• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe: Plains of Eidolon |OT| Certified Free Range

According to the dev streams this update is supposed to come with a lot of game-wide performance optimizations as well, not just limited to this new landscape feature.

The new nunchucks and their endless stance combos are so god damned much fun. Seriously recommended for ridiculous shit-eating-grin amazingness.

The rapiers are also super deadly, and easy to combo. And gunblades.

If you're looking for interesting new melee weapons to try out.

Yeah, all I tried was the default Bo Staff.
The bow and arrow is super fun to use, but I wasn't feeling the melee stuff. Nunchucks sound fun though.

I was listening to their creative director talk about the game while streaming to periscope and he said this update has 29 word pages worth of changes. Crazy!

Can you access this without reaching any particular milestone? If not, what is it?

Edit: oh, ps4 when?

November expected, and you just have to make it to earth. The plains increase in difficulty the further from town you get.

I was listening to their creative director talk about the game whole streaming to periscope and he said this update has 29 word pages worth of changes. Crazy!

Yes, added to the top post now that it's available.

Isn't this update also supposed to include some changes to sniper rifles? Or was that already patched in previously? IIRC the devs talked about adding a default punch-through and maybe changing the way sniper shot combos deteriorate?

Yeah, all I tried was the default Bo Staff.
The bow and arrow is super fun to use, but I wasn't feeling the melee stuff. Nunchucks sound fun though.
The Paris? Are you pinning enemies into walls? If so there are a few other ones with different damage types to play with too. The Cernos does impact/knockdown while another bow that's deviously hard to acquire, the Dread, eviscerates.

Those are the big three but there are other variations and a few new ones too that I haven't tested yet.

All are perfect stealth weapons, work great even when fired on the hip and on the move, and can be modded to become critical damage dealing monstrosities.

qcf x2

No, and probably that won't ever happen again. But it will come to consoles next month once us PC players work out all of the real serious bugs.

That sucks. I'm probably never turning on my PS4 again so I guess I'll download Warframe when I feel like going through the grind again.

FeArTriX

The sounds effect are amazing

dAO80er.jpg

Strider

Can't wait to get home to dig through the patch notes and get to playing.

Need to get Gara and the Astilla asap :D

Zafir

Well first impressions aren't the best. I grouped up with my friends, we selected to go down to Cetus and ended up in different instances. That seems to stop you from even being able to get through the door since it just says "Waiting for other players" but since you're in different instances you can never activate the gate opening. xD

Can get into the open world solo though.

Ah well, early days I guess. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Naite

I trailed off while reading that gigantic changelog. Not sure what I should start off with first. I'm so used to dealing with their smaller updates

Ronin Ray

This is out already? Can I transfer PS4 account to PC? I'm scared of starting over.

I am in the same boat. I have no desire to play this on PS4 again but I would love to try it on PC but I don't want to start over. Looks like that's never going to happen though

I haven't played at all since The War Within, but put a massive amount of time in the game before that (reached 21 MR if that tells you anything). How many new quests are there now, two or three? I'm actually excited to dig into all the new content at once.

You know, so the wait times during part construction don't kill me...

thumb

Banned
Isn't this update also supposed to include some changes to sniper rifles? Or was that already patched in previously? IIRC the devs talked about adding a default punch-through and maybe changing the way sniper shot combos deteriorate?

The Paris? Are you pinning enemies into walls? If so there are a few other ones with different damage types to play with too. The Cernos does impact/knockdown while another bow that's deviously hard to acquire, the Dread, eviscerates.

Those are the big three but there are other variations and a few new ones too that I haven't tested yet.

All are perfect stealth weapons, work great even when fired on the hip and on the move, and can be modded to become critical damage dealing monstrosities.

There have indeed been extensive changes to all sniper weapons. Check the release notes for PoE, listed on front page of the Warframe Reddit.

I am in the same boat. I have no desire to play this on PS4 again but I would love to try it on PC but I don't want to start over. Looks like that's never going to happen though

Steve addressed that today while he was on Periscope. He said the reason that it's not possible had to do with the contracts with console manufacturers.

Tabby

Anyone having any luck finding the Quills or whatever to unlock the Focus tree?

I found a door in town but it’s locked.

Maybe I'll try some actual sniper weapons now, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that people can get them to work fine but I never saw the appeal with the hallway maps in the game. It's why I've been sticking to my Kohm shotgun to tear everything up.

So i'm thinking of getting into this game on PS4 and I have a question.

Should I just wait till this update hits consoles or is there a benefit to jumping in now? It just seems like such a big change that I don't want to get accustomed to the old version just in time for this big update to hit

So i'm thinking of getting into this game on PS4 and I have a question.

Should I just wait till this update hits consoles or is there a benefit to jumping in now? It just seems like such a big change that I don't want to get accustomed to the old version just in time for this big update to hit

It's only one zone. There will plenty to do in the old zones so it would be a good idea to get a handle on the game and the mechanics and start getting frames ready for the update on consoles.

BigEmil

When is this available on PS4?

I know this is a long gamble but, have they by any chance changed the art style?

edit: just seen, November, oh well....
Hopefully the optimisation they did for consoles with this update for this game is good as they mentioned as it was sorely needed

It's only one zone. There will plenty to do in the old zones so it would be a good idea to get a handle on the game and the mechanics and start getting frames ready for the update on consoles.

oh ok i gotcha, sorry I thought it was like a total shift to like open world stuff. Cool tho thanks :)

Naite

Got 4/5 of the way into the hardest bounty and got kicked off due to network not responding. I really hope I dont have to do that all over again.

Zafir

Is it out yet? I haven't received the update on Steam.

It's through the client itself, not through steam. Launch it and it'll download.

Got 4/5 of the way into the hardest bounty and got kicked off due to network not responding. I really hope I dont have to do that all over again.

My friends and I started with the easiest one, we got to stage 3/3 which was capture a guy. I pressed X to capture the person and it didn't count. He disappeared as if he'd been captured though and the quest just bugged out. Had to exit out the area.

After getting back to town, I got disconnected and can't get back in.

Great start, think I might just leave it for them to get some fixes out. xD

"Got 4/5 of the way into the hardest bounty and got kicked off due to network not responding. I really hope I dont have to do that all over again."

You are definitely going to have to do it again.

Already almost 100k concurrent on Steam, and the game is also playable through their own client as well.

Top Bottom