• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

LordofPwn

Crimson Doubles. Possible new game mode in the crucible which we may see in the February update.

EDIT: Pic!
Photo%20Jan%2009%2C%2012%2036%2044%20AM.jpg

chur

Crimson Doubles. Possible new game mode in the crucible which we may see in the February update.

Pic coming soon for source.
Sounds like double team with some extras added in for Valentine's Day. Didnt they have something similar for Halo 3?

NeOak

Sure, I'm down. Do you just have to be fireteam leader or how does it work?

It works fine if I'm just a fireteam member. Just gotta make sure whoever is the fireteam leader is in a good area.

What I do is set up a certain geo area that I want the game to get people from. However, I have to babysit the router because Destiny forces you people from outside the area you want if they are in a premade party and get matched, so you have to increase the radius of the area before the match starts, otherwise you get disconnected.

It is a bit annoying because being in Texas, Destiny likes to match me with laggy Mexicans and Crucible is a pain. So I have to force it to get East US people.

But we can give it a try tomorrow and I'll talk you through it.

It works fine if I'm just a fireteam member. Just gotta make sure whoever is the fireteam leader is in a good area.

What I do is set up a certain geo area that I want the game to get people from. However, I have to babysit the router because Destiny forces you people from outside the area you want if they are in a premade party and get matched, so you have to increase the radius of the area before the match starts, otherwise you get disconnected.

It is a bit annoying because being in Texas, Destiny likes to match me with laggy Mexicans and Crucible is a pain. So I have to force it to get East US people.

But we can give it a try tomorrow and I'll talk you through it.

Right on, sounds cool. Thanks for the help. I'm in Indianapolis, IN fwiw.

phen0m24

Big thanks to Knight, Zombie, Rollo, Robdraggoo, and Hawkian for the help with Challenge Mode tonight!!

Justin got 3 320 handcannons and got his Malice to 320. Said he was psyched with his drops.

Got that done now. Still have one character but whatever - can do it tomorrow or not. Have 2 ships and 2 emblems lol.

Oh, nice. That works.

Not really, if anything, you will get disconnected if you try anything funny.

Even then you are still kind of circumventing their shitty systems, in a manner that not everyone can do. That's just my opinion though, I highly value a level playing field. I also consider Hori pads and Keyboard+Mouse setups to be distasteful.

phen0m24

Hey guys.

Played a round of PvP with Rob and his wife tonight.

Ready?

(drumroll)

I got my first Reign of Terror. FIRST one. :)

21 kill streak. :)

Stormcaller master race on that one too OP don't tell Todd

ocean

Banned
Even then you are still kind of circumventing their shitty systems, in a manner that not everyone can do. That's just my opinion though, I highly value a level playing field. I also consider Hori pads and Keyboard+Mouse setups to be distasteful.
I'll chime in on this.

Hori pads with a turbo button or a KBM setup give you an advantage over your opponent. That's one thing. Setting geo filters to ensure a lobby with relatively good connection is as good for you as it is for your opponent - both parties are treated to a fair, less-laggy match.

I wish all the people I played against were using these routers - it'd mean I was selected as a viable opponent on the basis of having a decent ping against them. Those rare matches when the game doesn't lag and all your shots register - it's fucking beautiful.

It is a level playing field. Restricting geo locations means both teams are going to have better connections. It's worse to let Destiny screw one team over e.g. when matching an American team vs a Brazilian team then giving one team host for a huge advantage. Nothing level about that.

Can't compare to something like M+K when one player has abilities nobody else has. Netduma is giving the same benefit that you get to the teams you match against, more level than not using one.

Edit: Ocean on point.

I'll chime in on this.

Hori pads with a turbo button or a KBM setup give you an advantage over your opponent. That's one thing. Setting geo filters to ensure a lobby with relatively good connection is as good for you as it is for your opponent - both parties are treated to a fair, less-laggy match.

I wish all the people I played against were using these routers - it'd mean I was selected as a viable opponent on the basis of having a decent ping against them. Those rare matches when the game doesn't lag and all your shots register - it's fucking beautiful.

It is a level playing field. Restricting geo locations means both teams are going to have better connections. It's worse to let Destiny screw one team over e.g. when matching an American team vs a Brazilian team then giving one team host for a huge advantage. Nothing level about that.

Can't compare to something like M+K when one player has abilities nobody else has. Netduma is giving the same benefit that you get to the teams you match against, more level than not using one.

When I say level playing field I mean across the board. The team you are facing benefits just as much as you I agree. The issue I have is that it allows for a completely different experience than the rest of the playerbase. It's not nearly as bad as the other two things I mentioned and it definitely doesn't give you an edge, but it just doesn't seem right that one group can run a less laggy game than the average player as the result of outside factors.

ocean

Banned
When I say level playing field I mean across the board. The team you are facing benefits just as much as you I agree. The issue I have is that it allows for a completely different experience than the rest of the playerbase. It's not nearly as bad as the other two things I mentioned and it definitely doesn't give you an edge, but it just doesn't seem right that one group can run a less laggy game than the average player as the result of outside factors.
Well that's like saying I shouldn't buy a good TV or a really comfy couch or great headset to enjoy my game because not everyone can. I'm improving my experience without diminishing anyone else's - and in this case actually contributing to enhance my opponents' when we match together.

I see your point and I'll respect your opinion l, but I'll leave it at "I can't say I agree at all".

Well that's like saying I shouldn't buy a good TV or a really comfy couch or great headset to enjoy my game because not everyone can. I'm improving my experience without diminishing anyone else's - and in this case actually contributing to enhance my opponents' when we match together.

I see your point and I'll respect your opinion l, but I'll leave it at "I can't say I agree at all".

Those things affect the player but not the game though. I think I've overstated my position. It doesn't bother me all that much, and I wouldn't suggest an asterisk is put on any accomplishments made while using something like this. I just think it's a little funky.

LTWood12

Big thanks to Knight, Zombie, Rollo, Robdraggoo, and Hawkian for the help with Challenge Mode tonight!!

Justin got 3 320 handcannons and got his Malice to 320. Said he was psyched with his drops.

Got that done now. Still have one character but whatever - can do it tomorrow or not. Have 2 ships and 2 emblems lol.

So glad you got it done! Sorry I couldn't make it. Had to take a break after our run and play some Life is Strange with Mrs Lt

deadduck

Some observations on the duma and Destiny.

I like watching the geo map live on the duma as the game MM, you can see a dot appear as it tests the connection. If it cannot connect (outside of geo range or blacklisted) it will be removed from MM pool.

You can see the range getting bigger as it MMs and it happens very fast.

The range can be troublesome, here in the UK to reach California where I have friends with excellent connections I need to open the range up to 11k miles, but that 11k will also include most of Africa, the middle East and Russia... People that have the most questionable connections.

I've left my 3k limit for IB on when I joined a party of mixed UK/US people. PSN proxied their voice and I could hear everyone, but they couldn't hear me. Elitist prick did call me a douche because he thought the silence was bidirectional, it wasn't.

The 'ping assist' does nothing for Destiny.

You cannot exploit the blacklist by blocking people live and hope Destiny kicks them, they get an advantage and you will lose no matter how good you are. I tested this on a group of friends in sweaties, for science.

You can bandwidth throttle, like with most routers but your fireteam will suffer even if you are a bit lag advantaged.

You also will still get some laggy games, I think it proxies some people in fireteams that have members outside your range to large fast nodes or other clients. So its not 100%.

The only way this is unfair is that it reduces the global pool of players. Matches will take longer and the people you get to play with someone closer, but they can still have a crap connection. I've paid £120 to not play people in Russia and Saudi. I'm OK with this.

The server instance delivery system is Destiny's biggest achievement for Bungie, it saves them so much money on servers and allows the game to be sub free. For player PvP experience this system is the single biggest failure and needs to be addressed in some way by September.

Anyone else need 1 more for trials? Barely anyone's playing. I want to get to 5 and finish off my gold bounty.

I think X is doing a card with Dan and Hammon now, I'm still down for some more Trials whenever if we can get a 3rd.

Just got DSFix installed and working with Dark Souls. 60 FPS at 1920x1080 resolution, w00t w00t. I need to google around for some other good mods, I think there are some high res texture packs or something.

Anyway, I'll be playing a little Souls in the meantime while keeping an eye on the thread in case we get a 3rd.

Stantron

Ok, so I had 49/50 calcified fragments on my Titan. I verified this by checking the Dreadnaught destination on the map. I had not completed Oryx challenge mode until tonight (did it on hard). Shouldn't I have received my last calcified fragment, and then the insight grimoire as well? Is this shit glitched?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ok, so I had 49/50 calcified fragments on my Titan. I verified this by checking the Dreadnaught destination on the map. I had not completed Oryx challenge mode until tonight. Shouldn't I have received my last calcified fragment, and then the insight grimoire as well? Is this shit glitched?
Check DestinyGhostHunter.net

maomaoIYP

I think X is doing a card with Dan and Hammon now, I'm still down for some more Trials whenever if we can get a 3rd.

Just got DSFix installed and working with Dark Souls. 60 FPS at 1920x1080 resolution, w00t w00t. I need to google around for some other good mods, I think there are some high res texture packs or something.

Anyway, I'll be playing a little Souls in the meantime while keeping an eye on the thread in case we get a 3rd.

Drizz we got a third, firing up the party.

Ok, so I had 49/50 calcified fragments on my Titan. I verified this by checking the Dreadnaught destination on the map. I had not completed Oryx challenge mode until tonight (did it on hard). Shouldn't I have received my last calcified fragment, and then the insight grimoire as well? Is this shit glitched?

Only if you completed the challenge requirements. Killing oryx is not enough, you must kill him by detonating all 16 bombs at the same time.

Did you get the second loot chest with the challenge mode rewards, emblem and raid ship? If not then you did not complete the challenge.

If you did, then the fragment should have been credited to your character. Never heard of it being glitched.

Destiny tracker/ghost hunter counts your fragments account wise, not character wise. So if you picked up a fragment on an alt but did not have it on your main (titan), it will still show up unlocked on the site.

Check the actual number of fragments your titan has by looking at the lower left corner when you select the dreadnaught from the director.

Stantron

Only if you completed the challenge requirements. Killing oryx is not enough, you must kill him by detonating all 16 bombs at the same time.

Did you get the second loot chest with the challenge mode rewards, emblem and raid ship? If not then you did not complete the challenge.

If you did, then the fragment should have been credited to your character. Never heard of it being glitched.

Destiny tracker/ghost hunter counts your fragments account wise, not character wise. So if you picked up a fragment on an alt but did not have it on your main (titan), it will still show up unlocked on the site.

Check the actual number of fragments out titan has by looking at the lower left corner when you select the dreadnaught from the director.

Yup, I killed him via the challenge method, got the 320 rewards, ship and emblems.
I had not done this on any other character previously.
The last time CM Oryx was happening 3 weeks ago, I was in a group trying to do the challenge kill but we failed. We stayed in the raid through reset, but still did not kill him. I wonder if that screwed things up. After reset, bringing up the ghost hud, it showed warpriest instead of oryx even though we stayed. This should not be what's the problem though. It wasn't until I checked ghosthunter.net that I saw I had the oryx calcified fragment even though I had not completed it.

Yea we just finished our card.

As for DkS1, I downloaded these 3 and love them:

High Res UI and Subtitles
Flora Overhaul
HD Texture Pack

Great run Feetie and Trout, one of the easiest cards in recent memory (5-1, 5-0, 5-1, 5-1, 5-0, 5-2, 5-2). We didn't match Kraftyy but our final boss was from members of his Elusive Bowlcuts clan so that was pretty fun. Note to self: try to wave off heavy more often, it might just work.

The firebolt spam was too real, ridiculous. I'm seriously considering changing from BDancer to Sunsinger when helping w carries from now on.

Yea we just finished our card.

As for DkS1, I downloaded these 3 and love them:

High Res UI and Subtitles
Flora Overhaul
HD Texture Pack

Awesome, thanks bro! I'll get these downloaded and running ASAP. It's been years since my last DS1 playthrough so I'm definitely feeling the hype being able to play it in such an awesome way now. Cannot wait for DS3 release on PC....

edit: also, that throwing knife for the 1v3 clutch was beautiful! Feetie was bringing all the MLG Gunslinger plays during our run- perfectly timed golden guns, sticking fools with tripmines and throwing knives...

WeTeHa

I'll be available most of the day tomorrow. I'll definitely be free tomorrow around this time to run it.

Nice, will add you. Looking forward to it.

Trying again. :)

Normal Kings Fall

I'd be up for a NM KF raid over the weekend. I've only done the stuff up to the warpriest once, so we definitely need someone with experience. Although we'd have to change the timeslot to something like afternoon (CST), because I'm GMT+1 and it was 5 am where I live when you were asking last. Otherwise I'd have definitely joined.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Destiny 2 should have a lobby system where you can see the strength of your opponent's connection and what region they are from before playing against them. Every single fighting game today has it.

thenexus6

I am tempted to pick up the Taken King as its on sale at the moment. I had vanilla Destiny got to level 16/8 and stopped playing.

If there a competitive multiplayer mode thats a little more causal than what I see on streams?

maomaoIYP

For some reason my last snipe didn't work, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQEmT5AAno8
Shit, this is amazing!

Great run Feetie and Trout, one of the easiest cards in recent memory (5-1, 5-0, 5-1, 5-1, 5-0, 5-2, 5-2). We didn't match Kraftyy but our final boss was from members of his Elusive Bowlcuts clan so that was pretty fun. Note to self: try to wave off heavy more often, it might just work.
edit: also, that throwing knife for the 1v3 clutch was beautiful! Feetie was bringing all the MLG Gunslinger plays during our run- perfectly timed golden guns, sticking fools with tripmines and throwing knives...

Thanks again for the run Drizz, it's always an easy card with you man. You missed getting unbroken in one of the early matches by just 3 kills.
This was my perspective for that tripmine clutch. I didn't even realized I was last man standing until I killed off the second guy.

https://youtu.be/fY4ni_a4jpk

Tri4

Nice, will add you. Looking forward to it.

I'd be up for a NM KF raid over the weekend. I've only done the stuff up to the warpriest once, so we definitely need someone with experience. Although we'd have to change the timeslot to something like afternoon (CST), because I'm GMT+1 and it was 5 am where I live when you were asking last. Otherwise I'd have definitely joined.
Same position as you lol, GMT+1 here and I've done the raid up to golgoroth (we entered the room and then had to disband). So if anyone wants to take me along that would be cool.

Since a lot of people seem to want to do the older content again, I haven't done Skolas yet so if two other people also want to do it, hit me up.

I don't mind doing VoG and CE again for fun (though I'm pretty cloudy) if someone needs to get their checklists ticked/NTTE.

Top Bottom