• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Meier

I mentioned it in the other thread, but YES, it does do a server-side save every 4 hours. If you've played on the iPhone or iPad only and switch to the other, it will prompt you to load your other game. From my experience (and based on what they said to me on Twitter), this is a one time prompt. After that, you need to delete the app and re-install and then be prompted again.

I did an IAP (my first ever) of 10 bux for 99 cents.. they've definitely earned at least a buck out of me.

It cost me a bunch since I'd moved the housing down to the bottom but I reversed course and moved all housing to the top and all shops below. Makes it easier to keep them all stocked and makes more sense as it's pretty common for a condo building or something to be mixed use with the housing at the top.

Jasoco

Banned
Meier said:
I mentioned it in the other thread, but YES, it does do a server-side save every 4 hours. If you've played on the iPhone or iPad only and switch to the other, it will prompt you to load your other game. From my experience (and based on what they said to me on Twitter), this is a one time prompt. After that, you need to delete the app and re-install and then be prompted again.
Doesn't really make sense to do it that way though. It assumes you're going to only use one device and may decide to switch to another only once.

Meier

Jasoco said:
Doesn't really make sense to do it that way though. It assumes you're going to only use one device and may decide to switch to another only once.
Whether or not it makes sense, that's what I encountered. When I went back to my game on the other device, it was still at the 4th floor (where I had imported it) so I asked them on Twitter and they instructed me to re-install and that fixed it.

Also of note, they indicated that if you load a game that's further back on the other device, it will not overwrite the save on the server. It only keeps your highest level save.

Meier

Ricardo Hall
Someone stole my rug! It really tied the room together. :(
7 minutes ago
4 Bitizens Like this.

Poor Dude. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Whoever suggested color coding the bitizens to make the finding the bitizing minigame easier...thanks. Having 50+ bitizens can make it tough to spot them, just spent bucks ordering my stores by kind and then change colors on every bitizen according to the store. Haven't changed colors on all bitizens yet but it's making it ton easier

Jasoco

Banned
Meier said:
Whether or not it makes sense, that's what I encountered. When I went back to my game on the other device, it was still at the 4th floor (where I had imported it) so I asked them on Twitter and they instructed me to re-install and that fixed it.

Also of note, they indicated that if you load a game that's further back on the other device, it will not overwrite the save on the server. It only keeps your highest level save.
I hope so. I also hope maybe a new update will get it syncing back and forth.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Wario64 said:
Whoever suggested color coding the bitizens to make the finding the bitizing minigame easier...thanks. Having 50+ bitizens can make it tough to spot them, just spent bucks ordering my stores by kind and then change colors on every bitizen according to the store. Haven't changed colors on all bitizens yet but it's making it ton easier

So are you matching the shirt color of the bitizen with the store they're on?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Eggo said:
So are you matching the shirt color of the bitizen with the store they're on?

Depending on the store type since I have the stores grouped by types. Though sometimes the Bitizen will be in their residentials, but at least they're all grouped together so it's easy to spot still

Flunkie

Banned
Okay what the fuck is up with my getting shit stores? I have planetariums and photo shops whenever I need game stores and cineplexes.

Color-coding idea is genius. I need to put all of my apartments on the bottom and sort stores by type, too. But that will take a lot of work, especially when adding a new store or two every day.

Wario64 said:
Don't you even care?

I know all my bitizens' names, jobs, where they live, when their birthday is, and what they aspire to be! It's all in here <points at forehead>

*may not all be true

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I want to cheat in this game so, so badly.

If I figure out a way to get infinite Bux, is that technically theft? =P

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Just got my first place I could fill up with dream-jobbers, hooah!

Why the fuck do I play this game so much? ;_;

Dacvak said:
I want to cheat in this game so, so badly.

If I figure out a way to get infinite Bux, is that technically theft? =P

That depends.. If you find out a way, you first need to PM me the details so I can decide wether you're a felon or not.

BKXB

Economist
I feel like I spend a lot of bux just churning through bitizens to look for dream jobs.

Currently at 19 levels, 33 bitizens, 22 dream jobs.

All apartments at the bottom for easy stocking.

Hige

Flunkie said:
Okay what the fuck is up with my getting shit stores? I have planetariums and photo shops whenever I need game stores and cineplexes.
Oh no you didn't! I think the planetarium is pretty cool looking.

It's taking forever to build floors now. 43rd floor costs 277k, sheesh. The $5 IAP won't even get you a full floor now lol.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Baller said:
Looking at these screens makes me want a SimTower port for iOS.
There is one under slightly different name from the Japanese guy who created Sim Tower.

Edit: it was posted just above you.

This game great. I enjoy the art style, the mechanics are straightforward with enough random moments (VIPS, people that may or may not tip, bitizens preferences, random level generator) and meters and progression hooks galore. The
I also love dressing up and painting the rooms.

Blitizens & BitBook are super cute too.

Koodo

Banned
My tower has 5 floors and it already is fabulous. I have my workers dressed in matching uniforms. The sub artists don hipster clothing, and the rental geniuses have nice shirts and ties.

I had a celebrity visit me already also, proof of my tower's fabulousness.

I love the Mapple Store. I'd just woken up to find the top-tier item finished stocking, then a VIP came and bought out the whole lot, made something like 18,000 coins in a second :lol

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Man, now that I have 30 floors, restocking is a grand task. Who the hell's gonna be the first here to get to 100 floors?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There are some definite balance issues. It takes 1 towerbux to rush a 2 hour construction job... or a 5 minute restocking job. Also the elevator upgrades cost far too many Towerbux, but that's probably to encourage IAP.

Chanser said:

FWIW, this is not a good port of Yoot Tower. The original SimTower is in my top five games of all time, but I don't recommend anyone get introduced to it by the iPad port.

mattiewheels

I think Bux are so easy to farm that the balance issue isn't so bad. You have to grind the elevator, but getting 50 Bux is pretty easy for me. I don't think I'd ever pay actual money for em.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The bucks increases for longer construction times. For a 15 hour time, it costs 16 bucks to rush it. I don't think it's a big deal, it all depends if it's worth spending the bucks versus convenience

Dina

Stumpokapow said:
FWIW, this is not a good port of Yoot Tower. The original SimTower is in my top five games of all time, but I don't recommend anyone get introduced to it by the iPad port.

Yoot Tower (Sim Tower 2) was a pretty shitty sequel in general. Still can't fathom how they managed to screw that up. The climb from 2 to 4 stars in Sim Tower was such a massive undertaking.

my bought 100 bucks have been really useful at the start of the game to speed up stuff a lot, but now that I have 11 floors and a nice steady income from about 7 shops I don't spend my bucks now, have 35 left plus the odd few I get from tips and stuff.

Phreaker

Saved up 50 bux, bought 100,000 coins and have floors 15,16,17, and 18 under construction! I like the sushi and coffee shops more now that I realize they are easy bux.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
According to the achievements, there's at least 80 stores in the game...not sure if the achievements duplicate stores though so it might less...or more

Just made my 30th floor. Shit is getting expensive! I'm sitting on 135 bux now. I was going to get the last elevator upgrade but I'm not sure anymore. I can't see myself using the lift with 100+ floors. Also, these people on the leaderboards with 400 floors, they must be making lots of IAP's right?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
0IErC.jpg

Harry Potter said:
Just made my 30th floor. Shit is getting expensive! I'm sitting on 135 bux now. I was going to get the last elevator upgrade but I'm not sure anymore. I can't see myself using the lift with 100+ floors. Also, these people on the leaderboards with 400 floors, they must be making lots of IAP's right?
No, apparently it's relatively easy to hack the game and get megaBux.

Not that I'm sure what the point is. You'd have a really high tower but then what? The fun is in actually building it yourself. You might as well just download a picture of a tower if you were to hack the game.

Meier

Hmm, I'm not so sure that a guy who works at a vegan food store is a bad enough dude to save the president.

ocadman

Is there a Stock All option? I only have 10 floors, but it seems like once I get there, it's gonna be annoying pressing Stock for all the products I'll eventually have. Not a big deal, really, but it'd be nice to have.

ocadman said:
Is there a Stock All option? I only have 10 floors, but it seems like once I get there, it's gonna be annoying pressing Stock for all the products I'll eventually have. Not a big deal, really, but it'd be nice to have.
I don't try and keep my stores fully stocked. I stock the three coin item, and then just stock the other two if I happen to be in the app when they're out of stock, I won't go in especially to stock my 1-coin Sushi Bar item or anything.

I'm making enough money to build a couple of floors a day, so it's fine this way for me!

ocadman

toythatkills said:
I don't try and keep my stores fully stocked. I stock the three coin item, and then just stock the other two if I happen to be in the app when they're out of stock, I won't go in especially to stock my 1-coin Sushi Bar item or anything.

I'm making enough money to build a couple of floors a day, so it's fine this way for me!

That would be fine if you're just coin farming, but keeping things fully stocked is another way to get bux.

ocadman said:
That would be fine if you're just coin farming, but keeping things fully stocked is another way to get bux.
My stores are fully stocked fairly often, I just don't go out of my way to do it! I've had far more Bux from finding residents/dream jobs/tips.

And I got one this morning because it was a bitizen's birthday =)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mike Works said:
Is it better to have a Bitizen working at a job who's a 9 or one working at their dream job who's a 7 or 8?

Dream Job. 7->9 just gives you a 2% discount, dream job gives you double restocking speed.

Wario64 said:
The bucks increases for longer construction times. For a 15 hour time, it costs 16 bucks to rush it. I don't think it's a big deal, it all depends if it's worth spending the bucks versus convenience

Oh, I see. I'm still early days yet but to me being able to rush a 2 hour job for 1 buck makes more sense than being able to rush a 10 minute restocking job for 1 buck but if it starts to even out on higher floors, tha'ts good.

Mike Works said:
Is it better to have a Bitizen working at a job who's a 9 or one working at their dream job who's a 7 or 8?
For the dream job, you get 2x as much stock to sell, so half as much restocking to do.

The proficiency affects the discount, so the difference would be 1 or 2 per cent, but the double stock is obviously waaaaaay better.

Neki

Stumpokapow said:
Dream Job. 7->9 just gives you a 2% discount, dream job gives you double restocking speed.
Wait, you restock twice as fast, or do you mean that restock twice as much? I thought it was the latter.

Top Bottom