• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then there's GST, tax on the salary, super, insurance I think, ...
Technically, you don't need to pay yourself super when you're self employed, the idea being that you're building a business with equity and that this equity will serve as your retirement fund. But yeah, if you're working full time, pay yourself super.

Professional indemnity insurance is a must, as is setting aside income tax. Unless you're turning over ridiculous money or have a wide variety of clients, I wouldn't bother with an accountant. The ATO has guides for setting yourself up.

r1chard

Thanks for the contracting advice, folks! I talked to an accountant and he was a little mystified as to why I was talking to him. It was kinda surreal actually. Like seriously, there was this "why are you bothering me" attitude.

Since it's only a 3 month contract, I don't think I'll need to BAS (I won't pull in more than $75k) and the other stuff seems easy enough to deal with (tho I still need to learn more about insurance and I'm going to have to buy a laptop).

Accepted an offer on my house. Will be homeless in a month.
Nice work! I hear (from various news outlets) that homelessness is quite the lifestyle. (seriously: congrats)

Nice work! I hear (from various news outlets) that homelessness is quite the lifestyle. (seriously: congrats)

Debt free! Yay!

Seriously. Hated the 4 years I was tied down with mortgage. Now I have the freedom to do things on my own pace and also have a backup of funds for the future.

It was nice having my own place but the costs of owning a house really add up over time, and having to set aside a good chunk of your pay for repayments, council fees and other costs just binds you down.

Ashtrax

I keep forgetting about this thread! I've now got it subscribed since finally making use of the tool!

Anyway... I'm just going to sob about Hawthorn FC being at the bottom of the ladder for a while.

Franziska

Hi AusGAF,

Are there any retailers stocking physical Persona 5 for the PS3?

My local EBGames/JB Hi-Fi/Big W only have the PS4 release.

Google yields mightyape but at at $96+ shipping....

Attended the March for Science in Sydney today which was great, and incidentally ended at Sydney's 'Humamz House Party' where I could listen to the new Gorillaz album in full! Then Pence's motorcade went past and ruined a great day haha

radaxian

Hi AusGAF,

Are there any retailers stocking physical Persona 5 for the PS3?

My local EBGames/JB Hi-Fi/Big W only have the PS4 release.

Google yields mightyape but at at $96+ shipping....

I know you said physical, but the digital version of P5 on PS3 is $70 (and cheaper than PS4 at $100)

I was wanting to watch the games but I'm currently living in Korea so I was about to try and find a vpn that would give me an aussie ip but stumbled upon something even better.

Found a little program called iviewripper (and one for sbs on demand called sbsripper) that displays the whole iview database and lets you download anything... so convenient

I was wanting to watch the games but I'm currently living in Korea so I was about to try and find a vpn that would give me an aussie ip but stumbled upon something even better.

Found a little program called iviewripper (and one for sbs on demand called sbsripper) that displays the whole iview database and lets you download anything... so convenient

Oooooooooooooo that's nice.

Also protip for Youtube, if people find videos are geoblocked replace 'tube' with 'pak'.

Cerity

spent most of the morning boardgaming before some of the boys had to head to work. Knocked out a few rounds of Power Grid (great game btw) and a few smaller rounds of Machi Koro. We opened the box for Eldritch Horror and quickly realised we wouldn't have enough time.

Taking a rest while I'm waiting for the second coat to dry. I'm going to be up late tonight, I think.

Have any of you seen that FaceApp thread? The algorithm is absolutely bonkers, yo. It has to be a deep learning type of thing. The age filters should be simple to do conceptually- just feed the program a bunch of photos of the same people at different stages of life and get it to recognise the differences that occur as people get older. The gender swap one I'm a little less sure about how they achieved it. Maybe they fed it a bunch of photos of sets of siblings as stand-ins for different gendered versions of people?

cyueKg7.jpg

Seriously. I look at old VKS and I see my dad. It's freaking me out.

Went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I don't know how Marvel keep doing it, but this one was great as well. Easily as good as the first.

Watched it yesterday. Music and jokes kept me entertained (even though half the jokes were predictable), but I didn't care for the plot at all. Thought they stretched it way too long and I was bored by the final half an hour. Also, didn't enjoy the overload of special effects.

Overall, it was worse that the first one. I've seen the first one multiple times cause it had a certain charm to it, this one was forgettable.

Machina

Banned
view20of20america-01xxp2v.png

Take hope, AusGAF. We may have plenty wrong with our country, but it seems we still haven't lost our most basic humility and sanity.

Gazunta

Looks like arcades really are making a come back. This new place opening in Brisbane next month sounds pretty good: http://bmag.com.au/things-to-do-in-...anes-largest-retro-arcade-set-to-open-in-may/

"There are no coins and no time limits — just complete access with a one-day ($15), weekly ($29), monthly ($79) or quarterly ($129) pass.... Some of the games that have been confirmed for the launch include The Simpsons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tekken, Blazing Star, Virtua Cop 2, Rave Racer, Club GTi, and a variety of Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and NeoGeo titles."

FUUUUCK Morningside is juuuust too far away from where I work and where I live. Hell, I haven't even been to that new arcade place in the valley everyone was going on about a few months back.

But Rave Racer. RAVE MOTHERFUCKING RACER. I was a God damn savante at Rave Racer. Absolutely killed me there was never a real home port.

view20of20america-01xxp2v.png

Take hope, AusGAF. We may have plenty wrong with our country, but it seems we still haven't lost our most basic humility and sanity.

I had the misfortune of dealing with a couple of people in the the "green band" over the last year or so. They are the very definition of "fuck you, got mine and now I want some of yours as well"

FUUUUCK Morningside is juuuust too far away from where I work and where I live. Hell, I haven't even been to that new arcade place in the valley everyone was going on about a few months back.

But Rave Racer. RAVE MOTHERFUCKING RACER. I was a God damn savante at Rave Racer. Absolutely killed me there was never a real home port.

We should get a bit of a crew together to hit it up one day. Rave Racer is also a major draw card for me!

Where about's do you live?

hirokazu

That doesn't mean they'd be happier with a over emotional crazy man with planet ending nuclear powers.
Pretty sure their political views don't go past "Muslims are terrorists and they're stealing our jobs and welfare and secretly indicting us into Islam with Halal food."

I work in Bowen Hills, live in (whispers quietly)...logan

Working at Bowen Hills, you should really stop by Netherworld in the Valley one day (and drink plenty of beer).

Morningside is a bit of a hassle (less than Logan hehe) but we should make a day of it one time. I'm sure there's a few Brissy Gaffers hanging around.

dx202z

Neo Member
Working at Bowen Hills, you should really stop by Netherworld in the Valley one day (and drink plenty of beer).

Morningside is a bit of a hassle (less than Logan hehe) but we should make a day of it one time. I'm sure there's a few Brissy Gaffers hanging around.

Yep, I'm one of them. Netherworld is great, I end up there about once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom