• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 years after release, a massive explorable pirate ship is found in Blood Omen: LOK

Then there was a glitch that let you catch Mew without a GameShark or Nintendo event. That was like 5 years after Red and Blue had been released.
THis is still one of my favorites, because the process of doing this glitch is exactly like a lot of rumors you heard back in the day on getting random stuff like Pikablu.

Does anyone remember the only boat in Soul Reaver?

132598.jpg

Its in a very similar location in future Nosgoth, as this newly-discovered boat is in past Nosgoth:

IMACOLOSSALNERD.jpg

(Red circles are where the boats are).

Theory: Crystal Dynamics knew about the undiscovered/inaccessible Blood Omen boat, and put the Soul Reaver boat in the same location as a homage.

I'M A COLOSSAL NERD.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Here's hoping the next LoK game has pirates and werewolves to go with the time traveling vampires and cross dimensional demons/squids. :lol

Ryu

Probably not the best thread to ask, but it's what made me want to play it again - is there any place online that's selling Soul Reaver via digital distribution? I know Steam is a no go on this front unfortunately. :(

IPoopStandingUp said:
Here's hoping the next LoK game has pirates and werewolves to go with the time traveling vampires and cross dimensional demons/squids. :lol

There's no rule to say the pirates can't also be werewolves.

Zertez

Nice find. Ive wondered how many games have special areas that have gone unnoticed for years. You would think the people who took the time to make the content would eventually spill their guts after so many years had passed.

I remember reading a few years back, the original EQ content had several thousand quests that have yet to be solved. Im sure quite a few of them were bugged with no way to finish the quest, but with that many people playing EQ for years, you would think someone would have stumbled the solution.

Gribbix

Ryu said:
Probably not the best thread to ask, but it's what made me want to play it again - is there any place online that's selling Soul Reaver via digital distribution? I know Steam is a no go on this front unfortunately. :(
I don't know of any digital distribution services that sell the PC version, but the PS1 version of Soul Reaver (and Blood Omen) is available on PSN.

Dresden

Mama Robotnik said:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/mappster12/132598.jpg[/IMG]

Its in a very similar location in future Nosgoth, as this newly-discovered boat is in past Nosgoth:

IMACOLOSSALNERD.jpg

Theory: Crystal Dynamics knew about the undiscovered/inaccessible Blood Omen boat, and put the Soul Reaver boat in the same location as a homage.

I'M A COLOSSAL NERD.
HOLY FOCKIN SHIT, etc, etc

I love things like this.

Did we ever get any confirmation on that supposed huge secret in Shadow of the Colossus that up until a few years after release no one had found?
DeadFalling said:
:O 14 years...

So there's still hope!!!

200px-Originaltruck.png

I may catch Mew yet!
:lol :lol :lol

AColdDay

Predication:

Someday, some small group of people is going to try and remake Too Human, only to find that Dyack hid the REAL Too Human secretly nested within the source code, making it the greatest easter egg of all time. It will be revealed that what the public perceived to be Too Human was a hastily slapped together side project whose purpose was to keep the real project hidden. Upon seeing the real Too Human(which was decades ahead of its time), all gaming publications with retroactively award the game GOTY honors. Gamers will build a golden shrine to Dyack, in an act of repentance for routinely desecrating his grave.

M.J. Doja

Banned
jred250 said:
Predication:

Someday, some small group of people is going to try and remake Too Human, only to find that Dyack hid the REAL Too Human secretly nested within the source code, making it the greatest easter egg of all time. It will be revealed that what the public perceived to be Too Human was a hastily slapped together side project whose purpose was to keep the real project hidden. Upon seeing the real Too Human(which was decades ahead of its time), all gaming publications with retroactively award the game GOTY honors. Gamers will build a golden shrine to Dyack, in an act of repentance for routinely desecrating his grave.

:lol brilliant.

DanteFox

wow gaf... really? I've known about this for years, I assumed this was common knowledge... :/

jk lol :p

Mama Robotnik said:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/mappster12/132598.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/mappster12/IMACOLOSSALNERD.jpg

I'M A COLOSSAL NERD.
Jesus...

Welp, that settles it. I'm finding/buying a copy of Blood Omen 1 to finally play it. It was always one of those games that piqued my interest like mad but I never had the opportunity to goof off with it.

When I have some spare cash, I'm totally downloading it off PSN. Mama Robotnik, you rock my cock.

Question, though. Is the PSN version playable? I've heard terrible things about load times and crap.

Wat's with all the LOK6 talk? Have there been rumors or is it just wishful thinking? LOK is seriously one of my all-time favorite series so don't please toy with me soul gaf.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The Blue Jihad said:
Welp, that settles it. I'm finding/buying a copy of Blood Omen 1 to finally play it. It was always one of those games that piqued my interest like mad but I never had the opportunity to goof off with it.

When I have some spare cash, I'm totally downloading it off PSN. Mama Robotnik, you rock my cock.

Question, though. Is the PSN version playable? I've heard terrible things about load times and crap.

If you are getting the game solely because of this hidden thing i would go for a version thats not the PSN release since you will have to use a trainer or other type of hacking to get to this secret. The reason nobody found it in all these years is because you cant get there normally in the game.

Some secrets last even longer. Like the camera flash in the audience of Punch Out!, telling you exactly when you need to punch to knock out Bald Bull during his Bull Rush. The programmer only came out and mentioned it a few months ago during one of those "Iwata Asks" segments.

Magnus

Makes you wonder just what we'll learn has been sitting on our MGS1 disc this whole time.

We'll probably find out in 10 years.

jsnepo

Magnus said:
Makes you wonder just what we'll learn has been sitting on our MGS1 disc this whole time.

We'll probably find out in 10 years.

Are you referring to the original or TTS?

Anyway, a third ending maybe where
both Meryl and Otacon join Snake
at the end.

I also found a trailer of MGS in the VR missions disc that shows a selection in the menu that was never in the final game. I couldn't remember what that selection is.

OMG Aero

DeadFalling said:
:O 14 years...

So there's still hope!!!

200px-Originaltruck.png

I may catch Mew yet!
Is that truck in HGSS? I specifically remember that the creators acknowledged this rumour in Firered by putting a Full Heal item inside the truck.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Dreamwriter said:
Some secrets last even longer. Like the camera flash in the audience of Punch Out!, telling you exactly when you need to punch to knock out Bald Bull during his Bull Rush. The programmer only came out and mentioned it a few months ago during one of those "Iwata Asks" segments.
Well the reason this is so interesting is that the secret is pretty large. Camera flash thing seems so tiny next to basically a hidden level that, while walled off in the release game, has never been mentioned to the public at all.

I read about this last night on my phone, amazing! now we need to know why it was left there hidden, was it a level layout mistake (aka no mist wall?) or was it closed off as it didn't fit or had design flaws at the time?

So Awesome.

Zenith

Banned
Micromegas said:
I wish he would come back. He's got alot of insightful stuff to say. Yes, he overshot with Too Human, and got mouthy about it, but that episode of 1upYours he was on, talking about Player of Games, Eve Online, his one-console future, and reciprocity over the internet was pure fucking genius.

Alot of dim-bulbs around here ignorantly derided him, but those who listened understood what he meant, although the delivery of his message was indeed muddled.

And then Too Human came out, and was just... mediocre... yeah.

Anyway. I do wish he'd come back. This would be a better community for it.

"blah blah blah..........Lord of the Flies.........blah blah the conch blah........I'll can shut you down!"

the guy was a moron and anyone who really listened to him could see he was just spouting pretentious bullshit.

GrayFoxPL

Galactic Fork said:
Oh wow. I bet there's some disgruntled programmer out there thinking "About fucking time asswads! Took you long enough to find it!." Then he returns to his drunken stupor.

I imagined it and it made me laugh. :lol

Mama Robotnik said:

132598.jpg

IMACOLOSSALNERD.jpg

I'M A COLOSSAL NERD.

the DROWNED ABBYE!! of course! it's makes perfect sense.... :lol

WilyRook

Zenith said:
"blah blah blah..........Lord of the Flies.........blah blah the conch blah........I'll can shut you down!"

the guy was a moron and anyone who really listened to him could see he was just spouting pretentious bullshit.

:lol

zugzug

Surgeon Rocket said:
What intrigues me about this the most is that there are likely other games which still have things that haven't been uncovered yet.

heh I do not know this game at all,....but I can relate on the world of warcraft forums you sometimes see posts asking the Developers is there anything that has not been discovered. never see a response.

Top Bottom