• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kettle Brand Chips celebrates 30th anniversary by bringing back 4 retired flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Kettle Brand brings back Jalapeno Jack, Cheddar Beer, Red Chili, Salsa with Mesquite

Kettle Brand Chips is heading over the hill with its 30th Birthday this year — although we hear 30 is the new 14. But the good news is that because every food brand likes to get excited with every anniversary, Kettle is bringing back 4 of the retired, yet ‘classic’ flavors including Jalapeno Jack, Cheddar Beer, Salsa with Mesquite and Red Chili.

Jalapeno Jack (the office favorite) originally debuted in 1989 and adds a creamy taste to the peppery crunch. Cheddar Beer, the most recently retired of the 4 flavors, was a fan-favorite in 2005 and combines sharp cheddar with malty beer tones.

Salsa Mesquite first launched in 1999 and includes a tomato, bell pepper, onion and garlic blend. And in my opinion is one of the first salsa-flavored chips that was actually worth eating. Red Chili was introduced in 1982 and apparently a Kettle Brand employee has campaigned for its return since its retired 23 years ago. Congratulations Jimmy, you got your chips back. Stock up while you can. The Red Chili combines the taste of a Lays Ketchup Chip and a salt n’ vinegar chip with a hint of spice.

The chips are currently available in 5 oz. bags at BuyKettleChips.com, and will be available in both the 5 oz. and 8.5 oz. bags in grocery and food stores nationwide by this fall. The 5 oz. bags should cost you a cool $2.79, 8.5 oz. around $3.49. These four flavors are labeled with ‘limited batch’ and will disappear by next summer.

QLSVq.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Doritos would bring back Jumpin' Jack for an anniversary. That's something I could get behind.

Mordeccai

Oh my god. I must have those beer and cheddar chips. And the jalepeno ones.

I must know the exact date these will be in stock!

Satyamdas

Banned
Gonna try all of these since I've never had them and they all sound good.

My most wanted limited time flavor snack resurrection remains Wasabi Funyuns:

funyuns_wasabi-777111.jpg

Collete

Their sea salt/vinegar is a gift from the gods.

Nailed it.

Surprised they retired Jalapeno Jack, I would imagine it would be popular. Seems like a popular flavor with other kettle style chips. I'll grab a bag of the Jalapeno Jack...and of course a bag of vinegar/sea salt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom