• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power February 2007 scores

Xristot

I just got this mag on Saturday. Here are the scores + details for anyone who cares.

Wii

Warioware: 9.0
Far Cry: 4.0
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: 7.5
Elebits: 7.5
Super Swing Golf: 7.5
Need for Speed Carbon: 6.0
Chicken Little: 7.0

DS
Kirby DS: 7.5
Spider-man:Battle for New York: 6.0
Xiaolin Showdown: 5.0
Star Wars Lethal Alliance: 7.0
Phoenix Wright: Justice For All: 9.0
Fullmetal Alchemist: 7.0

Gamecube
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: 9.5

In other news,

-Pokemon Diamond and Pearl said to be released this spring
-Mario Party 8 feature showing the first table (donkey kong theme). Looking pretty good actually.
-Alien Syndrome looks like crap (why even bother sega?)
-Trioncube and lunar knights previews, both to be released in February.
-Prince of persia confirmed to be return to the throne. Ubisoft not trying at all confirmed.
-Heatseekers Wii preview. Looks pretty decent. Producer says they want it to play like afterburner. Says you rack up triple digit kills in some levels. Control scheme looks decent. Maybe not a bad title after all? We'll see.
-Hotel Dusk preview. Looking really damn nice.
-The do a 'revisiting the classics' piece on Earthbound. Amirox would be proud. Too bad they say they don't know if earthbound will be released on the VC. If it was, it would certainly be a way to get the message across to nintendo that we want mother 3.

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to dig through the magazine.

Jammy

Banned
Nintendo Power's been really spot-on with their reviews ever since the magazine was re-designed. I'd say Wario Ware: Smooth Moves might be the only game a little off score-wise.

Actually, Super Swing Golf is more like an 8.5 to me. Shorten the load times and make us able to skip the computers turns and this game would be an easy 9 or 9.5.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Xristot said:
-Pokemon Diamond and Pearl said to be released this sping

:lol :lol :lol

Anyways, nice tidbit of info, don't care for the shovelware(PoP).

ant1532

Banned
Sounds good. But damn, you got this issue THIS EARLY??

Nice to see unbiased reviews from NP.I hated that star shit they had

ShockingAlberto said:
*checks calendar*

I hate magazine publishing dates.
No shit. And unless you're Game Informer (who actually gets pretty awesome exclusives), you might as well date the issues for the month before, because all of the info is that old.

I have this issue and you know what's even more depressing about the Prince of Persia feature? The screenshots aren't even new -- they're all previously released from the game last year. **** you Ubisoft, and **** your ports.

Xristot

ant1532 said:
Sounds good. But damn, you got this issue THIS EARLY??

Nice to see unbiased reviews from NP.I hated that star shit they had

yeah, it's really funny. I got January and February issues on the same day. Weird.

Fady K

Warioware: 9.0 Hmm Im still worried after reading Sporks impressions...
Far Cry: 4.0 Boom
Elebits: 7.5 I expected Nintendo Power to be a lot nicer here :/
Phoenix Wright: Justice For All: 9.0 Another Capcom Classic :D
Fullmetal Alchemist: 7.0 Im really thinking of picking this up, big FMA fan
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: 9.5 Not a 10 :0

-Alien Ressurection looks like crap (why even bother sega?) What? Which Alien game are they talking about??
-Trioncube and lunar knights previews, both to be released in February. Finally, a solid date for Lunar Knights
-Prince of persia confirmed to be return to the throne. Ubisoft not trying at all confirmed. IMO Ubisoft didnt try ANYTHING on Wii, i remember when they announced like 7 games at one time, I was astonished, i was more astonished when 6 of those games scored at an average of less than 50%
-Heatseekers Wii preview. Looks pretty decent. Producer says they want it to play like afterburner. Says you rack up triple digit kills in some levels. Control scheme looks decent. Maybe not a bad title after all? We'll see. Interesting
-Hotel Dusk preview. Looking really damn nice. Just hope its not as short as Trace Memory, Jinx's previous game

Thanks for the info :)

SumGamer

That's pretty tough score.
Even Kirby got 7.5.
And Elebits, c'mon :( it desevred an 8 at least.

Agree with 9 for PW and 9.5 for ZTP. They are saving 10 for the REAL Wii Zelda.

Xristot

For anyone wondering about Hotel dusk's length. The article states that there are 10 chapters in the game and that the story is much longer than Trace memory.

Fady K

Xristot said:
For anyone wondering about Hotel dusk's length. The article states that there are 10 chapters in the game and that the story is much longer than Trace memory.

Thanks for the info. I was curious about this.

Fady K said:
Just hope its not as short as Trace Memory, Jinx's previous game

Jinx? You mean Cing?

Also, how long is the Hotel Dusk Article? As long as the Phoenix Wright feature last issue? Pleeeeeeeese?:D

Also, 10 Chapters?!!!!!?!?!?!?! Yay!

When I heard about the game taking place in a hotel, and the picture of the hotel was tiny, I was ready for another 4 hour magical adventure. BTW: I'm at 40 hours exact in Trace Memory. It goes without saying, I can't wait for Hotel Dusk, and Cing's Wii game!:D

Xristot said:
january = zelda on a horse
February = wario

*whoa, sorry for the double post. I should have edited.
OK, yeah, I got January a few weeks ago and Wario yesterday. I just don't know where I put the January issue though.

Xristot

Buttonbasher said:
Jinx? You mean Cing?

Also, how long is the Hotel Dusk Article? As long as the Phoenix Wright feature last issue? Pleeeeeeeese?:D

the article is 5 pages, but only three of those have text.

Xristot said:
Too bad they say they don't know if earthbound will be released on the VC.
WTF is wrong with Nintendo?!? Seriously!

No release of Earthbound 1+2 for GBA in North America
No release of Earthbound 3 for GBA in North America

And now this - uncertainty over a VC release for an Earthbound game that has already seen release in North America?!?

Would it cost NOA money or something to release it for VC?!? I think not.

Stop diggin' Earthbounds grave in NA NOA - jesus.

Don't make me keep my SNES hooked up just so that I can play Earthbound. Oh, and release Earthbound 3 dammit!

SumGamer

EphemeralDream said:
There's too many good games coming out in January :(
Many said the same thing about Deceomber in November.

I need to find Hotel Dusk article somewhere. Got no NP in NZ.

Xristot

OK, since hotel dusk seems pretty popular here, I'll list some interesting tidbits from the article.

-Dialog in this game is probably one of the most important aspects
-Each time you respond to someone you are given many choices on the dialog tree.
-You can be rude, nice, call someone on a lie, chitchat, threaten people, back off, noisy, non intrusive and many others. and example is the opening dialog in the hotel that can go at least "10 different ways."
-Its very much a noir style game but its set in the 70s so it's a little more modern.
-thats about it. The info comes from the localization team.

Xristot said:
OK, since hotel dusk seems pretty popular here, I'll list some interesting tidbits from the article.

-Dialog in this game is probably one of the most important aspects
-Each time you respond to someone you are given many choices on the dialog tree.
-You can be rude, nice, call someone on a lie, chitchat, threaten people, back off, noisy, non intrusive and many others. and example is the opening dialog in the hotel that can go at least "10 different ways."
-Its very much a noir style game but its set in the 70s so it's a little more modern.
-thats about it. The info comes from the localization team.
Are the screenshots good? Graphics? Do they mention Music?
And just for lafs:
TraceBeast.jpg

Trace Memory isn't that short :D :D :D

Xristot

Buttonbasher said:
Are the screenshots good? Graphics? Do they mention Music?
And just for lafs:
TraceBeast.jpg

Trace Memory isn't that short :D :D :D

It's mostly an article on story with a little bit a gameplay talk. The screenshots look great. The black and white characters over the colored backgrounds look great. They show one screen with 3d and it's looking adequate. I would say a little better than trace memory. Other than that, they just say that theres a good amount of replayability.

Branduil said:
40 hours?
Hellz yeah! Think I'm hyped for Hotel Dusk, and the Cing Wii project? I call myself the #1 Cing fanboy. I don't think there's much competition, seeing as they just recently got a Wiki.

Phoenix Wright and Trace were all I played for the longest time.

:lol

Xristot

Buttonbasher said:
Hellz yeah! Think I'm hyped for Hotel Dusk, and the Cing Wii project? I call myself the #1 Cing fanboy. I don't think there's much competition, seeing as they just recently got a Wiki.

Phoenix Wright and Trace were all I played for the longest time.

:lol

yeah 40 hours is pretty crazy. Trace memory took me 10 hours. How many times did you replay it?

Xristot said:
yeah 40 hours is pretty crazy. Trace memory took me 10 hours. How many times did you replay it?
I've lost track, but when you know exactly what you're doing, and where you're going, things get easier. Also, a lot of people noticed a book in the game called "The Legend of Zelda Chronology", but I haven't heard of anyone else that found the book "Path of Radiance".

It's one of few games that I could draw a map of the entire game by memory.

Hm, That's kinda weird...

Top Bottom