• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its fantastic that preorder materials exist for a game that hasn't actually been officially unveiled yet. Nothing like a publisher selling you something that doesn't even exist yet.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I won't be pre-ordering till the next-gen version is announced. ;)

Unless we are all crazy and it's only for 360/PS3.

I can always buy a next gen version when those come out too. That's assuming I even buy one of the next gen consoles.

bak4fun

Unconfirmed Member
Clear image not covered by crap of the description on the poster:

The french description is an exact translation of this. I was going to correct the mistakes made by google translate but I don't have to anymore ^^

Slime

Banned
Hope there's still at least one next-gen SKU, and that we don't have to wait for the 720 unveiling to know for sure.

Vire

Another image confirming 360/PS3

des5-noscale.jpg

So it's a FPS? Shocker.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comes exclusively to Durango over Orbis, while releasing on both the PS3 and 360 - if only because of the past relationship between the developer and Microsoft.

Spawnling

I'd imagine they'll have plans to get this on next gen for 2014. 360/PS3 isn't a bad start though, especially at an awkward time for cross generation.

nib95

Banned
Did not expect PS3 to scoop this one. Colour me shocked. I was under the impression only their second game would be multi platform. Anyway, this shot looks like it's a game asset of some sort, not cgi.

destinyback.jpg

border

I thought the contracts that had been leaked specifically said that the 360 version was a timed exclusive for like 6+ months?

Dusky

Love the box art. Hopefully it stays that way.

I'm certain we'll still see this on next-gen consoles despite it only being listed for PS3 and 360.

Soo, PS3/360 only?

I find it strange Activision would release these preorder cards saying only 360/PS3 if it indeed will have next gen versions...

I realize these are retailer leaks, but, man, when was the last game that had as many leaks as Destiny? There was the contract stuff (public record as part of court document), the leaked concept art (I still kind of think this may have been intentional) and then this.

Anyway, can someone explain this sentence to me?

• Offering a unique variety of game, a shooter that redefines the genre and breaks with the conventions campaigns solo and competitive multiplayer modes cooperative and combines your social networks.

Obviously, it sounds like a persistent online shooter with the solo and competitive/co-op mp combined, i.e. no separate campaign and mp, but the end of that sentence reads like gibberish.

So it's a FPS? Shocker.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comes exclusively to Durango over Orbis, while releasing on both the PS3 and 360 - if only because of the past relationship between the developer and Microsoft.
I'm going to guess it comes out on 360 and PS3 on Day 1. Then they release it on Durango whenever that ships and ship out a PS4 version later.

So pretty much everything you just said.

Omikaru

Waiting on more info, but Bungie is one of the few FPS developers that I like so I'm probably in just on pedigree. PS3 for me, I think, unless this also comes to Orbis or PC.

L1NETT

I would be shocked if this wasn't on next gen. They probably have to wait until official MS/Song reveals, so I am not that worried.

But this sounds SO ambitious. Really, really hope it is damn good. If it does, it could be a real game changer (no pun intended)

Dennis

Banned
The boxart is godlike but I just fear this is multiplayer focused and simplistic shooty bang bang.

Watch them put a 30-something brown haired male on the cover holding a space gun.

Hey You

I don't know if it's been discussed, but if Destiny was coming out this year wouldn't Activison had disclosed that at their recent Financial call?

Pooya

Well the fact that a PS3 sku is shown means the contract must have changed. Its probably a multiplatform game.

PS3 version was on the contract actually, it was 360/"720"/PS3. it was that they weren't obligated to release it in Fall 2013 but no later than Fall 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom