong with them? Spreading the content of a game all over the place so that no one gets the full experience.

Takao

Banned
Gran Turismo 6 Prologue should work with Hot Wheels, or a more boutique line of toy car makers and do this.

People would buy them.

Psi

Just Bioware moving one step closer to a F2P model where you still pay full price for the game.

rozay

Banned
Is it me, or does the 4 figurines in the link look like complete and utter ass? I can understand paying (the original 80$) for some quality models, but damn, those are horseshit bad. We're better off just waiting for the DLC to hit normally and skipping the toys and getting it cheaper.
Tcq3K.jpg

How could you say no to this face!

megalowho

Once we can just scan in the DLC directly from figure to console, no code required, the Age of Skylanders will truly have begun.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So now all we need is the food/drink DLC promotion tie in, and a shitty iOS game with various linked unlocks, and we've got ourselves a complete bullshit DLC package.

Top Bottom