• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA giving out free game on Origin (Spore, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: BC2)

jokkir

For their one year anniversary.

I just got this email:
i5uDWZcT97nSb.png

Not sure if this is for existing members or if it'll work for new members as well. Also, check your spam folder!

And it looks like there's a sale going on as well:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en...L_OCRM64&om_u=2310239194&om_i=_BP4l_KB8ji3iRg

(sorry if old)

Eusis

Yeah, definitely makes that "Steam devalues games" guy look like a lone person among the EA/Origin staff.

Checking their 50% off deal I'm kind of annoyed that they seem to be limiting it only to specific types of games clustered together. Guess you can't possibly want to pre-order Sim City than get Mass Effect 3 for half off! Though nothing really interests me ENOUGH (always online requirement, already having Sim City 4 on Steam, already had my fill of ME3 on 360) so I guess that's just typical internet whining on my part.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's US and Canada. I got the mail and I'm from Quebec, so yeah.

I already have BC2 on Steam, so tell me GAF, Spore or Dragon Age?

oatmeal

Banned
Anyone know if it's for new accounts, too?

I'm on a Mac, how do I get these without going into Boot Camp...or do I have to do that? I want me some Battlefield 2: BC

Deadbeat

Banned
Sweet Ima get Bad Company 2 again because I lost it the first time because I was an idiot. Gotta stop using 10minutemail accounts.

Holy Wars

Banned
This is why Origin will always be a failure in my mind and I'm not talking about the free games. Treat you're customers as equals, same goes for Apple. It's always US this and US that, when was the last time Australia got anything?

Eusis

Yeah, when it comes to the free deal I still haven't gotten anything. Maybe just a rare few lucky people got it, I'm not sure whether I'd pick Bad Company 2 or Spore anyway. Probably Spore, I've got more unique FPSes to play through if I want that badly enough.
bububu i already own all of these
Bet you have the best chance of getting this email.

Cimarron

Don't think so. Unless someone gives you the promo code.

=( Well if there is a EA/Origin employee reading this thread.... sod off! A free game would have at least got me to download your service and might have scored you a impulse buy or two at your horrible prices.

No email here. I'm wondering if its only to people that have bought a game directly through Origin? I got BF3 so I've got Origin but otherwise have never bought anything directly through it.

Derrick01

Banned
I put spore on my account since it's the only I don't currently have. I played it back when it came out though due to the insane hype it got and it's one of the worst games I ever played. 2 hours of the most simple minigames until you get to space then there's nothing but infinitely respawning basic events.

Looking back on the hype it got now it's just hilarious. It was billed as some massive game changer just because Wright was working on it.

Omikaru

Oh god they're devaluing those games!

Came here to post this. First reply nails it again.

Maybe I'll take a free EA game when they celebrate their first year back on Steam. Until then I'll watch on from the UK as only Americans get this deal.

Top Bottom