• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Namco Anime titles pop up in online stores (Naruto UNS3 PC, new(?) Saint Seiya)

Varth

Spotted in Amazon.it and IBS.it. Asked NB to comment, answer was basically "Nothing now, I hope to have more news in coming weeks". Dates seem to be real for RPGs, could be placeholder for anime titles.
(SOURCE is actually me, but all relevant info is there)

Naruto UNS3 Full Burst seems to be a collected edition, but the interesting part is that it's listed for PC, too, adding to the name popping up on Steam Registry not so long ago.

Saint Seiya Wars seems to be a new game, however. No clue on that.

Also, I think there wasn't a firm EU relase date for Guided Fate Paradox (24/10) and Disgaea D2 (26/9).

Takao

Banned
Somewhat related: Namco Bandai EU kind of pissed me off. They teased a new Dragon Ball game reveal back in March if the fandom got 100,000 likes on their EU DB Facebook page. They reached that in April, and I'm guessing the PR department underestimated fans because their response was basically, "Uh, thanks for the likes! The new game will be revealed in the future!" with no response since.

Somewhat related: Namco Bandai EU kind of pissed me off. They teased a new Dragon Ball game reveal back in March if the fandom got 100,000 likes on their EU DB Facebook page. They reached that in April, and I'm guessing the PR department underestimated fans because their response was basically, "Uh, thanks for the likes! The new game will be revealed in the future!" with no response since.

After Ultimate Tenkaichi maybe thats a good idea. I want a new DBZ game but not if it follows the same formula as the last one.

Takao

Banned
After Ultimate Tenkaichi maybe thats a good idea. I want a new DBZ game but not if it follows the same formula as the last one.

The new game is coming out this year. Namco Bandai has hinted that last year's weak Dragon Ball releases (the Budokai HD Collection, and a repackaging of UT for Kinect) were to give the developers some time to actually deliver. If they give Spike Chunsoft another opportunity after their trash this gen I'm done buying console Dragon Ball games.

wwm0nkey

PC Naruto would look TOO GOOD. Did Dark Souls really convert Namco to PC like that?!

I mean it did a really good job (even though Durante saved it) so might as well see what else will work. Guessing if Naruto does well we will see more of this.

Lulubop

Naruto was added to the steam registry awhile back iirc. They were hinting an announcement around the time, and people thought it was the PC version but it turned to be just DLC I'm pretty sure.

The new game is coming out this year. Namco Bandai has hinted that last year's weak Dragon Ball releases (the Budokai HD Collection, and a repackaging of UT for Kinect) were to give the developers some time to actually deliver. If they give Spike Chunsoft another opportunity after their trash this gen I'm done buying console Dragon Ball games.

I really hope they deliver! Each time I look at UT and want to buy but each time I remember the rock papers, scissors system and stop myself.

Would love it if they announce it at E3.

A Naruto game on PC is gonna look freaking amazing.

The game pretty much looks like an anime even with all the aliasing, can't wait to see how it looks super sampled

Tecl0n

The rumor has been going around for months now, and the registry as far as i know, has been updated recently. It has to happen.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the Anime part. I still want that Berserk game to happen. It would be the perfect timing too with the movies coming out at the same time.

Damnit! DO IT! lol

Varth

Amazon links have been removed. What does it mean?!

I contacted Namco as per standard procedure to get the obvious "no comment". Of course, this means that after a couple seconds they were able to locate the source of the leak and get it down.

We got a couple screen captures before asking. The same ones you can find everywhere, credited to this thread or any other site who relinked them, usually.

Top Bottom