• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Some Nintendoland Zelda shots - still think this game was underrated visually:

cHdjezx.jpg

pVwWhYH.jpg

okSDgN4.jpg

dearodie

Played some W101 this week-end ... good times.

Gearing up for the fight!
i0bpne1A5PjMY.jpg

Laambo riding his Diekuu Ohrowchee
i6ipqzwsIRzC4.jpg

What a crazy fight, and this is only Mission1:
iZEXKS8xGGZEq.jpg

The demo does not do this game justice

chadboban

Yep, and don't think I dislike the ones I don't add -- I'm just trying to strike a certain balance that I think shows off the variety of settings and scenarios in the game, so I pick and choose screens a certain way. And on that note, I'm adding the beautiful Jelly Jamboree shot you took, which will help the level be better represented in my album. Gorgeous shot!

Oh no man, I completely understand. When I look through your album I get exactly what you're going for, I'm just glad you think my screens are good enough to be in there. Every single shot in that album is beautiful. Stellar job. Also looked through your Bioshock Infinite set, amazing stuff man :O

Neiteio

Oh no man, I completely understand. When I look through your album I get exactly what you're going for, I'm just glad you think my screens are good enough to be in there. Every single shot in that album is beautiful. Stellar job. Also looked through your Bioshock Infinite set, amazing stuff man :O
Thanks -- I really appreciate the kind words. :) Yeah, the BioShock Infinite album is all me, from my second playthrough. I was jumping up on railings, tiptoeing along roofs and crouching under scenery trying to get the right shots. It's amazing how far you can stand on the edge of most buildings before falling off Columbia! (Here's the link if anyone wants to see it -- four pages in all.)

MYE

...honestly, MGS looks pretty bleh. Art direction seems pretty uninspired too considering MGS, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 had all very distinct looks that would be recognizable with any random screenshot.
This looks like Soldier: The Game, by generic american military shooter studio.

Even Thief looks more interesting.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
13071276223_c7aa7c2de2_o.png

13071490764_5d00f7ef72_o.png

The game looks much better in motion with its buttery smooth framerate. Wish I could post the tons of screenshots I took of the other cutscenes in the main mission, but, you know, spoilers. So here's a shot from NFS:Rivals (PS4) instead.

13071150995_4e7bb2c34e_o.png

lmbotiva

13071276223_c7aa7c2de2_o.png

13071490764_5d00f7ef72_o.png

The game looks much better in motion with its buttery smooth framerate. Wish I could post the tons of screenshots I took of the other cutscenes in the main mission, but, you know, spoilers. So here's a shot from NFS:Rivals (PS4) instead.

13071150995_4e7bb2c34e_o.png
can you put a link to your album with the other screens please, i don't mind spoilers, i just want to see more screenshots!

Based nbnt. You should take shots of different tod's in that lvl.

Edit: So sad Kojima couldn't iron out the absolutely horrible dithering this game has.
Mgs:gz cinematics looks awesome but the gameplay shots does not look as good at all, you can clearly see it's a cross gen game there.
I thought in game was supposed to be 100% identical to cut scenes like The Order no?

There seems to be a very big disparity.
No they should have the same fidelity. Nbnt if you can you should try to get a close up shot of Snake during gameplay.

Gurish

Mgs:gz cinematics looks awesome but the gameplay shots does not look as good at all, you can clearly see it's a cross gen game there.
I thought in game was supposed to be 100% identical to cut scenes like The Order no?

There seems to be a very big disparity.

i-Lo

Aside from BF4, Ryse and infamous SS, MGS GZ is the one game that's getting the "skin" shader looking close to photo realistic. Kojima production's laborious study and emphasis on Lighting is paying off splendidly.

Son Of D

Won't happen because of the sheer amount of pictures posted, but it'll be interesting to see a tally of games with screens once the thread is over. I'll take a safe guess with Killzone at the moment with the most, maybe Wind Waker HD or Mario 3D World as second.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
1617672_1426113597636118_1378553013_o.jpg

10005877_1426113537636124_18766190_o.jpg

1781721_1426112997636178_1185295557_o.jpg

EDIT: Damn, compression really killed the last one. The contrast and colors made it look fantastic on screen and I spent a lot of time lining that one up.

chadboban

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ncu1q.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uwujr.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jrsbs.jpg

Hmmm... these last two shots seem to have something in common, can't quite seem to put my finger on it though.
Aha, I've got it, they're both from the same level! Geez, how could I be so blind?
This level also has some amazing music

nbnt

13076717865_ecdf3c1f0e_o.png

No they should have the same fidelity. Nbnt if you can you should try to get a close up shot of Snake during gameplay.
13077206033_fe52189d56_o.png

Best I could do before he becomes out of focus.
can you put a link to your album with the other screens please, i don't mind spoilers, i just want to see more screenshots!
I'll send you a link. I don't want anyone to click on it by mistake so if someone wants it I'll pm it, be warned that the main mission only has (number of cutscenes):
four cutscenes
so the album is pretty, pretty spoilery :p

13076717865_ecdf3c1f0e_o.png

13077395554_522f091d04_o.png

13077206033_fe52189d56_o.png

Best I could do before he becomes out of focus.

I'll send you a link. I don't want anyone to click on it by mistake so if someone wants it I'll pm it, be warned that the main mission only has (number of cutscenes):
four cutscenes
so the album is pretty, pretty spoilery :p

Thanks for that, looks great and he has the same fidelity as in the cutscenes too.

Edit: Are you enjoying the game so far?

nbnt

Thanks for that, looks great and he has the same fidelity as in the cutscenes too.

Edit: Are you enjoying the game so far?
Don't mention it :D

And I'm LOVING it. Then again, MGS is my favorite franchise, like, ever. :p
But I gotta say I'm a little bit disappointed that the cover system is auto/contextual (TLoU/TR). And the voice acting feels off to me.

Top Bottom