• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week’s Japanese mag news ( Gundam 0079 Wii )

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

July 26th:
PS3 MinGol5
PS3 Wangan Midnight
360 Oblivion
Wii Gundam 0079
Wii Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
DS Taiko no Tatsujin

Bunch of new DS games (& non-games):
Soroban DS
Tantei Jinguuji Saburou DS
Inshoku (Food and Drink)
Suji Trainer Navi (Muscle/Calorie? Trainer Navi)
Somurie DS
Nihon Moji 100 Selection (Japanese Literature 100 Selection)
Suiri Shosetsu (Mystery Novel)
Sekai Meisaku (World Masterpiece)
Island Rufin
Onsei Kanjou Souteiki
Itsuwari no Rinpukyoku
Ishoku Sakka (Unique Author)
Chomeijin (Celebrity)
Touch Bomberman Land
Yugioh Card Almanac
Sake Takumi (Sake Workman?)
Bartender DS

angelfly

Another Gundam for Wii and SCAD Hammer is still not in the US yet. I'm seriously gonna have to start importing.

jj984jj

norinrad21 said:
Release date?
July 26th

castle007 said:
wait, so this is the 79th Gundam game?? :p
No, it's based on the original series.

Jonnyram said:
July 26 is getting busy already:
PS3 MinGol5
PS3 Wangan Midnight
360 Oblivion
Wii Gundam 0079
Wow, 2 PS3 games in one week? That's expected.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
why dont you let people like duckroll or jonnyram handle JP mag news threads? I dont get what's the point of trying to be the first to post news, specially when you dont have a firm grasp of the language.

not trying to be an ass just saying.

Gundam 0079 looks a lot like The Ace Pilot on the Gamecube, actually.*

*This is not a jab at the Wii, since The Ace Pilot was an awesome game.

jj984jj

Error said:
why dont you let people like duckroll or jonnyram handle JP mag news threads? I dont get what's the point of trying to be the first to post news, specially when you dont have a firm grasp of the language.

not trying to be an ass just saying.
I saw the scan on 2ch before it was posted here, it's not like you need to know a language to make a thread.

Speevy said:
Looks better than Gundam Crossfire.
Anything is better than Gundam Crossfire.

But if they can retain the greatness that was Ace Pilot for the GC and have waggle controls... best gundam game ever. My JP Wii is crying with tears of happiness over this news.

Jonnyram

jj984jj said:
I saw the scan on 2ch before it was posted here, it's not like you need to know a language to make a thread.
I guess we can leave the rest of this week's news in your capable hands then :)
Right, off to play some WoW.

jj984jj

I guess even MAKING a thread is wrong, certainly prevents others from posting. Will not make any in the future.

Bebpo

Banned
distantmantra said:
0079 is super popular in Japan. It's a lot like Star Wars or Star Trek to the Japanese.

Actually, 0079 games aren't selling that well anymore because people are getting pretty sick of only 0079 games. One Year War bombed and Crossfire is sorta bombish. Will be interesting if this sells, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't bet on this one selling more than 50-70k or so opening week.

Bebpo said:
Actually, 0079 games aren't selling that well anymore because people are getting pretty sick of only 0079 games. One Year War bombed and Crossfire is sorta bombish. Will be interesting if this sells, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't bet on this one selling more than 50-70k or so opening week.

Sorry about that, I should've clarified what I meant by popular, I know the games aren't selling well (damn shame that One Year War bombed), but the original Gundam property itself is still popular in Japan.

Sikaffy

Banned
Best looking wii game ever.

July 26 is getting busy already:
PS3 MinGol5
PS3 Wangan Midnight
360 Oblivion
Wii Gundam 0079

Wtf? So.. Exists a law that prohibits to publish the American/European games in Japan in time?

jj984jj

Alright, I promise not to make another in the future, a news thread without updated news is obviously not worth making. I saw the scan on 2ch and figured the Team ICO stuff was fake due to the change on nekogagotoku's blog earlier, so I made a new thread. It's useless to even try to help even without knowing the language, it doesn't get appreciated (seems to get the opposite reaction... probably because of my run-ins with ducky a few months back) and seems to prevent those who know Japanese from posting. I apologize.

lupin23rd

Wow, so the Guilty Gear rumor was true after all (assuming Souta is true).

It's all about Bartender DS. If that's what I think it is, I might have to pick up a DS.

:lol

m

Testicular Sound Express said:
his project is treasure island z

That's apparently not the case... Last week, Jonnyram posted :

Inafune is reportedly also working on a third title (besides RE5 and DMC4), that will be revealed shortly.

Treasure Island Z has already been revealed, so this source is obviously mentioning another project. And Inafune already stated that he worked on a Wii project, so it's not hard to make the correlation.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
This week's new DS non-games:

Abacus DS

Detective Saburo Jinguji DS (admittedly a real game and I'm glad to see a new Saburo Jinguji after all this time [if it isn't a port or remake])

Start Today DS Calorie Navigator

Sommelier DS

Bartender DS

Sake Master DS

100 Selected Works of Japanese Literature Everyone Should Read

Let's Read Books! THE Mystery Novels

Let's Read Books! THE World Masterpieces

I Love Dolphins

Taiko no Tatsujin DS (real game)

cvxfreak

Announced for DS; just translating or Romanizing what I can't figure out. If anyone knows the real meanings, please tell them.

Soroban DS
Tantei Jinguuji Saburou DS
Inshoku (Food and Drink)
Suji Trainer Navi (Muscle/Calorie? Trainer Navi)
Somurie DS
Nihon Moji 100 Selection (Japanese Literature 100 Selection)
Suiri Shosetsu (Mystery Novel)
Sekai Meisaku (World Masterpiece)
Island Rufin
Onsei Kanjou Souteiki
Itsuwari no Rinpukyoku
Ishoku Sakka (Unique Author)
Chomeijin (Celebrity)
Touch Bomberman Land
Taiko no Tatsujin
Yugioh Card Almanac
Sake Takumi (Sake Workman?)
Bartender DS