• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess What Works With Garry's Mod? TEAM FORTRESS 2! (pics)

EngineeringaPortal-1.png

?

FoxSpirit

Lyon said:
Am I the only one wasting my life in this thread?!

No, but we are only wasting our lifes while you are the productive one. And most of us only gawk at your pictures in awe, constantly hitting the reload button and praying that you will deliver unto us more of your awesome goodness. :D

FoxSpirit said:
No, but we are only wasting our lifes while you are the productive one. And most of us only gawk at your pictures in awe, constantly hitting the reload button and praying that you will deliver unto us more of your awesome goodness. :D

Exactly what he said.

calder

Did anyone else see the TF guys in Ravenholm/HL2 settings with the zombies and instantly think about how fun (and easy) it would be to just cruise through HL2 with a half dozen TF teammates?

God I'm a dork.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol :lol :lol
8af2s7m.jpg

Dolphin

Banned
Seeing the TF2/HL2 screens in this thread really makes me want a TF2 cooperative game. Like Left 4 Dead but in the TF2 universe.

Concept17

Dolphin said:
Seeing the TF2/HL2 screens in this thread really makes me want a TF2 cooperative game. Like Left 4 Dead but in the TF2 universe.

Interesting idea. Almost like HL/CS only backwards. Sorta.

Lyon

SenseiJinx said:
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll255/slancko/d2_coast_110003.jpg
Nice :)

SenseiJinx said:
I couldn't find out whether it was possible to have an effect showing the medigun's healing ray. There's probably some add on somewhere that would enable it, but I didn't find anything after a bit of casual searching.
As far as I know there is no way of actually pulling this off yet. Whenever I want a medic beam I have to stage the shot so the medic is behind whoever is being ubered, or photoshop it.

I wish I had caught this bump last month. Anyway, another small bump.

I never finished the teams holiday in City 17, but I did do a few more I thought some of you may want to see.

tf09-thumb.jpg

http://stephenlyon.co.uk/gmod/tf09.jpg

tf11-small.jpg

http://stephenlyon.co.uk/gmod/tf11.jpg

tf12-small.jpg

http://stephenlyon.co.uk/gmod/tf12.jpg

tf13-small.jpg

http://stephenlyon.co.uk/gmod/tf13.jpg

A few random images from my collection:

chill.jpg

engrevenge.jpg

lumber2.jpg

lumber1.jpg

I guess this is a kind of comic, I just couldn't be bothered to make it look like one.
War's over boys:
warsover.jpg

Sciz

Lyon said:
I wish I had caught this bump last month. Anyway, another small bump.

I never finished the teams holiday in City 17, but I did do a few more I thought some of you may want to see.
These are incredible. Never stop. Please. :(

calder said:
Did anyone else see the TF guys in Ravenholm/HL2 settings with the zombies and instantly think about how fun (and easy) it would be to just cruise through HL2 with a half dozen TF teammates?

God I'm a dork.

I'm with ya man
TF2 characters in HL2 levels would be pretty fucking awesome especially with co-op
somebody make this now!

Magique

SenseiJinx, wow. That's awesome :)

But the really talanted person here is Lyon. Your shots are really good. Please realise this and never stop.

Some of my creations:

j0fr50.jpg

10p1w1c.jpg

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
thread = win. made me change my wallpaper and everything.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Lyon, awesome job man, made my day. :lol :lol :lol

The "head" crabs one really got me good.

Lyon

Thanks boys, really do appreciate it.

I mean to continue the City 17 series, but for now stuff like this will have to do:

badlands.jpg

cat.jpg

lumber3.jpg

intel.jpg

Lyon

SenseiJinx said:
When you get enough of the City 17 series, you really need to organize them into their linear journey throughout HL2 or something.

Or better yet, start a blog for these.

I've thought about this before, I even mocked up the site design when I was ill and off work. Maybe if I can finish off the series (or get a decent amount done).
SenseiJinx said:
Also...can I ask how you pose faces? Something seems seriously broken
Yeah there is a retardo slider that destroys TF2 faces, looks like you found it though.

SenseiJinx said:
Great stuff :D

Can you feel your posing improving? As long as your having fun with it (and you seem to be having fun) it gets quite workable pretty fast.

The TF2 characters are quite hard to pose, some more than other. The medic has very stubborn limbs for example. If you ever need to move a limb where it doesn't want to go, easy weld a small item (like a grenade) to the limb and twist that around instead of the character. This way you can get some otherwise impossible shots. Just remember to paint the nade invisible before taking the pic!

I'll post some moar soon.

ip916a4bb

Well I own TF2 and my friend gave me his steam account so now I have GMOD on that one..There is no way for me to import the models? It's really frustrating.

Lyon

Love this shot man.

I did something similar a few months ago, I was just messing around on a server and couldn't really be bothered to make anything of it.

Few more (I'm feeding you these on a drip)
bombride.jpg

rocketjump.jpg

Can't think of the shot you mean.

ip916a4bb said:
Well I own TF2 and my friend gave me his steam account so now I have GMOD on that one..There is no way for me to import the models? It's really frustrating.
Hmm, perhaps if you could locate the TF2 models you could import them into garrys mod (just drag them into their respective gmod folders). They wouldn't have spawn icons, you would have to find them in the browse tab. Don't get your hopes up though, I'm just guessing, probably wont work. You could always buy gmod again, what is it, like a fiver now?

Illuminati said:
Holy crap Lyon, awesome. Those are some of the best G-mod pics I have seen yet.
Thank you! And everyone else.

Gmod is just shit loads of fun.

Top Bottom