• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Is Arena more competitive than normal this week? I've been using ~15-16 orbs a day and stuck in the 12k range. Most of my battles are between 1.3-1.5x ratios.

I did lose my 75+ streak on an unlucky Noctis Ice Flask, but I don't think that makes that big a difference (and I already had the 100 win streak trophy).

This is my first time being this highly ranked (usually I strive for sub 30k). Not planning to try and hit 3k or anything, but I'm wondering how you can get sub 3k without using lapis.

Attack pots in the Arena this week - a LOT harder to climb the ranks. I have been facing top five teams on my list all week, have not lost yet, and cannot crack the top 6K. Feels pretty good to get 100 wins or more without fighting scrubs

CCIE nailed it on the head.

For the post part, the only stat anyone (referring to the Global community in general) cares about is ATK; every other stat is irrelevant (why would anything else matter when you can 1-shot anything with enough ATK?).

So, as ATK pots were announced (late of course, lol) as this week's Arena ranking reward, the masses are going insane trying to get them.

As someone who used to place in the top 3k without lapis, you pretty much need:

22 out of 24 orbs per day @ 1.4 average ratio or higher
23 out of 24 orbs per day @ 1.35 average ratio of higher

+ At least 1, if not 2 level-ups for extra arena orbs. Even then, that doesn't guarantee needed to refresh at least once or twice on the last night of the week, based on what everyone else does.

Not playing that game anymore. Doing that will break the player's spirit **hard**. It's a unthankful, near-impossible task to achieve without adjusting your sleep patterns around this game.

Well, the age-old trick of complaining about not drawing a 5* base is not working for me. I've taken a step back and given up completely on drawing them at this point. Glad I re-rolled for Light, or I would probably never have one. That's okay. I'm simply going to concentrate on TM's and build a good squad from the less popular 3* and 4* characters.

And pull from time to time. However, I am done chasing rainbow crystals - it NEVER works out for me.

Ditto. Thrown in the towel on Dark Fina, who've I've targetted for a very long time. I'm not going to bankrupt myself chasing the rainbow, as at this point in the game, there are enough 4* base units to get the job done with TMs. Bitter pill to swallow, but that's a day in the life of a gacha game. Better to horde tickets for bonus units on the next banner than to throw it all away on what will probably be nothing or little in value.

Lyrian

Yeah, was told Nox would have it. Ugh.

Well, that sucks ass. Why even bother having it on Mac then? Wish they would also list that it no longer has macros. Instead it's talking about how to set them up. I guess that's great if you're on Windows, but everyone else forgets Macs. I'm not going to bother with another app. I'm the kind of person that likes to work on bare minimum of apps. I'm weird. I don't like a lot of clutter on my machine. But after over 6 years it has it anyway.

If I have to use an app within an app, it's far too much trouble really. Becomes a lot more complicated than it was supposed to be. Thank you though.

I guess now I'm at the point, where I didn't think I'd be, that I don't really have anything to do. I'm bored. My NRG is rotting away. I finished up my lapis runs the other day which is why I wanted to get into Nox. Very few left and they're pains in the asses to get so won't bother unless I ABSOLUTELY need lapis for the little pittence left.

Fun.

I'm pretty sure that CCIE runs macros on Mac via Andy, I believe?

CCIE, can you help her with this? I'm not familiar with the intricacies of macroing on Macs.

Pejo

So got up and checked Altema to see what the JPs were thinking this morning about the update and Randy is now a 97 but one of the user comments there are pointing out that him being a 97 is super strange because he's absolutely beastly now. Apparently, you can get his attack up to 1500-1600 with Trust Master Rewards and can do a ton of damage to Aigaion, the hardest boss in JP right now, lol.

Now I hope you guys can get SoM in GL and folks can get him, also because his sprite work is amazing, easily one of the best in FFBE.

This was the one unit I was planning on whaling for when we got it, then Noctis happened and I whaled for him instead. If we don't get SoM collab, I'll still be super bummed out.

I'm really happy to see his enhancements were good. He kinda fell by the wayside for a while in JP, it looks like.

Lyrian

Well to be fair, with atk pots of this week and atl pots of monthly, yo can Max any unit, So its normal everyone wants those

Well, also to be fair, people would chase the ATK pots this week regardless of whatever type of pots were offered at the end of the month. People tend to think very short-term in general.

Chinner

Banned
No idea how I'm still in the top 3k, I haven't even spent anything on refills.

I imagine I'll get squeezed out as the week nears to the end. People will get desperate for this pots, yo.

Takuan

Well, the age-old trick of complaining about not drawing a 5* base is not working for me. I've taken a step back and given up completely on drawing them at this point. Glad I re-rolled for Light, or I would probably never have one. That's okay. I'm simply going to concentrate on TM's and build a good squad from the less popular 3* and 4* characters.

And pull from time to time. However, I am done chasing rainbow crystals - it NEVER works out for me.

Yup, you could go through hundreds of tickets and still not get the unit you want, so it's not a good idea to get hung up on a certain unit. I've accepted that I have shit luck and don't expect to be able to pull Orlandu when his banner hits - but if I do, I'll be very happy.

Otherwise, maybe Agrias will get a 6* at some point.

Yup, you could go through hundreds of tickets and still not get the unit you want, so it's not a good idea to get hung up on a certain unit. I've accepted that I have shit luck and don't expect to be able to pull Orlandu when his banner hits - but if I do, I'll be very happy.

Otherwise, maybe Agrias will get a 6* at some point.

Agrias aka Poorlandu will get a 6* form and great enhancements. She will be a great character.

I still don't get the go all out for Pots thing...with arena summon tickets and token unlocks I have far more pots than I can use. I had to stop using tokens because I didn't want to waste space anymore. Sitting at over 5k Arena Tokens like......stahp!

bryt

I still don't get the go all out for Pots thing...with arena summon tickets and token unlocks I have far more pots than I can use. I had to stop using tokens because I didn't want to waste space anymore. Sitting at over 5k Arena Tokens like......stahp!

How are you getting so many pots? Here's a spreadsheet of the pots I've used and still need so many more.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PI8zObxuRJaS2-W8-TFGmby2a5NROqSEZdSTQW6NXqI/edit#gid=0

I've been <3k ranking in arena every week.

Chinner

Banned
Made some space on my friends list.

YHC4YIc.jpg

Plz have GAF in your name!

bryt

I dunno lucky I guess? I mean you get what 10 or so from each board and I get them pretty much every time I use an arena ticket. Last month almost every fucking daily login was a pot and all the rewards from the raid.

Damn I guess I'm just super unlucky then. Even with clearing like 20 boards so far, using every single arena ticket and those daily logins I still need sooo many pots.

Celegus

Think that's just you. I haven't maxed a single character with atk pots yet. Firion got a few before Noctis, then he's been eating them all since and not done yet. Ive used every single pot and arena medal so far and could use more of any but magic.

Takuan

Agrias aka Poorlandu will get a 6* form and great enhancements. She will be a great character.

That's good news. She's been pretty useful for me as a 5* as far as story content goes. From the "Poorlandu" label, I'm guessing there are redundancies between her and Orlandu, but I don't really care. I just really like the sprite and he was a badass in FFT (a proper remake of that game would be heavenly).

Think that's just you. I haven't maxed a single character with atk pots yet. Firion got a few before Noctis, then he's been eating them all since and not done yet. Ive used every single pot and arena medal so far and could use more of any but magic.

Weird I have maxxed out Luneth/Noctis and Lightning with ATK and I still have some left. I may be an exception I guess I still probably wouldn't refill for pots though but that may just be me.

bryt

Might've gotten lucky on Arena Summons. I've maxed out ATK on my Noctis, MAG on ExDeath, SPR on Refia and I rank consistently in the 20-30k range.

Yeah I think he got lucky with arena summons. He said he gets a pot almost every time he used an arena ticket. I certainly don't get a pot every time, more like ~25% of the time for me.

mstevens

Another random question.. Is there a difference in potential if you draw a rank 4 Exdeath instead of a rank 3 Exdeath? If you were to get them both to max lvl rank 5, would they be different or the same stat wise?

bryt

Another random question.. Is there a difference in potential if you draw a rank 4 Exdeath instead of a rank 3 Exdeath? If you were to get them both to max lvl rank 5, would they be different or the same stat wise?

No difference. Just saves you some leveling and awakening materials if you pull a 4*.

Nope, no difference. You just don't have to waste materials and resources leveling it through the 3* levels.

Celegus

Yeah I think he got lucky with arena summons. He said he gets a pot almost every time he used an arena ticket. I certainly don't get a pot every time, more like ~25% of the time for me.
I refer to arena tickets by their shorter name, tents.

I refer to arena tickets by their shorter name, tents.

I just used 20 of my 40 tickets to test it out again. 4 items total 2 SQ 1 tent and a screamroot rest were pots and a few cactuars and 1 gil snapper.

Forgot I need to start feeding my 2nd Noctis and 2nd Luneth ATK pots so I guess I'm back on the pulling train. Fuck I don't want to spend these 5k arena tokens though I kind of just want to see how far I can go before I need to use them.

CCIE

Banned
Muku - I use a MacBook Pro for my macro... and Andy. Andy is the only emulator I have found yet that runs decently on a mac without being in a VM (which all run like garbage). I used Automator to set up a click macro that works flawlessly

Only problem is that I cannot use my computer when it is running. I use switch controls on my iPhone when working to TM farm. Andy at night when spending time with the Hubby.

If you want some help, let me know and I will go into more detail.

Brunire

I just used 20 of my 40 tickets to test it out again. 4 items total 2 SQ 1 tent and a screamroot rest were pots and a few cactuars and 1 gil snapper.

Forgot I need to start feeding my 2nd Noctis and 2nd Luneth ATK pots so I guess I'm back on the pulling train. Fuck I don't want to spend these 5k arena tokens though I kind of just want to see how far I can go before I need to use them.

That is pretty amazing because I am happy if I only get 4 items in a 10-pull. I have had a couple where i got 6-7 items out of 10! So many tents/potions/elixers.

That is pretty amazing because I am happy if I only get 4 items in a 10-pull. I have had a couple where i got 6-7 items out of 10! So many tents/potions/elixers.

I mean don't get me wrong I have had some item heavy pulls a few times but I generally get pots pots pots. I would prefer the items at this point in most cases.

Shouta

This was the one unit I was planning on whaling for when we got it, then Noctis happened and I whaled for him instead. If we don't get SoM collab, I'll still be super bummed out.

I'm really happy to see his enhancements were good. He kinda fell by the wayside for a while in JP, it looks like.

The great thing about this is the fact many characters that fell to the wayside or weren't great to begin with might be able to become incredible with the proper Ability Enhancements. I hope they do more of this for other chars so everyone can use their favorites.

Brunire

Shadow enhancements?!?!

Hide +1: Disappear for 5-7 turns
Hide +2: Disappear until rest of team finishes battle or dies. If dead, escape.

Smoke +1: Escape battle and load game directly into rare summon window to pull for replacement.

BumRush

How can I get new espers? I still have the starting esper, and where I'm at (in the story) the battle conditions now mention "evoke Ifrit", who I don't have...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
^^ go to Exvius Wiki to find how to unlock them. Ifrit access is through that first desert.

How can I get new espers? I still have the starting esper, and where I'm at (in the story) the battle conditions now mention "evoke Ifrit", who I don't have...

Nikokuno

If they gave him a 6-star form and enough enhancements to be viable, the world will explode.

Oh shit, the 1550 attack was true. Holy fuck

https://twitter.com/ryokutaichi/status/819149084816609282

I'm seeing other ones on twitter with 1400+ as well. Crikey!

Damn son! It's hella high!! How many damages can you expect from this kind of monsters?

Still have 4 slots left for Gaf (make sure it's in your note) if anyone needs a 700+ Noctis friend.

434 572 945

Sent

Giard

I've added a couple of you.

I only have a 450 ATK Chizuru, but it's pretty much the best I can manage right now without TMs.

166, 413, 081

bonkeng

Is Arena more competitive than normal this week? I've been using ~15-16 orbs a day and stuck in the 12k range. Most of my battles are between 1.3-1.5x ratios.

I did lose my 75+ streak on an unlucky Noctis Ice Flask, but I don't think that makes that big a difference (and I already had the 100 win streak trophy).

This is my first time being this highly ranked (usually I strive for sub 30k). Not planning to try and hit 3k or anything, but I'm wondering how you can get sub 3k without using lapis.

I'm ranked 500+ currently in weekly and monthly rankings. Never did any refresh.

But I never waste any orbs though. Since I have to get up early to prepare my daily needs and go back to sleep afterwards, might as well use all the orbs I can.

I've maxxed out 3 units with atk pots and I still have a few leftovers. By the end of the month, I think I'll be able to max 3-4 more units with the atk pots rewards. Also, I'm now sitting at 4k Arena Medals and 40+ Arena Tickets.

SeanTSC

Actually 5 more slots open,hadn't scrolled down all the way and some people without tags hadn't played in weeks.

434 572 945

Shouta

Damn son! It's hella high!! How many damages can you expect from this kind of monsters?

Sent

Someone on Altema said that he can beat the body of Aigaion in one-shot without chain by himself. That thing has 10 million HP.

I don't know if that's true but if it is, oh man.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
does the game yell at you if you reach the max atk you can boost with pots?

yeah, it won't let you waste pots. good question, fair worry. fwiw it also won't let you 'overshoot' with gigantaurs either.

in both cases when you select something that would put it one past over the max, it'll grey out the option so you can't select it.

bonkeng

Someone on Altema said that he can beat the body of Aigaion in one-shot without chain by himself. That thing has 10 million HP.

I don't know if that's true but if it is, oh man.

Shouta, can you share with us what equipments and materias are equipped on Randi to get that 1.5k atk?

Very interesting, more than 10 million damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom