• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

ngower

Are the Guardian amiibo particularly difficult to find? Spotted one in the wild for the first time and nearly bit but am sorta low on cash at the moment so I didn't want to buy one assuming they'll be easy to find down the road.

Are the Guardian amiibo particularly difficult to find? Spotted one in the wild for the first time and nearly bit but am sorta low on cash at the moment so I didn't want to buy one assuming they'll be easy to find down the road.

I had the chance to get when during the b2g1 free sale at Target and idiot I was, didn't think I wanted it. Now its semi rare, I think only BB online still has it in stock

Persona7

Banned

I've seen it in stock online lately. Maybe it will be rare sometime later but I feel like Nintendo will reprint these amiibos a few times as more people purchase Zelda and buy switch hardware.

Persona7

Banned
I wish Walmart would put the yarn yoshi bundle back on sale. I didn't want to blue one and the day after the clearance price shot back up they had every color available. No idea how that happened.

I picked up the BotW Archer Link at Target over the weekend. Don't even have the game or a Switch yet, but figured "Why the hell not?" It was literally the only BotW Amiibo they had. Otherwise it was all Wario, Rosalina, a shit ton of Animal Crossing, and I think a lone Lucas.

Wow, I was planning on posting after Wizard World here in Cleveland on crazy prices for amiibo but...no one had them this year. Last year a few sellers were trying to get $20 a pop for pretty much all the ones available but nada this year.

I also totally forgot to post that the Splatoon and Monster Hunter amiibo displays were on AmiAmi for 300 Yen each (which is like $3-ish) so not to bad at all considering. Looks like they're down for maintenance now though til 6.

ngower

Do we know if the Inkling amiibo are going to be compatible with Splatoon 2 in any capacity? They're ~$6 in most stores and that's low enough for me to bite.

Additionally, anyone know of somewhere with the Isabelle summer outfit in stock? She's the only AC amiibo I'm missing.

LiK

Do we know if the Inkling amiibo are going to be compatible with Splatoon 2 in any capacity? They're ~$6 in most stores and that's low enough for me to bite.

Additionally, anyone know of somewhere with the Isabelle summer outfit in stock? She's the only AC amiibo I'm missing.

I'm sure they will be in some way.

RootCause

Has anyone tried the amiibo reade/writer device?
I can't go around carrying 18 amiibo. :p

Wish they would offer more amiibo cards. I'd get all of the Zelda one agains. Much easier to take those with me. :x

After I saw a $60 toon link and $40 loose smash Link amiibo on GAF sales, I was curious and posted the same prices on Craigslist to see the interest.
Holy shoot! the interest. Guy offers 25 for toon link and then calls me a neck beard for posting 60.
today he offered 60 for both toon and smash after insulting me yesterday. The thirst is real guys, sell your link's and become rich neck beards

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
...remember when the world stopped caring about Amiibos, and many sold them off?

The only change I did since BotW came out, is make one box specifically for Zelda Amiibos to grab quickly.

It's awful. I'll look up my crate of extra amiibos and sell them. Need room anyway.

smash link giving you epona is makes up for the looks haha. Yeah there's gonna be demand, wish i could find one. I really didn't care about amiibo before BOTW, they got me by the balls lol.

Ein Bear

My OoT Link that I was able to grab whilst briefly available on Amazon arrived today, and now I'm conflicted between wanting to own the thing and the temptation to just stick it straight on eBay for the daft prices it's going for.

Chorazin

smash link giving you epona is makes up for the looks haha. Yeah there's gonna be demand, wish i could find one. I really didn't care about amiibo before BOTW, they got me by the balls lol.

This is the boat I'm in! 😭

Paid an obscene amount for OoT Link yesterday, but got a good price on Sheik so it kinda equals out.

My OoT Link that I was able to grab whilst briefly available on Amazon arrived today, and now I'm conflicted between wanting to own the thing and the temptation to just stick it straight on eBay for the daft prices it's going for.

sell that shit.

actually i'm debating myself.

EDIT:
Sold my toon link, smash link, with sheik and ganondorf.
That guy ended being cool.

The coming Twilight Princess amiibo will unlock everything Smash Link does, including Epona. So they're giving him a spiritual reprint so to speak, since Smash Link is based on TP Link anyway.

Bluth54

Nothing will ever make up for Nintendo thinking it was a good idea for Smash Link to look like he's peeing.

LiK

Wait, really? guess i'll plop it on. only been using the BotW ones.

The coming Twilight Princess amiibo will unlock everything Smash Link does, including Epona. So they're giving him a spiritual reprint so to speak, since Smash Link is based on TP Link anyway.
Wait really? That's not the wolf link one right, but a new amiibo?

edit: o from my link
Data mined amiibo:
In addition to all the above amiibo as featured in the game, data mining of the game appears to confirm items related to seemingly unreleased amiibo. The items point to a Fierce Diety Link armor set from Majora's Mask and an associated amiibo, a Twilight Princess Link amiibo and a Skyward Sword amiibo with the relevant iteration of the green tunic and the goddess sword as a rare drop.

How were you unaware lol? Here's a good guide to what they all do.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/15/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-guide-how-to-use-amiibo/

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Again, Super Mario DKs and Diddys are out there in the wild ... I just took this photo at my Target yesterday:

prBkrNu.jpg

All of the Zelda series Amiibos give useful stuff, especially when you're early in your playthrough. (Yet another 16-defense wooden shield and yet another 20-attack boko club kinda lose their luster after 50 hours in the game.) Regardless, the all give a ton of helpful ingredients, more than just scanning a non-Zelda-series Amiibo.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Alm and Celica Amiibo functionality in Fire Emblem Echoes explained in a press release this morning: http://nintendowire.com/news/2017/0...-fire-emblem-echoes-corrin-amiibo-compatible/

Also launching on May 19 are the Alm and Celica amiibo figures, available only as a set at a suggested retail price of $24.99. When used in the game, these amiibo will activate their own exclusive dungeons, allowing heroes to earn items and level up their armies further by defeating bosses. By selecting Mila's Turnwheel from the menu on the overworld map, they will also be able to take advantage of their Alm and Celica amiibo in battle. During combat, players can sacrifice a portion of Alm or Celica's health in order to summon a computer-controlled illusory hero, which will act as a temporary ally for a single turn.

As Alm and Celica get stronger, their stats can be saved to their respective amiibo, allowing their summoned unit to grow in strength alongside them. In addition, all Fire Emblem amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series can be used to summon an illusory hero of that character, allowing players to seek assistance from spectral visages of Marth, Ike, Roy, Robin, Lucina and the upcoming Corrin amiibo. All other currently available amiibo are also compatible, and will summon an additional monster to the battleground to assist players in battle, providing some much-needed help in case of a strategic emergency.

also, Corrin Amiibo mentioned. he still lives!

Jawmuncher

I'm hoping the upcoming fire emblem amiibos are handled like the BOTW amiibos on Amazon. Prime exclusive for a little bit with the discount

nubbe

8-bit link has appeared on Amazon UK from a completely new unverified seller for 14.99. I can't trust that can I?

No, even says they are pirates in the description of the product
"This Sticker have NFC Chip and work at the same way at Amiibo Original, 100% compatibility"

Shahadan

Welp. Never wanted to buy amiibos since I don't care about figures and I'm never interested in what they unlock.

However, my store gave me a Archer Link amiibo for free with my Switch.
Three weeks later it's still sitting under my TV and I like it, and I decided to order a yarn yoshi because reasons.
And I've pre ordered FE Echoes limited edition.
Fuck. I guess I'm boned.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Welp. Never wanted to buy amiibos since I don't care about figures and I'm never interested in what they unlock.

However, my store gave me a Archer Link amiibo for free with my Switch.
Three weeks later it's still sitting under my TV and I like it, and I decided to order a yarn yoshi because reasons.
And I've pre ordered FE Echoes limited edition.
Fuck. I guess I'm boned.

Sure are.

Better start researching storage shelf options for your growing Amiibo collection. You'll need one sooner rather than later.

Tyeforce

Soooooo... Uh, anyone else collecting the Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards?

I'm guessing this series is going to be difficult to complete... I don't expect many others to pick them up, unfortunately. =/

I only have 56/90 so far from 17 packs (still waiting on 3 more from Amazon, though). I'm afraid it's gonna be tough to get the other 34 cards in the series...

Dragoshi1

I bought a pack with my copy, and the idea of "Baseball" cards based on this game is pretty neat to me.

I need better deals, though, Gamestop was selling the packs for 5.99.

Boogiepop

Soooooo... Uh, anyone else collecting the Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards?

I'm guessing this series is going to be difficult to complete... I don't expect many others to pick them up, unfortunately. =/

I only have 56/90 so far from 17 packs (still waiting on 3 more from Amazon, though). I'm afraid it's gonna be tough to get the other 34 cards in the series...

Anyone have a complete set of images for these or whatever, actually? After collecting the 4 initial waves of AC amiibo cards, I backed off and decided I'm only ever going in on that stuff again if it's something I'm really, really feeling.

But with that said, I kind of want to at least see them all, and possibly just buy a few that amuse me second hand (I'm assuming they'll at least be one that I especially like of Waluigi amongst them).

Top Bottom