• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Launch Trailer

Manu

Well, Frau Engel was setup in The New Order to be the main villain on the second game so it makes sense to
tease Hitler on this one.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
7Q5NXCi.gif

MMmmmmmmmmmm

Shifty

That feeling when a developer isn't allowed to trailer tease their own game because spoilers.

Some of you lot need to segregate yourselves from the rest of the Internet if you're that serious about going in 100% blind.

sephi22

On that last shot

I’m guess that’s going to be a set of a propaganda movie or something, and not the real Hitler.
I have a real bad feeling that it's
one of the resistance member disguised as Hitler to make a fake speech. Like fake Aladeen in The Dictator (sorry that's the first example I could think of)

So what's the biggest update this one is bringing to the table? better visuals, new story? The first one looked pretty good for being early on in the current gen.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So what's the biggest update this one is bringing to the table? better visuals, new story? The first one looked pretty good for being early on in the current gen.
New engine so gunplay looks to be much more satisfying.

AJ_Wings

You can dual wield different weapons in each hand instead of being limited to one set for every weapon. And it's gonna be running on Doom 4's engine so that's a huge upgrade on perfomance & visuals.

And you get to shoot dumb evil cyber Nazis & Klansmen in the face who have essentially taken over the world!

Why would fake Hitler be sickly? Why would everyone in the room have acknowledged fake Hitler as though he were the real Hitler?

that's Hitler

He'd be sickly because weren't there rumors that he was ravaged with STDs, specifically syphilis? I assume they're just following that thread with this depiction.

CHC

Going to skip this trailer, I've already bought the game, so it only risks spoiling surprises.

I know what I'm in for here, and it's going to be awesome.

Is it just me? Or is the dismemberment in this one toned down a bit from TNO?

In the gameplay Ive seen it looks like they either stay intact completely, or gib (I think Ive seen head only gibs too)

You can dual wield different weapons in each hand instead of being limited to one set for every weapon. And it's gonna be running on Doom 4's engine so that's a huge upgrade on perfomance & visuals.

And you get to shoot dumb evil cyber Nazis & Klansmen in the face who have essentially taken over the world!

Oh, multi dual wield. I like.

Well, you could always shoot Nazis baddies in the face, that's what was so satisfying about The New Order. Adding Klansman is a plus, though.

Is it just me? Or is the dismemberment in this one toned down a bit from TNO?

In the gameplay Ive seen it looks like they either stay intact completely, or gib (I think Ive seen head only gibs too)

Seems consistent with TNO in that some guns are less messy than others. The assault rifle in TNO didn't dismember enemies unless you were dual-wielding and had a specific perk unlocked.

Seems consistent with TNO in that some guns are less messy than others. The assault rifle in TNO didn't dismember enemies unless you were dual-wielding and had a specific perk unlocked..

I just remember legs and half of torsos blasting apart in TNO but I dont think Ive seen any of that in the little bit of gameplay Ive seen of this game.

Top Bottom