• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 9 GOTY appears on Amazon UK for PC

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
MK9 might finally be coming to PC this June.

GOTY is Amazon's weird naming for the Komplete Edition. The 360 and PS3 versions are labelled the same.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BTXEFKS/

EKpkj2S.png

Most likely has the bonus tower vita has, which isn't in Komplete Edition

Cutscene where scorpion fights a teddy bear is hilarious in the vita tower

Redhood

But I thought EB made it pretty clear there will be no PC version. If this is true I am so happy! Oh the mods on this game will be glorious! Someone tweet this to EB.

Sentenza

But I thought EB made it pretty clear there will be no PC version. If this is true I am so happy! Oh the mods on this game will be glorious!
I actually remember when they suggested quite the opposite, before release.
Then for some reason they changed their minds about it.

Redhood

I actually remember when they suggested quite the opposite, before release.
Then for some reason they changed their minds about it.

Yes I am aware. Then he said that things are not in his hand and started trolling that its never coming. In the end he said it pretty clearly "I have said no many times". Funny things is the listing is for EU just as he said originally.

Or it could be a diabolical troll on his part.

Sounds too good to be true.

If it is true though, would be nice if they also re-released for next-gen consoles that don't have backwards compatibility.

ChronoX

I really hope this turns out to be true! It's one of the best looking fighting games ever in my opinion and if this is ported properly over to the PC I could only imagine how sweet it'll be running at higher PC resolutions with more anti aliasing. Also maybe the modding community can get some more costumes on the models :)

dEvAnGeL

YES! i love the game on consoles but man the AA they use makes the game looks blurry as heck, i would double dip on this game

wildfire

Banned
The timing makes sense with Injustice releasing soon.

This timing is terrible. I was heavily interested in MK9 for a good year after it came out.

It will be an extra kick in the nuts if they are going to use this gauge how quickly they should develop Injustice for the PC.

Redhood

Tweeted Ed Boon. Lets see how he trolls or spins this story. lol

If this is true lets hope modding makes the cyber ninja smoke possible.

Nabs

Tweeted Ed Boon. Lets see how he trolls or spins this story. lol

If this is true lets hope modding makes the cyber ninja smoke possible.

I can't wait. Here's an article from earlier today:

Rron007: Do you have any plans on relasing Injustice on PC?

Ed Boon: Thinking about it.

PhilJWoodward: How come MK9 never made it to PC?

Ed Boon: Because nobody wanted it...#LetThe$hitStormBegin

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-injustice-pc-nobody-asks-mortal-kombat-9-pc/

Dizzy-4U

YES! i love the game on consoles but man the AA they use makes the game looks blurry as heck, i would double dip on this game

On PS3, if you have your console set to 1080p, it looks like the game is upscaled from 720p, making it a lot more blurry. I had to manually disable 1080p to make it look a little bit sharper but yeah, it desperately need some AA.

I'll get it. I want Injustice on PC so even if it doesn't happen at launch I'd definitely want to support more fighting games coming to the platform.

Top Bottom