• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 PC performance thread

Salsa

can we do this already? some people on GAF seem to have it and I feel like we need some confirmation on how this performs.

graphic options:

qdtgs.jpg

666666irsbs.png

benchmarks:

PC shots from KyleN (who better get in here and comment on performance):

lets just dump whatever info on PC performance we have here. I need-to-know

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
how can people have this already ? I thought 29th was the earliest

Kurdel

Banned
So I will be getting the GTX 660 ti, how likely is it that there will be Nvidia performance boosting patches for this down the road?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Uh, going by the benchmark, how will I even manage to run this on a Core 2 Duo and a HD5870? ):

Salsa

So I will be getting the GTX 660 ti, how likely is it that there will be Nvidia performance boosting patches for this down the road?

very likely, probably beta drivers

how much of a "boost" though? no idea, possibly not much

Is this a new trend? New great looking games with fucking terrible performance?

games that look great tend to be beefy specs-wise?

not saying this doesnt seem excessive, hence why im asking for some first-hand experience

It could very well be some single setting that kills performance like ubersampling in The Witcher 2 or the DX11 features in Arkham City. I'm curious how it scales.

mr stroke

What the hell, why is it around 30fps on a 680?

My monitor is 2560x1440 and I have a 680, I guess this means I'll get sub 30fps?

Poorly optimized? or Nvidia/AMD need current drivers?

I haven't played the game yet but from screens and videos it doesn't look THAT good.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Is this a new trend? New great looking games with fucking terrible performance?

Isn't new at all. The best PC games---in terms of graphics---generally tax the best hardware available at the time. Which of course is a good thing.

What they also typically do is allow you to turn down/off most of that eyecandy and still run the game on midrange hardware.

What you'll notice about the posted results are that they are with everything maxed out. The real question in my mind is how it runs at reasonable settings, at 1080p.

Salsa

It could very well be some single setting that kills performance like ubersampling in The Witcher 2 or the DX11 features in Arkham City. I'm curious how it scales.

could also run ten times better in DX9 like Arkham City. Id gladly sacrifice those features tbh

Riggs

Banned
I also have a 680 and I am taking this german benchmark with a grain of salt since the day it was posted. It could just be a single setting that is totally messing with the FPS like the previous poster said, so have some hope.

I agree I assume its going to be the incredible draw distance in conjunction with AO. Id love to see the numbers when AO is off to compare.

I also have a 680 and I am taking this german benchmark with a grain of salt since the day it was posted. It could just be a single setting that is totally messing with the FPS like the previous poster said, so have some hope.

It has certainly happened before. I am not ready for this to slay my 670ftw, so it better be false.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There are reports Directx 11 is not selectable in the options menu.

IGN said there will be a day 1 patch for PC.

legacyzero

Banned
So...

i5 3570k
Gigabyte 670
8 GB of mem

I'm not over-clocking anything yet (really because I havn't gotten the balls to figure out how yet)

legacyzero

Banned

If so, I hope its not the AA. I NEEEED AA.

Peterthumpa

Probably the use of an intermediary AO setting should be enough to play this @ 1080p / Post Process AA methods with a GTX 580+ with acceptable framerates.

KyleN

Banned
My specs:
i7 2600k stock cloks
GTX 670
16gb ram.

Max settings, 1920x1080

average FPS 70

I have never seen it go below 55 fps yet.

This is with DX9 tho, so no MSAA etc.

If i downsample from 2560x1440 i get about 45-50 fps avg.

And two more screens:)

Top Bottom