• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy and Nintendo offering 20% off on eShop cards again, Dec. 22-28th

Tripon

Got this in a Nintendo email today. Searched, didn't see a new thread. Locked if old.

eLgyw59.png

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/s...rid=AAPqyY&om_mid=_BSsgJFB83PLsnS&EID=EM10304

Deal isn't active now(12/18/2013), so you'll have to wait until Dec. 22th.

Reminder:
$20 card, pay $16
$35 card, pay $28
$50 card, pay $40

The good thing is that Best Buy doesn't charge tax online, and I live in CA.

Edit: Deal is live.

Sweet. Last time I really only had the cash to swing for the buy one get one 40% off deal.

This week I can easily grab a $50 card. Thanks for the heads up.

lt519

Bought 4 $50 last time :0 But bought steam world dig and nes remix, may need to re-up again. They were meant for retail releases :/

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
the last round of SEGA 3D Classics drops tomorrow, and they're both killer. if you need something to spend points on.

Nice, barely got a $20 card last time. Hopefully I'll have money to get a $50 and stock up on the sega games and have some left over for later.

Huh, did not know that. But I'm pretty sure I didnt get charged for my wii u pro controller a while back.

Gifts cards are not charged tax whether you buy then online or in retail (although some states have tried/are trying to tax them). You are just buying a cash equivalent - tax gets charged when you use the card to buy a physical good.

Online purchases of goods get sale tax applied depending on the state, AFAIK.

The only bad thing is that you will always forever have the tiniest amounts of cents left in your wallet fund with no way to get rid of them.

I enjoy increments ending in clean 0s.

Did this last week, still have 185$ on my account. Im planning on getting some of the sega 3d classics tomorrow. Maybe mario 3d world? I love that now account balance is shared on 3ds and wii u.

mstevens

The only bad thing is that you will always forever have the tiniest amounts of cents left in your wallet fund with no way to get rid of them.

Once you get down to .40 or whatever, and you want to buy an NES game or something, just choose the option to "pay the rest with credit card".

You can just buy something and add the remaining funds with credit card. Wallet balance back to zero!

edit: beaten

G0523

Oh good. I was wondering if/when this was going to happen again seeing that I didn't have enough money for this last week. I definitely will this time. :) Thanks OP!

Best thing you can do is price match it at Target and pay with your Target card for another 5% off on top. Worth stocking up.

Last time I bought 2 $50 gift cards for $76 total. An additional $4 saved via using the target visa and price matching. All in all it's 24% off.

That means when you buy NES Remix you're only really paying $11.40.

Best thing you can do is price match it at Target and pay with your Target card for another 5% off on top. Worth stocking up.

Last time I bought 2 $50 gift cards for $76 total. An additional $4 saved via using the target visa and price matching. All in all it's 24% off.

Target got hacked tho

finalflame

Gold Member
Perfect for new unified eShop balances and WiiU Digital Deluxe promo. Gonna scrape up some money and get a few of these.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We need these promotions in Europe too, come on Nintendo.

Would probably buy cards worth 200 Euro/US Dollar.

good deal but i have a $50 card unused still. other than super smash bros., are there any great 3DS games coming in 2014?

nice. great idea!

pcostabel

Gold Member
1. Puppeteer; This platformer outnintendoes Nintendo: Awesome graphics bring the puppet theater world to life. The game is full of memorable characters and witty dialogs and narration. Gameplay is challenging and inventive, the scissors mechanic is brilliant and satisfying. Best game I've played this year all around.

2. Ni No Kuni; Level 5 and Miyazaki are a match made in heaven. This charming game demonstrates how JRPG should be done. The world of Ni No Kuni is filled with places to explore, characters to meet, evil to fight and treasures to discover. Drippy is a fantastic sidekick, whose idiomatic expressions made me laugh out loud several times. The game has always something new to offer, whether it is a new combat mechanic or a new area to explore, you never get tired of it.

3. The Last of Us; Naughty Dogs have probably reached the apex of what can be done with narrative in a traditional game. I was so engrossed by the story that I wish I could have skipped the gameplay parts, despite them being very enjoyable. Too bad they had to put zombies in this one, I would love to see Naughty Dog to tackle a non-genre story for once.

4. Beyond: Two Souls; While I enjoyed Quantic Dream's previous efforts more, Beyond: Two Souls must be commended for putting more emphasis on story, acting and character development than any other AAA games. Visually stunning, the games holds up despite the somewhat predictable story and at time cheesy dialogs because of the type of emotional empathy that only interactivity can achieve: helping Jodie to prepare dinner or to beg for food creates a stronger bond between her and the player than a movie ever could.

5. Kentucky Route Zero; This game oozes style. Its minimalistic approach to storytelling, visuals and gameplay works amazingly well to create an atmosphere of mystery and puzzlement. Brilliant touches like the office full of bears show how the game doesn't take itself too seriously, yet it creates a powerful experience that very few adventure games can match.

6. Rayman Legends; Simply gorgeous to look at and to play, Rayman Legends may not be the most innovative platformer out there but it is certainly the most beautiful and fun. Makes me wish for a new Rayman 3D.

7. Guacamelee; This surprising 2D game borrows from Mexican floklore to put you in the role of a luchador who must save his beloved from a demonic villain. The art style is unique with its angular designs and central america themes, the gameplay is very challenging but never frustrating, mixing jumping and fighting with puzzle solving.

8. Tearaway;

9. Remember Me; This highly underrated title is filled with unconventional choices. From the main character, a black girl named Nilin, to the settings, a futuristic Paris ruled by an oppressive corporation that has set in place a surveillance state. The combat system is quite unusual and a bit clunky but ultimately fun. The story is surprisingly good and the memory hacking mechanics are very original if not fully realized. This game absolutely deserves a sequel to iron out the kinks.

10. Tomb Raider;

Tripon

1. Puppeteer; This platformer outnintendoes Nintendo: Awesome graphics bring the puppet theater world to life. The game is full of memorable characters and witty dialogs and narration. Gameplay is challenging and inventive, the scissors mechanic is brilliant and satisfying. Best game I've played this year all around.

2. Ni No Kuni; Level 5 and Miyazaki are a match made in heaven. This charming game demonstrates how JRPG should be done. The world of Ni No Kuni is filled with places to explore, characters to meet, evil to fight and treasures to discover. Drippy is a fantastic sidekick, whose idiomatic expressions made me laugh out loud several times. The game has always something new to offer, whether it is a new combat mechanic or a new area to explore, you never get tired of it.

3. The Last of Us; Naughty Dogs have probably reached the apex of what can be done with narrative in a traditional game. I was so engrossed by the story that I wish I could have skipped the gameplay parts, despite them being very enjoyable. Too bad they had to put zombies in this one, I would love to see Naughty Dog to tackle a non-genre story for once.

4. Beyond: Two Souls; While I enjoyed Quantic Dream's previous efforts more, Beyond: Two Souls must be commended for putting more emphasis on story, acting and character development than any other AAA games. Visually stunning, the games holds up despite the somewhat predictable story and at time cheesy dialogs because of the type of emotional empathy that only interactivity can achieve: helping Jodie to prepare dinner or to beg for food creates a stronger bond between her and the player than a movie ever could.

5. Kentucky Route Zero; This game oozes style. Its minimalistic approach to storytelling, visuals and gameplay works amazingly well to create an atmosphere of mystery and puzzlement. Brilliant touches like the office full of bears show how the game doesn't take itself too seriously, yet it creates a powerful experience that very few adventure games can match.

6. Rayman Legends; Simply gorgeous to look at and to play, Rayman Legends may not be the most innovative platformer out there but it is certainly the most beautiful and fun. Makes me wish for a new Rayman 3D.

7. Guacamelee; This surprising 2D game borrows from Mexican floklore to put you in the role of a luchador who must save his beloved from a demonic villain. The art style is unique with its angular designs and central america themes, the gameplay is very challenging but never frustrating, mixing jumping and fighting with puzzle solving.

8. Tearaway;

9. Remember Me; This highly underrated title is filled with unconventional choices. From the main character, a black girl named Nilin, to the settings, a futuristic Paris ruled by an oppressive corporation that has set in place a surveillance state. The combat system is quite unusual and a bit clunky but ultimately fun. The story is surprisingly good and the memory hacking mechanics are very original if not fully realized. This game absolutely deserves a sequel to iron out the kinks.

10. Tomb Raider;
Huh, what?

Tripon

So Target is offering 10% off of everything in store this weekend 21st and 22nd because of their whole credit card fiasco.

So if you can get Target to price match Best Buy's offer on these pre paid eShop cards, you can get another 10% off,15% if you use the target card which is around $68 dollars if you buy $100 worth of eShop cards.

Something to think about.

Lkr

So Target is offering 10% off of everything in store this weekend 21st and 22nd because of their whole credit card fiasco.

So if you can get Target to price match Best Buy's offer on these pre paid eShop cards, you can get another 15% off, which is around $68 dollars if you buy $100 worth of eShop cards, if you use or sign up for Target's credit card which gets you $5 off.

you think they'll give the 10% on top of what best buy is offering? sounds interesting.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

So if you can get Target to price match Best Buy's offer on these pre paid eShop cards, you can get another 10% off,15% if you use the target card which is around $68 dollars if you buy $100 worth of eShop cards.

Hmm, this combined with my 30% off coupon and I could have a ball.

8. Tearaway;

10. Tomb Raider;

I'll keep that in mind when I buy the cards

GGF

Neo Member

That 10% off excludes gift/prepaid cards, though. It's a shame, that'd be quite a deal.

Tripon

Flandy

http://www.target.com/HelpContent?h...ons/promotions.html&ref=sr_shorturl_10percent

"Excludes all gift cards, entertainment cards, airtime cards, prepaid cards, iTunes cards, Apple, Bose, all video games, Playstation 4 consoles, Xbox One consoles, Target Mobile(SM), prescriptions, optical, clinic, and alcohol purchases. Offer cannot be combined with other storewide or category/department coupons."

Excludes all Video Games too? Why not just exclude Books and DVD/Blu-Ray while you're at it too?

Jhoan

With the eShop having solid sales lately, I'll definitely grab a $35 or $50 card. Was going to grab one during the last sale, but decided to pass on it to be frugal.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

GGF

Neo Member
It doesn't say anything about Nintendo consoles, though, so you could have a cool fifteen bucks of so off a 3DS I guess.

Top Bottom