• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Says The Last Guardian Calls Made in Error

WTF my friend just received a call from gamestop saying his The Last Guardian preorder has been cancelled because the game has been cancelled!!!! WTFF did anyone else get the call from them?

Came here to post this. Got the call 10 minutes ago. Fuck.
I texted a friend of mine that has the game pre-ordered at Gamestop and he said he received an automated message telling him that they have cancelled the game as well.

Update:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1215394p1.html

WTF my friend just received a call from gamestop saying his The Last Guardian preorder has been cancelled because the game has been cancelled!!!! WTFF did anyone else get the call from them?
ignorant ass mother fuckers

unless true, in which case APOCOLYPSEEe

edit: it's also not on the canadian gamestop site

: ( I didn't assume Trico would die until the end of the game.
Also, how many years in Production? It's a hell of a thing if they don't even have the game in a state they could finish.

Oh god the fanboy tears will be like a river.

This has got to be one of the biggest bits of vaporware cancellation in a long, long time.

Eusis

Retail is the last place I'd trust to break this news.
It may be a SIGN nevertheless, IE platform shift (It's taking too long! Make it a PS4 title instead!) or something. Of course, GameStop could just want to avoid another Duke Nukem Forever scenario of pre-orders being in the system for forever, so maybe thy're flipping out over this news and canning to be safe.

Of course FFversusXIII is probably more worthy of that reaction anyway.

Xater

Wow that would be awful but not that surprising I guess? They really had not much to show so far and with Ueda leaving I guess Sony had enough of it.

daebo

While I am hoping it's not true. It does seem weird that Gamestop wouldn't want to take your pre-order money any chance they get.

I was thinking the same thing... There must be some truth because why wouldn't gamestop want to continue to take preorder money...

I'm almost upset... but, it's been so long... I'm not even aware it exists unless rumors pop up about jobs or somebody makes a thread. Off my radar completely. It did look good tho...

Top Bottom