• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuma Kiryu is "probably" the most requested first guest character in Tekken 7

poodaddy

If they want me to pre-order Tekken 7 then Kiryu will be invited to the party, if they hate me and my money then Kiryu will be left at the bus stop.

Your move Namco...

StereoVsn

That could get me to buy Tekken 7 earlier then planned, no joke. Plus Kiryu would be perfect for Tekken with his crazy heat moves, rage and power-ups.

Kiryu is way too big to fight human sized characters in Tekken:
latest

It just wouldn't be fair he could easily just crush them by stepping on them if he wanted to.

Yup, that's what I was thinking too. Very disappointed this is not the Kiryu that I expected.

Thought this was Mechagodzilla when I read the title.

i'll pm a mod to change the title. sorry for the disappointment.
That could get me to buy Tekken 7 earlier then planned, no joke. Plus Kiryu would be perfect for Tekken with his crazy heat moves, rage and power-ups.
even if this becomes true (although very unlikely based on what Zerox said), the dlc won't be out till like Christmas time.

Nope, he's definitely second.
https://twitter.com/SukebanGames/status/853847490751287296

Edit: To clarify, whoever this is surpassed Kiryu on replies, likes, and retweets. Kiryu is second, with Geese coming in third.

These polls are always skewed :D always seem to be filled with niche characters that dont really sell anymore copies in a big volume to be worth the investment and business deal of a guest character.

Im guessing its going to be Tifa from FF7 or something along those Akuma lines of mass appeal. Or maybe just another SF character.

consoul

I didn't​ think I could muster much excitement for Tekken 7, and then this thread happened.

Day One if Kiryu makes the roster.
Goro too pls.

Gren

My first thought was "Wat? Why not a VF or DOA character to keep in line with the fighting game crossover trend that's all the rage these days?" Then I realized the Mishimas are pretty much yakuza sans the tats. So yeah, that'd be a pretty dope showdown to see.

These polls are always skewed :D always seem to be filled with niche characters that dont really sell anymore copies in a big volume to be worth the investment and business deal of a guest character.

Im guessing its going to be Tifa from FF7 or something along those Akuma lines of mass appeal. Or maybe just another SF character.

I think we need to clarify though that Harada tweeted twice. in the second tweet, there seems to be a lot more retweets of Kiryu san.

exfatal

day -1 if this ever happens Kiryu is too bad ass and would make a great fit in tekken world. hell go all out and make it that Kiryu also made a promise along with akuma to defeat whats his name.

Korigama

I doubt any input from the west is being listened to
I suspect that the most that players in the West can hope for is at least one guest character choice that meets them halfway. It seems safe to conclude that what Japanese players would be most likely to buy will be prioritized with such decisions, though I wouldn't say that Kazuma is an improbable choice when accounting for the continued success of Yakuza there.

Worst case scenario for the Western FGC, Harada decides to make the salt mine opened by Lucky Chloe look like a salt packet by adding Marie Rose.

Tekken is easily my least favorite fighting game series and I haven't really gotten into one since TTT2.

Kiryu would make it a day 1 purchase.

gelf

I rather him be in Virtua Fighter but then that would require Sega remembering it exists so I suppose I'd take it.

Aki-at

I'd rather Sega make AM2 do a Fighters Megamix 2 then see Kiryu appear in Tekken to be honest. The fact they never made a crossover fighter again still boggles my mind.

Still might grab Tekken 7 irregardless of Kiryu's inclusion or not.

Top Bottom