• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bane and Lex Luthor Revealed for Injustice: Gods Among Us

TDLink

They're in the new issue of Best Buy's GAMER Magazine. Unfortunately no videos and I can't post the scans. May as well make a thread to talk about them though since we haven't had new reveals in a while.

Lex was pretty obvious from when we essentially saw him from the CG trailer months ago. Not too fond of Bane being included though. Seems like we have a much Batman overload in this game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What would Lex do - shine his baldness to everyone and ram them with a cart full of cakes?

^^^ Lex (usually) carries around a big green Krytonite-powered mech suit for when he actually bothers to get his hands dirty with combat. They introduced that suit ages ago though and I don't know if DC's still been using it since the president Lex stuff.

Edit: And on another note, another fucking Batman character. Guess WB is planning on franchising this and doesn't want to blow their load on the first game, and we'll get oddballs like Bronze Tiger and Danny the Street in the sequel

BD1

Banned

Lex was pretty obvious from when we essentially saw him from the CG trailer months ago. Not too fond of Bane being included though. Seems like we have a much Batman overload in this game.

Isn't this sort of a Batman game anyways? From the story trailer it sure seemed like he was the main character.

Lex has his big green suit and Bane looks like comic book/animated Bane with green tubes and black mask (but not super silly like Arkham City).

TreIII

Again...if it weren't for the fact that there are a number of "Bat-picks" in the game already, I wouldn't mind Bane. I've been a fan of the character since the 90s. Would've preferred him as a pick over, say, Harley.

TDLink

Here are little blurbs the magazine has about them:

Bane

True to his hulking form, Bane is a power character and a master of grappling who uses wrestling-inspired moves without a projectile in sight. The Batman villain's character trait is to pump venom through his body. When triggered, it amps up his power and makes him even more dangerous.

Lex

Superman's nemesis is not only key to the story mode, but he's also a heavy-duty fighter, thanks to his armored suit. Luthor relies on gadget-based attacks, and can launch missiles and suck foes towards him. His special trait is a shield that can be powered up by holding a button.

shira

Lex has his big green suit and Bane looks like comic book/animated Bane with green tubes and black mask (but not super silly like Arkham City).

So a laundry service that delivers?
Bane-batman-robin-movie.jpg

Riposte

Taking bets - Will be Bane be uglier than his Batman Arkham incarnation? It would be hard to accomplish, but well within the netherrealm of possibility.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
He's in his armour suit in the magazine screenshots.
^^^ Lex (usually) carries around a big green Krytonite-powered mech suit for when he actually bothers to get his hands dirty with combat. They introduced that suit ages ago though and I don't know if DC's still been using it since the president Lex stuff.

I know, it's a joke :p

This would be the best thing ever.

Indeed.

Ramming enemies with a cart/tray full of cakes would be amazing.

Taking bets - Will be Bane be uglier than his Batman Arkham incarnation? It would be hard to accomplish, but well within the netherrealm of possibility.

Already posted this, but no. He's a lot closer to how he looked in the 90's cartoon and older comics.

TDLink

Assuming we are getting 24 characters in the base game (amount of slots seen in preview builds) with 12 heroes and 12 villains (devs have said they wanted to try to make it even) then the roster stands as:

Heroes (8/12)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing

Villains (7/12)
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Deathstroke
Bane
Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy

Over 1/3 of the roster right now are Batman characters.

Slayven

Assuming we are getting 24 characters in the base game (amount of slots seen in preview builds) with 12 heroes and 12 villains (devs have said they wanted to try to make it even) then the roster stands as:

Heroes (8/12)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing

Villains (7/12)
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Deathstroke
Bane
Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy

1/3 of the roster right now are Batman characters.
Fucking shame, they at least could through in Zoom for Flash.

Heroes (8/12)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing

Villains (7/12)
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Deathstroke
Bane
Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy

Ya but Batman does have.some of the best villains in the DC universe. Unpopular I know, but most DC villains have never made much of an impact with me.

ReiGun

Heroes (8/12)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing

Villains (7/12)
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Deathstroke
Bane
Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy

Fucking hilarious. Especially when each of those characters could be replaced with another DC character easily.

Heroes (8/12)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing

Villains (7/12)
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Deathstroke
Bane
Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy

Needs:

Captain Cold/Zoom/Sinestro/Larfreeze/Etrigan for Villains

Animal Man (or Beast Boy?)/Hitman/Manhunter/Constantine/Swamp Thing for Heroes

TDLink

Needs:

Captain Cold/Zoom/Sinestro/Larfreeze/Etrigan for Villains

Animal Man (or Best Boy?)/Hitman/Manhunter/Constantine/Swamp Thing for Heroes

Captain Cold and Martian Manhunter (at least) have been rumoured by the devs in the past so we will probably get those two. Really wouldn't be surprised about Sinestro either considering the rest of the cast we have gotten so far (characters known by the general public mostly).

Heroes (8/12)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing

Villains (7/12)
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Deathstroke
Bane
Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy

Aquaman's the only JLA big 7 guy missing (sorry Martian Manhunter)...they've gotta do him, right?

I figure Sinestro's a lock too.

Top Bottom