• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance vs HALO 3 (comparison inside)

rafman400

JdFoX187 said:
So far:

Gameplay:

Halo 3 > Gears > Resistance

Online:

Halo 3 = Resistance >> Gears
ya, epic really didn't polish the gears online mp.
too many problems with it when compared to most mp games.

Tieno

rafman400 said:
ya, epic really didn't polish the gears online mp.
too many problems with it when compared to most mp games.
Which is a shame, because the core gameplay is amazing which makes me forgive them somewhat. Epic was surprised by the positive reaction to the MP at E3 so they threw some more polish on it, but it wasn't planned initially and that still shows

Versatil

JB1981 said:
Bouc is notorious for comparison shots. It's not intended to start a flame war. He's just having a little fun. It's pretty sad that these games can't be compared because they're on opposing platforms. So much insecurity around here.
Yeah and no. He always says that but i know he has a big fanboy spirit bigger than his objectivity side :D .

JdFoX187

Banned
Tieno said:
Which is a shame, because the core gameplay is amazing which makes me forgive them somewhat. Epic was surprised by the positive reaction to the MP at E3 so they threw some more polish on it, but it wasn't planned initially and that still shows
Add client side hit detection and take off shotguns as starting weapons and the game would be so much better.

Tieno

JdFoX187 said:
Add client side hit detection and take off shotguns as starting weapons and the game would be so much better.
What's the advantage of client-side hit detection? What does that mean to the game over what it's now?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Since when was it okay to judge a game entirely by its graphics? I can understand criticizing a game's graphics because of screenshots (barely) but how is the gameplay in an MP beta representative of the finished product?

Also, Unreal 2k4 is still the undisputed king of sci-fi multiplayer FPS games. It is really the battle for second place. :D

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
TheKurgan said:
In the end the only comparison that will matter is Sales.

Halo3>Gears>Resistance.
You're looking at 3 great games...and all you can think about are the sales numbers?

:lol

JdFoX187

Banned
Tieno said:
What's the advantage of client-side hit detection? What does that mean to the game over what it's now?
Meaning when you shoot a guy on your screen, you hit him. The problem with the game right now is if you shoot a guy, especially the host, there's sometimes a delay on your screen compared to the host. While he may be right in front of you and you're pounding him with a lancer; on his screen, he's already circling around you for a kill.

rafman400

JdFoX187 said:
Meaning when you shoot a guy on your screen, you hit him. The problem with the game right now is if you shoot a guy, especially the host, there's sometimes a delay on your screen compared to the host. While he may be right in front of you and you're pounding him with a lancer; on his screen, he's already circling around you for a kill.
Another thing is that there is no mode where you can go into a ranked match with your friends. That really annoys me when we all have to search desperately for a game we can all find.

JdFoX187

Banned
rafman400 said:
Another thing is that there is no mode where you can go into a ranked match with your friends. That really annoys me when we all have to search desperately for a game we can all find.
I think that was a miscommunication between Microsoft and Epic.

TheKurgan

RubxQub said:
You're looking at 3 great games...and all you can think about are the sales numbers?

:lol

Sales is the only comparison that isn't personal opinion but collective opinion. Gameplay, graphics and online boil down to personal preference and are all open to debate.

tha_con said:
Show me a beta that made any improvement visually at it's final release, and I'll show you that it's the 1st of it's kind.

Halo 3 will look just like the Beta once it releases.

QFT. The exact question I was going to pose. If those aren't the final graphics then you better be prepared for a long delay.

bengraven

Vyse The Legend said:
Yes, let's compare a finished game to a beta with incomplete graphics. Excellent!

This is EXACTLY what I came here to post. I can't change a single word---

Except replace "Excellent!" with "Douche..."

Chittagong

Gold Member
big1.jpg
52380x.jpg

TheKurgan said:
Sales is the only comparison that isn't personal opinion but collective opinion. Gameplay, graphics and online boil down to personal preference and are all open to debate.

So for you sales determine how good a game is? In that case the Cars game was GOTY last year.

Mojovonio

Banned
frankthurk said:
Stirring is not helping mojo. Stirring is not helping.

Put it this way, anyone taking my post seriously and responds as such, should be ousted and laughed at.

I'm just helping with the weeding here, that's all.

Mojovonio said:
Put it this way, anyone taking my post seriously and responds as such, should be ousted and laughed at.

I'm just helping with the weeding here, that's all.

Interesting... I feel like there's some well used term for someone who pulls this kinda shit...

someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding

hmmm what was that.

Resistance did a great job of creating this lived in, war torn, dirty world. As of right now, Halo 3 looks so clean, like the world is brand new and nobody has ever been there.

Plus, there looks to be so much more going on in the Resistance photos, however, those are single player images.

I love the Halo 3 color pallette. It is nice to see some greens, blues, and reds that Resistance lacks.

I can tell you one thing, Resistance stands up to Halo 3 very well, and at this point, obviously looks better. But, Halo 3 still has about 6 months to go!

I'd like to say that if for no other reason, I'd give the Bungie guys some credit for sticking to the wide open and natural environments. Granted it's part of the Halo direction and as such a natural step, but with seemingly every damned game focusing on urban environments, it was real nice to boot up Valhalla.

Not that it has anything to do with this discussion at hand, but then the discussion at hand is kind of lame. Warhawk beta launches tomorrow, now that should make for an interesting base for comparison.

GhaleonEB

3rdamention said:
Resistance did a great job of creating this lived in, war torn, dirty world. As of right now, Halo 3 looks so clean, like the world is brand new and nobody has ever been there.
I refuse to entertain this debate, but I something does need to be pointed out here. Read the fiction on bungie.net regarding the maps. Two of the maps - Snowbound and Valhalla - appear that way because they are not previous battle fields, they are the arctic and the middle of the wildernes.

High Ground is a military base that's had the crap kicked out of it. It's not "clean" by any stretch - there's rubble, dirt, aging, debris and destructable objects all over.

dsc08578by0.jpg

GhaleonEB said:
I refuse to entertain this debate, but I something does need to be pointed out here. Read the fiction on bungie.net regarding the maps. Two of the maps - Snowbound and Valhalla - appear that way because they are not previous battle fields, they are the arctic and the middle of the wildernes.

High Ground is a military base that's had the crap kicked out of it. It's not "clean" by any stretch - there's rubble, dirt, aging, debris and destructable objects all over.

Compared to some maps in Resistance, it's pretty damned clean. Not that there is anything wrong with that, damn it.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
GhaleonEB said:

I respect you a lot, but why do you even bother? Just by reading his post you can tell he hasnt played the map himself.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Compared to some maps in Resistance, it's pretty damned clean. Not that there is anything wrong with that, damn it.
:'(

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:
I respect you a lot, but why do you even bother? Just by reading his post you can tell he hasnt played the map himself.

:'(
Good question. Part of me just laughs at the thread, and part of me is pulling my hair out at all the factual inaccuracies. You can debate visual fidelity all day, and I don't think it's useful, but stuff like calling High Ground "clean" just pushes my buttons. The one that makes me press the "Post Reply" button. :lol

Top Bottom