• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ripple Dot Zero by Pixeltruss - Free 16 bit platformer in your browser

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Got this via Jaz Rignall at USGamer.net. It's a browser game in the style of old school 16bit platformers and it's really pretty great. The music is awesome, the graphics are lovely and it plays pretty well... going to try it with a controller later.

Anyway, I thought you guys would appreciate this.

Video here http://vimeo.com/66352855

Game here http://www.rippledotzero.com/

Did a search, found nothing, please kill me if old.

Gilby

This is really slick. It's pretty much just Genesis-era Sonic, but it's been a long time since we've had one of those. The presentation is spot on too.

Damn, that looks really fun, and pretty good... it's like Awesome Possum on super soldier serum and crazy Judge Dredd drugs from the future.

shahid should go tell this to be on Vita

Rulp

Played 3 levels and I got to say this is really good! Would love to see this developer bring their talent to a console.

qq more

Holy shit. This game is amazing. The gameplay reminds me of Sonic and Mega Man a bit. The music is fantastic, I'm getting some Sega Genesis vibes from it (the sfx totally sounds like straight from the Genesis too). And the sprite work is beautiful.

Is there an OST available?

Kokonoe

Banned
Now that I've beaten the game, I gotta say that throughout from start to finish this game is really well polished. There are multiple paths you can take in the levels, a lot of secrets, but what amazed me the most outside of the graphics and music was just how much attention to detail it has in the platforming itself. Usually I run into platformers that get quite annoying with the enemy layout, obstacles, and deathpits everywhere. However, this game has the right kind of layout where you aren't just dying all the time unlike stuff like Dimps Sonic games.

This is honestly the best indie platformer I've ever played, and hoping there will be more of this character and game in the future. Truly stunned by presentation and the level layouts, graphics, music, and level themes.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This is really damn good. I'm surprised that they selected Flash as the delivery platform, however, as everything about it is top notch except the framerate. This game deserves 60 fps like any good retro platformer. Aside from that, though, it's really really good. Definitely deserves some proper ports.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
This is really damn good. I'm surprised that they selected Flash as the delivery platform, however, as everything about it is top notch except the framerate. This game deserves 60 fps like any good retro platformer. Aside from that, though, it's really really good. Definitely deserves some proper ports.

Yeah, would love to exchange money for a nice console or standalone PC port.

Tain

The resolution is higher and the framerate is lower than your standard 16-bit platformer, probably not worth the tradeoff.

Like with many Euro platformers, I don't think the visuals are as good as any of the Genesis greats, but I like the music.

1upmuffin

Anyone else get bad glitches in chrome? Ripple labs 2 had a looped texture of the spring in the background, and I got an error after every level I completed.

The only glitch I had was when I tried to take it fullscreen, I couldn't return it back to it's original size. The screen shrunk down to the size of a Gameboy screen.

Lijik

Haha the keyboard controls are space to jump and ctrl to attack, it feels like im a kid playing Jazz Jackrabbit again.

The presentation is off the charts, the fake magazine ads used as posters in the room are such an inspired touch, and I love the secrets tracker (one of my favorite weird things from old dos/amiga/genesis/snes era platformers that died out in that era)

I would definitely pay for this game, its insane to me they're releasing it for free

JEKKI

I saw this on Destructoid who saw it on gaf who saw it on usgamer who saw it on Jaz Rignall?

Internet > GAF > Internet > GAF

I wanna play it now!

RM8

You guys don't lie, this is pretty good. I'm playing this with a controller, and MAN, I agree that I'd totally pay to have this on a
3D
System.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Just finished it. It's really damn good.

What really suprises me is how this game is free but it has this much polish. Can't wait to see more from these guys.

Top Bottom