• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie's thoughtful response to the Charlottsvile protests

Status
Not open for further replies.
QPIeJAU.jpg

https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/896416487740755968

This man is the face of youtube. He is also one of the biggest names in gaming enthusiast culture.

wtf

WonderzL

Banned
Trash continues to be trash.

I hope you are all seeing how all of this connects.

Toxic gaming culture leads to situations like this. That is why we criticize so much

Probably referring to the articles from earlier this year and other people calling him a Nazi. I don't think he's making a joke at his own expense.

I'm just explaining it, though. Still think it's an extremely shitty thing to say.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
It's honestly terrifying to think that guys like this are basically children's entertainers.

pewdiepie is a fucking moron and it's better that we just don't give him attention

it's right to point at racism and bigotry, but we don't need to help promote someone's platform of opportunistic edginess

I'm all for some dark humor and laughter in general to help us get past difficult times and help us get back to normal. That joke coming from pewdiepie doesn't work because he's someone who'd likely attend one of those railies :|

TsuWave

what an idiot.

i also don't like the use of "protest" to whatever it is these dickheads are doing, i don't know, i feel like it gives them some sort of legitimacy, i mean what are they "protesting"?

David___

Banned
Ah, what's the correlation with the photo? Wasn't there a car involved?

Those are Nazis in the photo while PDP was called a Nazi earlier in the year when he decided that putting up a video with "Death to Jews" or something was a good idea and funny

He is clearly making reference to the accusations he is a Nazi, which he finds ridiculous.

The tweet is before the attack happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom