• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Sephon

Really loving this game after level 20 when all the BAMs starts sprouting up.
But I feel that I'm getting too old for MMOs when I see the area chat just lighting up with childish remarks and trolling all day.

I joined a random swedish guild just to get some real, sane conversations going... But alas, my countrymen where even worse and acted like 10 year olds.
But I guess I gotta put more effort in finding a good guild with some mature people

Somnia

So started playing tonight as a Warrior on ToV and got invited into the GAF guild. Really enjoying this game, combat is a nice change of pace and loving the look of the world. Can't wait to get a bit higher and see how things go, but so far so good and the game seems to have a good early population.

jiien

So started playing tonight as a Warrior on ToV and got invited into the GAF guild. Really enjoying this game, combat is a nice change of pace and loving the look of the world. Can't wait to get a bit higher and see how things go, but so far so good and the game seems to have a good early population.

Things will become glorious once you get to BAMs and instances :)

Izayoi

Banned
Really loving this game after level 20 when all the BAMs starts sprouting up.
But I feel that I'm getting too old for MMOs when I see the area chat just lighting up with childish remarks and trolling all day.

I joined a random swedish guild just to get some real, sane conversations going... But alas, my countrymen where even worse and acted like 10 year olds.
But I guess I gotta put more effort in finding a good guild with some mature people
Making a tab with just guild, party, and whispers should be your first priority. Remove area chat from every tab that has it enabled.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well, both from the CR videos I've seen and the groups I've gotten, that's not you're usual DPS looking for a group.

As I said, I changed my crystals, which reduces damage to about half. I wasn't able to keep my rotation without pulling aggro, and that didn't seem the way to go. I assume that you would also be pulling aggro with that damage, and it's true that isn't as dangerous to pull hate as a Warrior as it is as an Archer.

I'm pretty sure I could pull 50k with the right crystals, which I haven't bothered with yet… The question would be, why?

At 40 I see my damage of my Archer being capped by the ability to keep threat of our tank. Seems pretty good.

On other news, went 4-0 roaming the areas around Velika while looking for DGKK and Fairy Tail. Just realized I spent 3 hours on it and it was quite fun.

Oh no I'm not talking about lfg, Thats with the group I run with.

Torraz

Every time I play an mmo on a pvp server I tell myself that that is the last time, but I am having a hard time deciding between VoT and dragonfall. How "bad" is the ganking? Which server has the larger guild presence?

:edit: Stuck at character creation between berserker and slayer while also slightly considering lancer :(.

Rinoa

Anyone have a buddycode left? I gave 3 of mine to people who couldn't seem to get past the checksum error and never could login.

Arksy

Every time I play an mmo on a pvp server I tell myself that that is the last time, but I am having a hard time deciding between VoT and dragonfall. How "bad" is the ganking? Which server has the larger guild presence?

:edit: Stuck at character creation between berserker and slayer while also slightly considering lancer :(.

If you're looking at the GAF guild, the VoT has about 40 members while DF has about 200. Ganking isn't bad at all. You're free to switch channel if you please as well so no real opportunity for them to follow you through unless they find you in one of the other 10 channels.

Izayoi

Banned
1yezpe.png

26ny16.png

DrBo42

Myself and 2 friends from RL have progressed to around 25ish on VoT and the game has really clicked for us. Having a fucking blast hunting down BAMs now.

My buddies and I got ganked by 3 27's in celestial vale (we were 24 at the time) or whatever and ended up smoking them. Reversing the gank makes the PVP server so worth it. If someone's being a true douchebag and hunting you, you can always change channels.

How many hours did you guys put in going from 1 to level cap or wherever you are now?
Also how easy is it to get competitive gear at your current character level?

Have a baby due in July and I won't have nearly as much time to devote to gaming as I currently do, so I'd probably be playing a few hours here and there.

Truant

Don't you get to try it at like level 20 or so in the prologue? Should give a good preview about the combat.

True, I guess I have to go back now that I'm more familiar with the combat. I appreciate that they tried something different with the prologue, but that was a mess.

Torraz

Rolled a zerker on the pve realm and sent an application.

In a few days (after I grasp all the mechanics) I might try my hand at a slayer on the PVP realm too.

Torraz

Got my Elin berserker to 11, the town and her horse. Really liking it so far.

Very tempted to alt a slayer of lancer now... Is there a lot of coop leveling/questing on the pvp realms?

Ok so I have been watching videos and reading this thread, and this might be the first MMO I buy (well I got EVE for like 2 pounds with a month playtime once, and also played Guild Wars for about a month, but I've always been put off by dull combat). I got a problem though. Right now I'm in Europe, and have a very good connection, but from September I will be living in Japan. Should I buy the European version now, and then somehow switch servers when I get to Japan? Or should I buy the American version now, and hope that both now and in Japan, the lag isn't too bad?

Ideally I'd like to try it out on a US server now, but that doesn't seem possible, unless someone has some spare buddy codes...

Slacker

I have a 24 archer on BC which will be moved to VoT as soon as they let me. I haven't seen a queue since the head start weekend so hopefully it'll be soon.

I find the archer to be pretty entertaining to play. There are enough skills to make the combos fun, and the damage output makes me feel like I'm stuck in mud when I go back to my mystic. BAMs feel like easy mode, though. I need to read strategies to make sure I'm not supposed to be doing anything different. Now all I do is wail on the bastard.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a 24 archer on BC (which will be moved to VoT as soon as they let me. I haven't seen a queue since the head start weekend so hopefully it'll be soon.

I find the archer to be pretty entertaining to play. There are enough skills to make the combos fun, and the damage output makes me feel like I'm stuck in mud when I go back to my mystic. BAMs feel like easy mode, though. I need to read strategies to make sure I'm not supposed to be doing anything different. Now all I do is wail on the bastard.

Honestly, low level BAMs aren't that rough. Some of the higher level ones will keep you on your toes, but so far, none have been impossibly tough. Just be smart about your hunting and you won't have any issues. :p

NeOak

First, seems I gotta get ready to play the political part of the game. Since it's one vote per account, could the Gaffers that aren't in Dragonfall roll a character there so they can vote for us when the time comes?I say this because i don't know the minimum level for voting. Praising a guild is only posible at level 10 but voting, no idea.

Second FWIW, we got like ~270 people now, but around 60-ish are alts iirc. When we hit the cap we'll start moving the alts to an alt guild.

Third, Gotta get that website rolling. Unknown Soldier, you sure we can use it? It needs a facelift and remove the beta info.

Keasar

Welp, I took the plunge and put down a order for the game. Will hopefully get the code sometime tomorrow.

Are there any spots left in the GAF EU guild?

vaelic

Banned
First, seems I gotta get ready to play the political part of the game. Since it's one vote per account, could the Gaffers that aren't in Dragonfall roll a character there so they can vote for us when the time comes?I say this because i don't know the minimum level for voting. Praising a guild is only posible at level 10 but voting, no idea.

Second FWIW, we got like ~270 people now, but around 60-ish are alts iirc. When we hit the cap we'll start moving the alts to an alt guild.

Third, Gotta get that website rolling. Unknown Soldier, you sure we can use it? It needs a facelift and remove the beta info.
was going to say we need to clean up alts and level 1's who havent played

Hixx

Welp, I took the plunge and put down a order for the game. Will hopefully get the code sometime tomorrow.

Are there any spots left in the GAF EU guild?

where's the EU GAF guild? I keep hearing about it but does one even exist?

Trey

What is this "buddy pass"? I'm intrigued by Tera but would rather not drop 50 dollars on a game in which I'm not sure I will be playing for a month or more.

Is buying the game outright my only option?

Einbroch

Banned
You need my help? You need my help? You need my help? You need my help?

What's the matter? Are you too small-minded? You small-minded fool, look at the big picture. Your small-mindedness will be your downfall. What, are you too small-minded to finish me?

Twinduct

So there is no trial for this game right?
Really can't jump on this unless I can test my latency.

Is there any news on if there will be some kind of public trial coming?

dc89

With the CE you can use the items on more than 1 character right?

Also the EU GAF guild is on Essenia right? Do I just apply to the guild?

Why do I come in these threads. I did so well to avoid the launch/open beta hype by just REMOVING myself from the situation. Game has launched, safe to go in thread they said. Can't be sold on the game this close to D3 launch they said.

Lies. I'm so close to just picking up a cheap copy on ebay. With my "free" Diablo III (annual pass) my brain is trying to trick me into thinking I basically have a "spare $60!" Ugh.

Ricker

Is there away to emote to someone in this...I often see Believe members and want to wave to them let's say but I can't seem to figure how....

Top Bottom