• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lebron not on short list for NBA MVP

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
It'a a regular season award OP.

Yrup. And last I checked they only won 51 games with by far the best roster in the junior varsity conference. His stats were great but so were those of the three finalists. None can sniff Curry from last year though.

He's the best player in the league, But he knows that the regular season is meaningless. He could win MVP if he wants to. He's interested in rings.

phanphare

Banned
there's nothing wrong with this. harden, russ, and kawhi were better choices for mvp this season. I'd put IT over Lebron too. it's just a regular season award, nothing to get up in arms over. he's still the best player in the league. that's not an automatic mvp though.

By definition it's the best player.

no it's not

Zukkoyaki

Slightly off-topic but Zach Randolph should have been on the short list for 6th man of the year. Averaged a near double-double off the bench and won a lot of games for the Grizz.

As for the main topic, eh, what can you do? Lebron won his awards and it's not like those other guys don't deserve it.

ianpm31

Slightly off-topic but Zach Randolph should have been on the short list for 6th man of the year. Averaged a near double-double off the bench and won a lot of games for the Grizz.

As for the main topic, eh, what can you do? Lebron won his awards and it's not like those other guys don't deserve it.

Tell me about it. Makes no sense

He'll win Finals MVP if he deserves the recognition, don't worry.
Well, if he's on the winning team.

He was 4th in voting. That seems about right for the effort he puts into the regular season and the historical performances by Westbrook and Harden. Plus Kawhi is up for DPOY and is an incredibly efficient scorer.

Meh, he's had his time.

This isn't as embarrassing as the year they gave it to that bum Derrick Rose because they were tired of LeBron winning every year.

JavyOO7

I think Westbrook wins it because the people voting like the idea behind his triple double average for the year.

Lebron deserves the MVP most years because without him, his team becomes well... not that good of a well oiled machine...

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
This is what usually happens. You have to accomidate guys that are having career years and getting to Lebron's echelon. Otherwise he would have won every year. Even through Kobe's championship years.

Same reason Barkley and Malone won during Jordan's time.

I think Westbrook wins it because the people voting like the idea behind his triple double average for the year.

Lebron deserves the MVP most years because without him, his team becomes well... not that good of a well oiled machine...
You are probably right even tho I think Westbrook was clearly padding his stats.

ianpm31

Jordan all day, Bron has been playing in a joke league for 10 years.

Jordan easily.

Hand-check vs ticky tack

Half-court offense (less possessions to score, defense is set) vs free-style uptempo (more possessions, less chances for the defense to be set)

If Jordan played in today's league, this man would be at the free-throw line all-day long. As I mentioned above, Jordan averaged a career 30ppg in a hand-check/ half-court league.

Trey

He'd win it damn near every year if it was legit. It's more for the breakout star award than a true MVP

LeBron coasts all season and puts up MVP caliber stats. But it's not an award about potential, it's an award for results, and Harden and Westbrook both had superior regular seasons.

Lebron is an example of being too good for his own good. Not trying to make a hot-take, but I don't forsee him being the front runner for the MVP award anymore. Fair or not, the media has already come to expect Lebron's great seasons as being the norm, and since he now coasts more through regularly season, his feats are going to get overshadowed by players who are having amazing season (see Curry last season, and Westbrook and Harden this season.)

theWB27

Jordan easily.

Hand-check vs ticky tack

Half-court offense (less possessions to score, defense is set) vs free-style uptempo (more possessions, less chances for the defense to be set)

If Jordan played in today's league, this man would be at the free-throw line all-day long. As I mentioned above, Jordan averaged a career 30ppg in a hand-check/ half-court league.

And lebron would've wrecked Jordan's nba.

jwhit28

I knew he would get punished for treating the regular season like an 82 game pre-season but I didn't think it would be this much. I'm sure you will hear a lot of "well Jordan gave his all for 82 games...".

Apath

It is not just voter fatigue. You have multiple people doing amazing things this year, last year, and the year before.

Undefined

He was kinda coasting in the regular season, even though he was still great.
He will probably coast even more in the coming years, but then explode in the playoffs like he is right now.

Top Bottom