• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

Het_Nkik

Not up on GameStop anymore. Gets removed from cart as you try to go through checkout.

Now to wait for Amazon or Best Buy please.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Told you guys!

Well it's also people at work etc. that had no idea in general on it. Having things get announced diring business hours can be tough. Being on the west coast, I usually get lucky, like today pre-ordering before heading to work.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ooo, pins. I love me some pins.

That box looks pretty as hell, too. Love the game's art style.

Heel

Did the pre-orders for the last Fire Emblem limited edition go up on all the sites on the same day?

giphy.gif

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did the pre-orders for the last Fire Emblem limited edition go up on all the sites on the same day?

giphy.gif

They showed it off on Nintendo Direct in an afternoon, and I remember them going up within a few hours. This one was much quicker between the announcement and orders going up.

Gamestop was excellent in handling the fates SE so I went with them. I'd avoid amazon at all costs if you don't order it within the first 30 seconds.

kswiston

No ones debating whether itll sell out quickly. Just that it wont be nearly as rare as Fates SE.

That one was just rediculously hard to get. I got it though.

I don't think the Fate SE was all that rare. If I remember correctly from the NPD leaks, they ended up printing something like 40k of those. However, a huge chunk of us Fire Emblem fans would have rather purchased the Limited Edition over a conquest or birthright Standard edition and two DLCs which worked out to the same price.

If we get split Fire Emblem editions in the future, they should skip the fancy packaging, and just offer a standard case with an all-in-one cart for the combined price of the other two SKUs. The Pokemon Sun/Moon combo pack was easy enough to find in stores for those who wanted it.

Oxn

I don't think the Fate SE was all that rare. If I remember correctly from the NPD leaks, they ended up printing something like 40k of those. However, a huge chunk of us Fire Emblem fans would have rather purchased the Limited Edition over a conquest or birthright Standard edition and two DLCs which worked out to the same price.

If we get split Fire Emblem editions in the future, they should skip the fancy packaging, and just offer a standard case with an all-in-one cart for the combined price of the other two SKUs for the combined price. The Sun/Moon combo pack was easy enough to find in stores for those who wanted it.

If the 40k is true which i do have my doubts about, its suprising that its selling for over 250 on ebay.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It has happened to a lot of people with Nintendo Limited Editions, especially the last Fire Emblem one, so this is why people are worried.

Yup. I had to buy from a scalper my Master Edition. It sucked.

It surprises me the number of people that are willing to wait on Amazon, due to being lucky a number of times in the past, because they hate GS/boycott it/hate their policies/etc. Not even from a discount standpoint, but a "vote with your wallet" one. I mean, it's just a bigger risk not to even have a backup pre-order, with things like this. Amazon has shown to many that they are not the most steady and reliable service out there. It's a choice, but still a risk.

Ibuki

Banned
Yup. I had to buy from a scalper my Master Edition. It sucked.

It surprises me the number of people that are willing to wait on Amazon, due to being lucky a number of times in the past, because they hate GS/boycott it/hate their policies/etc. Not even from a discount standpoint, but a "vote with your wallet" one. I mean, it's just a bigger risk not to even have a backup pre-order, with things like this. Amazon has shown to many that they are not the most steady and reliable service out there. It's a choice, but still a risk.

I hope people don't actually think 'voting with your wallet' against GameStop on something like this would even matter. It's going to sell out regardless.

I remember Awakening being way underprinted compared to the marketing Nintendo put out.

I only bought it and got into this franchise because it was so scarce.

I remember Awakening being way underprinted compared to the marketing Nintendo put out.

I only bought it and got into this franchise because it was so scarce.

Awakening was a different story. Nobody saw FE becoming a important series.

The series was going to get cancelled for good if Awakening didn't sell 250,000 copies. It ended up just below 2 million

Cleve

Huh, sad I missed out on this. Not as appealing as the fates le having all 3 games on one cart, but i hope it goes up again somewhere.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I hope people don't actually think 'voting with your wallet' against GameStop on something like this would even matter. It's going to sell out regardless.

I mean more in the sense where some will run the risk of it selling out, than even touching GS because they hate it that much. The amount of "I can't wait till GS goes bankrupt it ruined games" has no idea what will happen with less competition, and things on Amazon and Best Buy selling out even faster, or even dropping their discounts, due to less competition.

Going off on a tangent here, but the GS hate can be silly unless you have personally had issues with them a bunch of times before.

LQX

Was tempted to order at Gamestop but fuck them. How a place dedicated to gaming seemingly is always the worst place to buy from is beyond me. Total would have come to over $70 whereas I would be getting 20% off from Amazon or BestBuy in addition to free shipping. These fucks do not even offer free shipping.

kswiston

If the 40k is true which i do have my doubts about, its suprising that its selling for over 250 on ebay.

I dug through the Feb 16 NPD report and found the breakdown in versions. The Special Edition sold 47k.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198107039&postcount=679

Even though that is a decent number of units, there are a ton of Fire Emblem fans now. Fates is well over 500k in the US, and maybe closer to 1M by now. That special edition was one of the better deals in gaming if you were the type of fan who was going to play all three paths.

EDIT: As for $250 on EBAY, that might be combination of whale fishing for crazy Nintendo collectors, and the fact that a lot of those special editions went to people with no intention of selling them.

Top Bottom