• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Is MG Wing Zero (angel wings) still worth picking up? It's pretty cheap at $50 CAD.

I would get the RG but they are so finnicky, I have Freedom and it's not really my thing. I also have RX-78-2 but not built.

It's got a bit of a problem holding the TBR unless you position it just right (no hand tabs). Other than that, it's not too bad for its age.

Honestly the RG Wing Zero EW isn't all that that finnicky. Having built both, I'd say it's more stable than Freedom. And Wing EW (my favorite RG, at least until I build the Unicorn) is just as good.

Has anyone seen an out of box (no paint or touchups) review of the new AIS Gray Ver. or Red Ver. from Phantasy Star Online 2?

It's not a Gundam, and it's a Kotobukiya kit, so it's not getting too much attention it seems.

https://hlj.com/product/KBYKP-450

This link has shots of the runners, and it doesn't look like it has much color separation out of the box: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10463787

I like the design, but I'd like to see what it looks like for real before I pull the trigger.

Well we know what Rightstuf is releasing after Wing. And holy shit it's getting a new dub.

szTDRzr_d.jpg

I hope they can get the same VAs back, I'm too used to them. Especially Rau's VA, he was the star of the dub.

Some of the new cast

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news...dam-seed-destiny-with-new-english-dub/.120036

Max Mittelman as Kira
Chris Hackney as Athrun
Stephanie Sheh as Lacus
Sandy Fox as Haro
Cherami Leigh as Cagalli
Erica Mendez as Flay
Lucien Dodge as Sai
Cassandra Morris as Miriallia
Colin DePaula as Tolle
Eddy Lee as Kuzzey
Daman Mills as Yzak
Johnny Yong Bosch as Dearka
Casey Mongillo as Nicol

No more Matt Hill or Sam Vincent :(

Edit:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/896104708112228353

Quoting the voice director for the redub:
The redub will apparently have old voices and new talent. Couldn't get everyone back again.

Please get Mark Oliver back as Rau.

Olengie

Well I'm glad I got the Original Anime Legends with the Old Dub. But Ill buy the HD Remaster Sets for the new dub.

I'm going to miss old Lacus though. <3

Boogiepop

So, talking as someone who's only lightly touched Gunpla... anyone have any recommendations? Looking for probably something in MG, though I wouldn't mind an HG or something. No bigger/more expensive at least, though.

Currently have 6 sets of note (like, I have some real little random ones hidden in a box somewhere from my childhood that I think were like Dragon and Master Gundams from a Walmart or something, but let's not count those.) I know one is a Strike Freedom with the gold highlighting stuff, another is the Strike IWSP, then a Sengoku Astray, an Epyon, and then a RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn, aka the one with the crazy amount of armaments, all in MG. Then there's a Susanowo in HG.

The BIG concern I have that has me asking in here instead of just window shopping: that Unicorn is damn unstable. Like, the hips just don't click firmly, and it took a miracle to get the thing to stand, and it's such that I worry if anyone ever touches it it'll crumble to pieces. And then that time I'll just say screw it and glue the hell out of the damn thing. So yeah, wanna avoid that frustration.

As for what I'm looking for: I think I at least want to avoid the base Gundam model look as much as possible, as I feel plenty stocked on that. At the very least, want to keep away from models that are primarily white. Finishing the original Gundam and actually having a footing in the franchise outside of G Gundam (which is crazy and I love it but yeah, not so attached to the franchise as a whole), I was thinking maybe something in the Zaku rangwm. Like, I kind of like the Rick Dom design with the crazy protector and that purple in the color scheme. Gouf isn't bad either, for a variant. If I went classic Zaku, which I wouldn't be opposed to, I feel like I'd wanna go Char style red. Or heck, anything Char piloted could be cool.

But alternatively... just anything crazy, and preferably gimmicky, would suit my tastes. Just, like, what's particularly both cool and high quality and readily available nowadays?

So, talking as someone who's only lightly touched Gunpla... anyone have any recommendations? Looking for probably something in MG, though I wouldn't mind an HG or something. No bigger/more expensive at least, though.

But alternatively... just anything crazy, and preferably gimmicky, would suit my tastes. Just, like, what's particularly both cool and high quality and readily available nowadays?
For MG kits, I would recommend:
MG Jesta
MG GM Sniper II
MG Gundam Exia Dark Matter
MG Char's Zaku 2.0 (The leg piping is annoying.)
MG Hyaku Shiki

For 1/100 kits:
1/100 Vidar

For HG kits:
HG Revive Gouf or HG The Origin Gouf
HG Kimaris Vidar
HG Gundam Vidar
HG Grimgerde
HG IO Frame Shiden
HG Gyan
HG Char's Zaku The Origin.
HG Graze Ein

Also, the Unicorn MG is a floppy, garbage mess that looks awesome. I used a TON of extra thin cement to make it a nice statue that doesn't move ever.

Boogiepop

For MG kits, I would recommend:
MG Jesta
MG GM Sniper II
MG Gundam Exia Dark Matter
MG Char's Zaku 2.0 (The leg piping is annoying.)
MG Hyaku Shiki

For 1/100 kits:
1/100 Vidar

For HG kits:
HG Revive Gouf or HG The Origin Gouf
HG Kimaris Vidar
HG Gundam Vidar
HG Grimgerde
HG IO Frame Shiden
HG Gyan
HG Char's Zaku The Origin.
HG Graze Ein

Also, the Unicorn MG is a floppy, garbage mess that looks awesome. I used a TON of extra thin cement to make it a nice statue that doesn't move ever.
Awesome, thanks for this!

Later today Nozomi/Rightstuf will have a panel at Otakon. Expect news on the Wing blu rays (hoping at least for a release date and details of that limited edition).

EDIT: Correction, there are TWO panels. A Gundam Wing-centric panel at 5:15pm EDT and the Nozomi one at 7pm EDT

Also pre-ordered. No Tax, and my rightstuf membership nets an additional 8% (not sure why its not the full 10%), and just before my membership was set to expire.

Pre-ordered.

Also, G Gundam Blu Rays in 2018.

Also best news. Hopefully pre-orders go up soon for the above reason.

Also just learned about Mega Size Unicorn in the last week, just before it was released, best timing.

muteki

Wait, so is the only way to get EW going to be in the special edition? Edit: nvm, nozomi's twitter mentioned that EW will be up for preorder separately later.

Great news about G gundam though. And X BD teasing.

Anyone can confirm that the parts of the MG Seed kits are interchangeable for kitbash purposes? Like Will the backpack for like... Sword Impulse work with Justice 2.0 or what not?

Or have they been changed?

yami4ct

Anyone can confirm that the parts of the MG Seed kits are interchangeable for kitbash purposes? Like Will the backpack for like... Sword Impulse work with Justice 2.0 or what not?

Or have they been changed?

I know the MG Strike Remaster works with the old Sword and Launcher packs (sword shoulder armor needs an extra spacer that's included with the RM but the backpack works straight up). That's probably an indication nothing has changed that much, but I guess I don't know about the MG Freedom 2 or Justice

Hmmm wondering cause I had a weird day dream of the Justice with a big ass sword impulse sword/backpack. Or maybe like Strike with Justice's ect. Mostly wondering about the backpacks since weapons are pretty universally hold...able. Aside from specific ones.

yami4ct

Main robot of the Crossbone Full Cloth done!

Parts of the finish are messed up or dirty, especially on the sides of one of the legs and the X booster arms, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the outcome for how long it's been since I've painted. Coat and weapons should be done in a day or two. Probably won't do another MG paintjob for a long while, but this was still fun.

Doukou

Honestly that depends on what MG you're looking at getting.

I definitely wouldn't suggest anything transformable as your first MG.

I've been slowly going through the series, right now on G Gundam, and I want one from a series I've seen, and is a major character.

The one I've been looking at the most is Gundam Alex, but I'm worried a bit about its age

I've been slowly going through the series, right now on G Gundam, and I want one from a series I've seen, and is a major character.

The one I've been looking at the most is Gundam Alex, but I'm worried a bit about its age

Yeah, it's pretty old but for a first MG, I wouldn't say it's a terrible choice.

I honestly only built two HGs before my first MG, Freedom (though one of those HGs was the METEOR unit).

Main robot of the Crossbone Full Cloth done!

Parts of the finish are messed up or dirty, especially on the sides of one of the legs and the X booster arms, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the outcome for how long it's been since I've painted. Coat and weapons should be done in a day or two. Probably won't do another MG paintjob for a long while, but this was still fun.

looking good!

Main body of Providence done. Gonna clean my panel lines and matte top coat tonight. Gonna do Dragoons and weapons tonight as well. Next pic should be the final product!

Wish there were more dry transfers instead of stickers, the ones their are are very random. Two for the knees, two for the main gun and beam saber, and the rest for the backpack
fake edit. crap I dont think I have anymore top coat... hopefully the hobby shop down the street is open.

AALLx

Main body of Providence done. Gonna clean my panel lines and matte top coat tonight. Gonna do Dragoons and weapons tonight as well. Next pic should be the final product!

Wish there were more dry transfers instead of stickers, the ones their are are very random. Two for the knees, two for the main gun and beam saber, and the rest for the backpack
fake edit. crap I dont think I have anymore top coat... hopefully the hobby shop down the street is open.
I recommend getting the Dragoon Expansion, it comes with a really nice waterslide decal sheet that adds a lot more details compared to the regular stickers/dry transfers that it comes with:
I bit pricey though, list price is 2,376 Yen, but I got mine at around $35. It's kinda worth it for me just for the waterslide alone.

-------

Got myself a Master Gundam to complement my God Gundam. These G Gundam kits are seriously as stable as a PS3 update:

While im on the last bit of Providence (OMG PANELINGING THIS BACKPACK AND DRAGOONS IS NUTS) I decided/impulse bought my next two kits to tide me over until Altron.

Hopefully I can complete them before summer is over here in two and a half weeks. Going to straight build Kimaris Vidar,buckled and bought it before a MG or 1/100. Will paint the Legilis, mostly the same colors but want to try some metalic gold, pure white, and "brilliant blue" paints I found as well.

Been like two years since my last HG but I think I want to try them more lately for more kit variety,

novenD

While im on the last bit of Providence (OMG PANELINGING THIS BACKPACK AND DRAGOONS IS NUTS) I decided/impulse bought my next two kits to tide me over until Altron.

Hopefully I can complete them before summer is over here in two and a half weeks. Going to straight build Kimaris Vidar,buckled and bought it before a MG or 1/100. Will paint the Legilis, mostly the same colors but want to try some metalic gold, pure white, and "brilliant blue" paints I found as well.

Been like two years since my last HG but I think I want to try them more lately for more kit variety,

You bought a Legilis!

:D

Congrats.

I wouldn't worry about the time involved; If you want you can probably do both kits in a weekend since you're straight building the Vidar.

I am so ready for more Iori Sei.

Gundam Build Fighters was the best new Gundam show since Turn A. Try was okay but failed to live up to season 1

Top Bottom