• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Instructions Not Included (2013) |OT| No se Aceptan Devoluciones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

Has any one of you watched or is going to watch the movie Instructions Not Included?

OwDQ2PL.jpg

Director: Eugenio Derbez
Writers: Guillermo Ríos, Leticia López Margalli, Eugenio Derbez(contributing writer)
Cast: Eugenio Derbez, Jessica Lindsey, Loreto Peralta, Daniel Raymont, Alessandra Rosaldo, Hugo Stiglitz, Sammy Pérez, Arcelia Ramírez, Agustín Bernal, Karla Souza, +Click to see full cast and crew+

APusPfY.jpg

Synopsis:
Valentin (Eugenio Derbez) is Acapulco's resident playboy-until a former fling leaves a baby on his doorstep and takes off without a trace. Valentin leaves Mexico for Los Angeles to find the baby's mother, but only ends up finding a new home for himself and his newfound daughter, Maggie (Loreto Peralta). An unlikely father figure, Valentin raises Maggie for six years, while also establishing himself as one of Hollywood's top stuntmen to pay the bills, with Maggie acting as his on-set coach. As Valentin raises Maggie, she forces him to grow up too. But their unique and offbeat family is threatened when Maggie's birth mom shows up out of the blue, and Valentin realizes he's in danger of losing his daughter- and his best friend. (c) Official Facebook
Trailer

5plOgLJ.jpg
InstructionsNotIncluded8.jpg

Box Office Mojo - IMDb - Rotten Tomatoes

It seems like a really fun movie so I might go watch it later on today.

oni_saru

Ah so ths was the movie my friend went to see yesterday. she mentioned it and i had no idea what she was talking about.

so Eugenio breaking out into US? i remember he was briefly in that other film with Eva what's her last name.

Avixph

Ah so ths was the movie my friend went to see yesterday. she mentioned it and i had no idea what she was talking about.

so Eugenio breaking out into US? i remember he was briefly in that other film with Eva what's her last name.
No his first US film was Jack and Jill, but I hope this one does better for him and the rest of the cast.

Jhoan

Yo no ha visto esta pelicula pero suena bien. It has a good premise. A quick Google search reveals a handful of theatres that are showing it in NYC. Haven't seen a movie in theatres in about 3 years or so but movies like these stand out more to me than the latest super hero flick or the latest movie featuring a bankable big star.

Avixph

Yo no ha visto esta pelicula pero suena bien. It has a good premise. A quick Google search reveals a handful of theatres that are showing it in NYC. Haven't seen a movie in theatres in about 3 years or so but movies like these stand out more to me than the latest super hero flick or the latest movie featuring a bankable big star.
Yep definitely.

Chavelo

Makes me really happy to see Eugenio make it to the big time (well, at least in the indie sense :p). Grew up watching all of his shows on Mexican television. Dude's a legend to me. Gonna catch this as soon as I have the time. :D

bort

lunchtoast

Just wanted to update this and mention it's now on Netflix. While the film is a bit rough and has a similar setup to a telnovella, it's funny and worth checking out. The main actor/protag is great. Plus it has that Johnny Depp impersonator Danny Lopez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom