• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Say whatever you want Kid Icarus for 3DS is fun. Also, don't try to get in the mind of Nintendo fanboys. That shit doesn't work. They have their controller in the other port lol

This is what I suspected. So why did they want it so bad?

My only guess is a combination of a few people looking at the game with rose-tinted glasses getting others to believe the game was great, people only looking at the game and feeling the desire to play it, then to top it off, the inclusion of Pit in Smash Brothers.

And, like Hypertrooper said, a new Kid Icarus would be a refreshing change from Nintendo's current line of games.

I think Nintendo ultimately decided to make a new one because it was almost like creating a new IP that they knew would be a hit.

You never had to watch any of that stuff.

Regardless, I still don't like that they decided to show off over half the game before it came out.

Even if I try to avoid that stuff (I remember not watching the Tip of the Spear footage, if you stay current with Halogaf, you are going to see and hear pretty much anything that's out there prior to release.
Also m.Neogaf.Com multiquote is so good.
Wow, so good.

They even included a specific tile for pinning for windows phone.

CyReN

meingewehrmibtn.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2G551KpNnA0#t=56s

That is all.

VIvXM.jpg

I never owned Kid Icarus for the NES. I remember playing through the very first level at a friend's house, but that was it. And I don't think it really hooked me. I did own The Goonies II, though! lol fun game actually.

The UNSC Infinity is reproducing environments for the Spartan IVs to train in. One of the maps is a Forerunner solar facility, which hasn't been found up to Halo 3. Does that mean Spartan Ops takes place after Halo 4's campaign, or is this an environment found between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 4?

The UNSC Infinity is reproducing environments for the Spartan IVs to train in. One of the maps is a Forerunner solar facility, which hasn't been found up to Halo 3. Does that mean Spartan Ops takes place after Halo 4's campaign, or is this an environment found between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 4?

I've read several times that
the chief will actually meet up with the spartan IV's from the infinity somewhere in the campaign, so I think it's safe to guess the spartan ops missions will take place slightly before or during the Halo 4 campaign.

Did you read Glasslands? If not, I'd recommend it to you. But lately I read comments at HaloWaypoint that Wraparound's solar facility is on Requiem, the shield world where the Chief is or will be. Is it true? Is it stated in the GameInformer article? I do not know.

Did you read Glasslands? If not, I'd recommend it to you. But lately I read comments at HaloWaypoint that Wraparound's solar facility is on Requiem, the shield world where the Chief is or will be. Is it true? Is it stated in the GameInformer article? I do not know.

I'm not a fan of Karen's writing style, so I haven't picked it up yet. 343 said I won't need to read the new novels to understand Halo 4, but I'm worried I won't appreciate the small details without reading them.

Is Glasslands an enjoyable read? I'd rather skim a plot synopsis than read the book solely for those details.

I'm not a fan of Karen's writing style, so I haven't picked it up yet. 343 said I won't need to read the new novels to understand Halo 4, but I'm worried I won't appreciate the small details without reading them.

Is Glasslands an enjoyable read? I'd rather skim a plot synopsis than read the book solely for those details.
It was enjoyable for me. And yeah I dislike her writing style too. I could never finish any of her Gears Of War or Republic Commando novels. Is there not a preview chapter available? Try to read it, if you do not like it, read a plot synopsis. At least to answer your hologram question:
At the end of Glasslands, ONI constructs a research facility on the Onyx Shield World or how it is called now: Trevelyan. I always thought that this is the source for the Forerunner-like maps in the Infinity Multiplayer.
But if Wraparound is truly set on Requiem, it means that ONI was already on Requiem which I can not believe.

The Witcher 2 is kicking my ass a lot. shit.

blamite

I have never tried the remale/reboots, so this is absolutely not a judgement on the actual game, but the relentless high level Nbots who got Kid Icarus resurrected after YEARS of campaigning still baffle me. I had the original when it first came out. Believe me, there was no following. They never even bothered with a sequel at the time.
5eMn1.png

This is what I suspected. So why did they want it so bad?
Because it's a cool premise with a lot of potential, potential which Uprising delivers on and then some.

wwm0nkey

In regards to the Kid Icarus comments I also do not understand why people wanted a sequel to it and I never played the original my self but Kid Icarus Uprising is fucking FUN!

Good online mode too.

FyreWulff

Halo Reclaimer trilogy was announced.

How the fuck did you even forg... ohh it's FyreWulff.

I'm only counting games that had demonstrations or actually intended to release before the next E3 came around across all 3 conferences. A short CGI trailer falls outside of those bounds.

I have never tried the remale/reboots, so this is absolutely not a judgement on the actual game, but the relentless high level Nbots who got Kid Icarus resurrected after YEARS of campaigning still baffle me. I had the original when it first came out. Believe me, there was no following. They never even bothered with a sequel at the time.

Same people that think Metroid is one of Nintendo's cornerstone franchises.

Don't forget the epic MW3 gameplay! Shit was exploding!

It was like war, but in 600 vertical lines of resolution

zlatko

Banned
Sword base is an alright map. I feel for team slayer it's a bit of a camp fest in the elevator shaft top room and the one adjacent.

On infection though it's an absolute blast haha. My buddy and I had one of THE funniest gaming moments together on Sword Base for infection. We were down by the air duct shaft that's in the long red tunnel at the bottom, and we had one other guy with us who was a random. We pushed him into the vent inch by inch as he tried to resist so he'd get shot up to a zombie waiting to slice him once he showed up. Dude dies and we break into laughter.

#assholes

Sword base is an alright map. I feel for team slayer it's a bit of a camp fest in the elevator shaft top room and the one adjacent.

On infection though it's an absolute blast haha. My buddy and I had one of THE funniest gaming moments together on Sword Base for infection. We were down by the air duct shaft that's in the long red tunnel at the bottom, and we had one other guy with us who was a random. We pushed him into the vent inch by inch as he tried to resist so he'd get shot up to a zombie waiting to slice him once he showed up. Dude dies and we break into laughter.

#assholes

Hahaha

That reminds of me of when I push people off the top of Spire.

Tawpgun

So two things about the Infinity Combat Room.

1. BTB. How the what. I'm assuming the simulation is nothing like the X-Men room. I think its going to be more akin to spartans being hooked up to something and their projections are really fighting. Otherwise I have no explanation how different shapes and physical objects can be formed from what seems like a holographic simulation.

2. Forge. Forge keeping in mind the infinity is supposed to be able to simulate a bunch of environments is very exciting.

Also, maps made around specific gametypes mmm... Halo 2 here we come.

Top Bottom