• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 vs NBA Live 14 - Comparison (PS4)

farisr

So today, I finally got a chance to actually play some ps4 games since I didn't have work. Had both Live 14 and 2K14 preordered. But yeah, downloaded the Live 14 demo (never thought EA would be the company to put out 2 of the first 3 demos on PSN, especially in the case of Live).

Kinda seemed like people weren't giving Live a fair shot whenever I saw a thread pop up.

Last time I tried a NBA 2K game (don't even remember what year, possibly 2k8), it just didn't gel with me so Live 14 had a good shot. Also, since I knew there was gonna be a graphics disparity for sure, I tried out the Live demo first so my focus would be on the gameplay. When you're actually playing (broadcast angle) the graphics aren't that bad, and yeah animations didn't seem too janky (like some videos showed).

I went "yeah this pretty much feels like Live, slightly altered controls here and there" (last Live I played was 09 I believe).

I was like "okay, I may keep this game, I remember 2K feeling too hard/not fun and this is a bit fun, as the previous Live titles I've played have been."

So next I opened up my copy of 2k14 (didn't hesitate to open because dem graphics). Started playing (keeping the settings to default, not sim) and wow what a shock. Graphics aside the game was actually unexpectedly fun and smooth to play. Played about three quarters of the quick game and yeah definitely knew I was keeping this game, not just as a graphical showpiece, but as a game I'd have fun with.

Unlike the last time I played where something just felt off about the gameplay (I was a big Live fan back then), kinda like I was fighting the controls to do what I want, here they worked (still haven't figured out all the controls yet, the control screen was pretty damn overwhelming, funnily like in real life, my dribbling skills are just basic right now, but I got pretty good at shots, steals and blocking).

Cels

They also gave Ginobili some hair
e553cf27f8fdd30b5c81bb4c8a36e8b5.png

wtf. it looks like they ginobili the hair paint job thing...which is something boozer actually did last year

carlos-boozer-spraypaint-hair-530x289.jpg

and both gordon haywards look terrible, jesus christ

UTA_Hayward_Gordon.jpg

dankir

omg that comparison video... who's the Lakers player at 1:30?? They don't even look like the same race lol.

edit: Jesus christ just saw the Dirk Nowitzki comparison.... so terrible.

#ShesDeadJim

casmith07

So today, I finally got a chance to actually play some ps4 games since I didn't have work. Had both Live 14 and 2K14 preordered. But yeah, downloaded the Live 14 demo (never thought EA would be the company to put out 2 of the first 3 demos on PSN, especially in the case of Live).

Kinda seemed like people weren't giving Live a fair shot whenever I saw a thread pop up.

Last time I tried a NBA 2K game (don't even remember what year, possibly 2k8), it just didn't gel with me so Live 14 had a good shot. Also, since I knew there was gonna be a graphics disparity for sure, I tried out the Live demo first so my focus would be on the gameplay. When you're actually playing (broadcast angle) the graphics aren't that bad, and yeah animations didn't seem too janky (like some videos showed).

I went "yeah this pretty much feels like Live, slightly altered controls here and there" (last Live I played was 09 I believe).

I was like "okay, I may keep this game, I remember 2K feeling too hard/not fun and this is a bit fun, as the previous Live titles I've played have been."

So next I opened up my copy of 2k14 (didn't hesitate to open because dem graphics). Started playing (keeping the settings to default, not sim) and wow what a shock. Graphics aside the game was actually unexpectedly fun and smooth to play. Played about three quarters of the quick game and yeah definitely knew I was keeping this game, not just as a graphical showpiece, but as a game I'd have fun with.

Unlike the last time I played where something just felt off about the gameplay (I was a big Live fan back then), kinda like I was fighting the controls to do what I want, here they worked (still haven't figured out all the controls yet, the control screen was pretty damn overwhelming, funnily like in real life, my dribbling skills are just basic right now, but I got pretty good at shots, steals and blocking).

NBA 2K14 is the game I'm playing the most aside from Warframe.

casmith07

Maybe now EA will give up the Live dream and go all in on a new NBA Street. That's a basketball game I'd play, wonder what that team is up to.

It's a god damn shame that game never kept going.

Hell even if they don't have the NBA License they could make a street ball game with a deep career/story mode.

Moostache

UUa8mXv.jpg

I'm dying.

That made me cry from laughing so hard....I just managed to snag my PS4 today (early Christmas gift from the wife since I got her the LG G2 phone and had to give it to her today since her contract expired before X-mas....

The demo for Live was pretty under-whelming to me, but that clip and the expression on his face is PRICELESS!!!

Has there been a change.org petition? Surely the NFL would listen if they had enough signatures.

Well, someone is making petition push:

http://www.nfl2kpetition.org/

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO END THE MADDENESS

Sign the petition to the left. To read the full petition, click here.

Share the petition with your friends and followers.

You can also tweet the following statement to the Twitter accounts below:

We petition you, NFL owners, NFL Players Association, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: License 2K Games to bring back NFL 2K

To: NFL Players, Owners, Executives & Community, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell (@NFLCommish), NFLPA Executive Director DeMaurice Smith (@deSmithNFLPA), NFLPA President Domonique Foxworth (@foxworth24), NFL Ventures VP Eric Grubman (@ericNFLmoney), Jerry Jones (@realJerryJones), John Mara (@johnmarajr), CAA agents Tom Condon & Ben Dogra (@CAA_Football)

Top Bottom