• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

AEREC

Great Thread...noticed a couple of things though:

Battlefield 1 fps on standard PS4 is more like 20-60

Steep also is not in there, it has Pro support.

BigEmil

Nice but i think it needs some work for example,

I think some of the Pro enhancements you listed is too brief and not good enough,
Paragon for example just lists lighting etc which i think would have been better to fully explain what terms like Pro has proper volumetric lighting etc.

Here is Paragon's quote of some of the Pro upgrades:

"The game also utilizes new volumetric effects such as light shafts and fog; motion blur; enhanced HLOD (hierarchical level of detail) and increased view distance; screen space reflections; contact shadows; procedural grass; and advanced light bloom."

So yeah i don't think this image format is a good idea and should be a text format unless you can always update them easily ...

Lastly the ones that says "Unstable 60fps" while that's not really true most of them run at near stable 60fps like 95% of the time can just drop a frame or two randomly but not noticable. Those should just be called "Near locked 60fps" or just "60fps".
Unstable 60fps should go to ones that severely drop very often and very big drops like Batman Return to Arkham :)

Just what I need to tip me over to buying a PS4 Pro. I'm getting PSVR in a couple of weeks, and I had verified that RE7 demo ran at higher resolution on PS4 Pro in VR by taking my PS4 over to a friends yesterday who has a Pro and PSVR, but I wasn't sure how other titles I'm getting benefit.

I've got Batman Arkham, Rush of Blood, PSVR Worlds, and Trackmania Turbo lined up to play with my system and all evidently benefit. So I'm in.

icespide

Banned
Last of us is native 2160p isnt?

is there any other native 4k game?
from this thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1289840

Here is the list of the official announced games:

- Battleborn (Native 4K@30FPS)
- Bound (Native 4K@60FPS + MSAA x2 upscaled from MSAAx8 in normal gameplay / in VR mode: rendering to 4K internal screen which is then supersampled to 1080P display in PSVR + new effects like volumetric lights + sharper shadows)
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (Native 4K)
- Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Farming Simulator 17 (Native 4K)
- FIFA 17 (Native 4K@60FPS + Higher resolution depth of field buffer)
- forma.8 (Native 4K@60FPS + 8xMSAA )
- Futuridium EP Deluxe (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA - X HD (Native 4K)
- Hustle Kings (Native 4K)
- Locoroco (Native 4K + HDR)
- Let It Die (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Mantis Burn Racing (Native 4K@60FPS / Native 4K@30FPS for 4 player split-screen / + HDR)
- NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS + HDR)
- Neon Chrome (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Ni-Oh (Native 4K@30FPS)
- Parappa The Rapper (Native 4K + HDR)
- Patapon (Native 4K + HDR)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Rez Infinite (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Smite (Native 4K@60FPS)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Native 4K@30FPS + HDR)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Edition (Native 4K@30FPS)
- The Last Of Us Remastered (Native 4K@30FPS with the best shadows + HDR)
- The Witness (Native 4K@30FPS + 2xMSAA + HDR)
- Thumper (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Viking Squad (Native 4K@60FPS + 2xMSAA)
- Wheels of Aurelia (Native 4K@60FPS)

Eylos

Banned
from this thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1289840

Here is the list of the official announced games:

- Battleborn (Native 4K@30FPS)
- Bound (Native 4K@60FPS + MSAA x2 upscaled from MSAAx8 in normal gameplay / in VR mode: rendering to 4K internal screen which is then supersampled to 1080P display in PSVR + new effects like volumetric lights + sharper shadows)
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (Native 4K)
- Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Farming Simulator 17 (Native 4K)
- FIFA 17 (Native 4K@60FPS + Higher resolution depth of field buffer)
- forma.8 (Native 4K@60FPS + 8xMSAA )
- Futuridium EP Deluxe (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA - X HD (Native 4K)
- Hustle Kings (Native 4K)
- Locoroco (Native 4K + HDR)
- Let It Die (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Mantis Burn Racing (Native 4K@60FPS / Native 4K@30FPS for 4 player split-screen / + HDR)
- NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS + HDR)
- Neon Chrome (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Ni-Oh (Native 4K@30FPS)
- Parappa The Rapper (Native 4K + HDR)
- Patapon (Native 4K + HDR)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Rez Infinite (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Smite (Native 4K@60FPS)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Native 4K@30FPS + HDR)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Edition (Native 4K@30FPS)
- The Last Of Us Remastered (Native 4K@30FPS with the best shadows + HDR)
- The Witness (Native 4K@30FPS + 2xMSAA + HDR)
- Thumper (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Viking Squad (Native 4K@60FPS + 2xMSAA)
- Wheels of Aurelia (Native 4K@60FPS)

I thought, that the term native 4k was from not using checkerboard upscalling =(

You're missing Planetside 2. I don't think it improves graphics though just better framerate.

Interesting! I haven't played Planetside 2 for quite some time now but it was a 60fps title that rarely hit 60. Is this another example of the CPU/RAM upclock benefitting an older game or has it been stealth patched? Or is it a placebo effect due to less people playing it now therefore it has less for the hardware to process?

EDIT: Just had a look about on a few forums and it seems that Planetside 2 did get a Pro patch

PS4 Pro Support
You will see significantly improved performance when running the game on a PS4 Pro.

Planet

Is there word from Jonathan blow to make down sampling available on 1080p screens? Kind of a bummer that it's not there right now.
The 4xMSAA at 1080p gives us really good image quality. Tell me where do you see any jaggies or shimmering? Also there is a tiny bit of tearing on the base PS4, where the Pro is flawless.

The Witness is fine, no fix needed. Jonathan Blow explicitly stated they tried a few other settings, but the results were not convincing, so they kept it this way.

RAWRferal

The 4xMSAA at 1080p gives us really good image quality. Tell me where do you see any jaggies or shimmering? Also there is a tiny bit of tearing on the base PS4, where the Pro is flawless.

The Witness is fine, no fix needed. Jonathan Blow explicitly stated they tried a few other settings, but the results were not convincing, so they kept it this way.

If I was being nitpicky id say there is still a little aliasing, but the entire presentation is still beautiful ofc.

Tyaren

What about Abzu? Is there a reason that graphic is mostly empty? I thought that it ran more stable and the IQ was better. Probably 4 checkerboard downsampled to my 1080p TV?

Ricky_R

Pardon the ignorance, but it's safe to assume that, for 1080p TV owners, the games do downsample by default, right? Unless it's specified that they don't (I.E. TLOU and TLG).

Planet

If I was being nitpicky id say there is still a little aliasing.
Interesting, didn't notice any, looks very clean to me. In contrast, e.g. Infamous Second Son at high resolution still clearly has some shimmering, though much less than at high performance, of course.

antibolo

Banned
Does anyone know what is up with Pro support for Project Diva X and VR Future Live?

There are several Japanese sources that seem to imply that they do have Pro support, but it seems neither of the two games have been patched for it so far? Or did they only patch the Japanese versions or something??

-griffy-

Banned

There are definitely some places I've still gotten tearing on the Pro version at 1080p (standing in the steeple in the town center and looking back towards the starting area, for one), but it's far less common than on the base version.

(Also should be noted that the game on base PS4 is 900p and 60fps, not 30fps like the OP says)

-griffy-

Banned
wait the witness is 30fps on Xbox one really?

They opted to trade IQ (full 1080p) for 60fps. I'm guessing they couldn't hit 60 consistently enough at 900p and didn't want to drop the resolution lower, but then had headroom at 30fps to increase the resolution to 1080p?

FHIZ

How bad is Skyrim really? People seem to be saying it runs like dogshit but all I'm seeing is "occasional 2-3 fps drops" which seems far from dogshit, to me.

Extremely helpful! To be honest, I've kind of been feeling like my decision to get the Pro over the Slim may have been a mistake - but hopefully exploring some of these titles (and getting PSVR will change my mind).

Still a darn shame about The Last of Us.

Synless

How bad is Skyrim really? People seem to be saying it runs like dogshit but all I'm seeing is "occasional 2-3 fps drops" which seems far from dogshit, to me.
I've been playing it in 4K and every so often you see a decent frame drop. Other than that it is a pretty solid game performance wise and runs far better than the PS3 version ever could.

5taquitos

Waiting on that battlefront update...

You're going to keep waiting, there are zero signs that a Pro patch is coming. It could have happened with the Rogue One DLC, but since it didn't I bet it never does.

We're talking about a game where major exploits and glitches go unpatched for months, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Top Bottom