• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour for 3DS delayed until 2014

Thomper

Thought this would be a fall release for the 3DS, but the latest investor briefing shows that the game has apparently been pushed to 2014. :( Was looking forward to it, but I guess there's still plenty of other great 3DS-games this year.
18l.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130612/02.html

Raven77

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooOOoOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(someone do the vader gif please, at work. This is vitaly important.)

Weird. I expected it to be the major first-party release in July, or maybe September. I wonder how long they'll delay it into 2014 - anything past March would be strange, unless they really don't have that many 2014 3DS titles in the works because they're focusing on Wii U.

Although honestly, with Zelda and Pokemon games coming this fall to the 3DS, Nintendo probably didn't need anything else to meet their fiscal year expectations, hence the move.

NotLiquid

Not sure if that's a good thing considering 3DS is going to have to leverage the Wii U. Then again Pokemon and Zelda are pretty big deals.

Yawnier

Banned
Already enough titles coming out for the 3DS this year IMO. I also haven't picked up AC: New Leaf of Luigi's Mansion 2 yet, so its not like I'm starving for new games on the system either.

Trevelyan

Banned
Wait, is Mario Party and Zelda really launching on the same day?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't read the chart correct. But they both are releasing in November.

Thomper

Not sure if that's a good thing considering 3DS is going to have to leverage the Wii U. Then again Pokemon and Zelda are pretty big deals.
Yeah, they still have Mario Party, Pokémon and Zelda in the fall, which are all much bigger than Mario Golf probably, so they should be fine. They also pushed back Brain Training 3DS to fall in Europe, to give it some more prominent marketing.

It's a shame we'll have to wait longer for Mario Golf, but I guess I can understand if Nintendo wants to use it to plug a gap in early 2014.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dear Nintendo,

CANCEL THIS AND PUT IT ON WII U.

Thanks.

NateDrake

Feels like no Nintendo release is on solid ground. I bet Zelda gets delayed, too.

For realsies. Nintendo holiday NPDs am cry.

Pokemon alone will make 3DS NPD great.

I would not be surprised if they purposely delayed the title to 2014 just to have something to release then.

Cheebo

Banned
For realsies. Nintendo holiday NPDs am cry.

Huh? Pokémon, Mario Party, and Zelda all within a month of each other this fall on 3DS. Biggest lineup they ever had for it. Fall 2013 is a much bigger lineup in terms of sales potential for 3DS than what they have for 2014.

Well, I guess I don't have to buy another game 3DS game until 2014. Shame.
A 3DS owner with no interest in Mario RPG's, Zelda games, or Pokémon?

Glass Rebel

Would have been a good title for September between M&L and Pokémon but oh well. I do hope they take the additional time to add an RPG mode and I actually might grab it.

On the other hand, this just keeps Camelot from working on Golden Sun :(

Busaiku

Mario Party and The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds on the same day?
Mario Party should've probably been a September release.

Sleepy

Huh? Pokémon, Mario Party, and Zelda all within a month of each other this fall on 3DS. Biggest lineup they ever had for it. Fall 2013 is a much bigger lineup in terms of sales potential for 3DS than what they have for 2014.

A 3DS owner with no interest in Mario RPG's, Zelda games, or Pokémon?

Burned out, really; though I never played a Pokemon game, the new Zelda doesn't look my bag, and I just don't really like the Mario RPGs. No problems, though. I don't mind my 3DS just being an Animal Crossing machine.

wrowa

Didn't they originally announce it for Summer? That's a rather drastic delay.

I've got to admit, I don't like Nintendo's first party line-up for the rest of the year if that is indeed all there is. The new Zelda looks kinda mediocre to me (just like the DS games) and I couldn't give a shit about Mario Party. Mario & Luigi is interesting, though.

I hope Bravely Default and SMTIV will really be released this year in Europe.

m0t0k1

I am fine as long as they add in a RPG mode. Or else it is a no buy. I still play toadstool tour so i don't need another one in the same style.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Considering how packed the lineup is this year, and that they confirmed Zelda for November, no problem actually.

Pokemon is out on a thursday in NA and Zelda is out on a monday?

Weird.

Edit: Ah, I misread it. Still, Pokemon is a Saturday. Still weird that it isn't the usual sunday norm.

Bladenic

Great end of year for 3DS.

Sucks that Mario Party only has local multi (unless they announced differently recently). That would have been a buy with online. Mario Golf better have online.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I don't think adding a RPG mode is difficult, you have the models, the characters, only missing a school/club map and be done, top down view so no problems with the camera.

This delay makes me think it will be that.
please be the rpg mode

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Pokemon is out on a thursday in NA and Zelda is out on a monday?

Weird.

Edit: Ah, I misread it. Still, Pokemon is a Saturday. Still weird that it isn't the usual sunday norm.

It's strange for US and EU, but not Japan: Saturday is the day for massive major releases (main Pokémon, main Dragon Quest).

Top Bottom