• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

There's actually more in the files, but Capcom isn't using them for some reason. There's also the dreaded "Complete Extreme Survival" Mission waiting to be used.

Sigh, I gotta do that one eventually. That (and watching 50 replays) is the only thing preventing me from my platinum.

Also, why is the Million FM trophy only a bronze?

myco666

When Kolin is out I'll play you a few sets from the UK. Let's hope the connection to Pakistan (who are we kidding) is solid enough.

Connection to lucebuce12 was 'solid enough' from Finland. Or atleast we played bunch of games that one day lol.

Sigh, I gotta do that one eventually. That (and watching 50 replays) is the only thing preventing me from my platinum.

Also, why is the Million FM trophy only a bronze?

Because it is EZ. It really doesn't require any skill to get so might as well be bronze. Time investment is crazy high though.

myco666

I still only need the extreme survival one. I'm surprised how many appear to have it in here.

Season 1 was great. It made it rather manageable with invincible SRK mixed with constant crossups to knockdowns. Season 2 is the hard mode.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I actually started doing that dumb SRK shit, but man was it stupid. I died like 40 levels in and never wanted to start again.

MCD250

I could never do Survival on almost any difficulty. Just thinking about it feels like a giant waste of time. Plus I'm sort of wary of spending that much time fighting the CPU.

Actually, scratch that. I did do Normal Survival with Cammy in order to unlock color 4 of her story costume since I think it looks dope. But honestly, if the color pack had been available for purchase at the time I would've just bought it instead.

myco666

I actually started doing that dumb SRK shit, but man was it stupid. I died like 40 levels in and never wanted to start again.

To save my sanity I just did the crossup thing up until 70 or 80 and mixed the combo a bit everytime. Shit was still too long.

I'm missing 100 ranked wins, 300 overall wins, and Gold Rank awards. Dunno if I can get them, lol. I'm trash.

Those win cheevos should just come if you keep playing. Getting to gold is rough though but if you just put the time in you can do it. Even I could do it and I started from bottom. Couldn't do a single combo in any FG when I started SFV lol.

Naarmight

I could never do Survival on almost any difficulty. Just thinking about it feels like a giant waste of time. Plus I'm sort of wary of spending that much time fighting the CPU.

Actually, scratch that. I did do Normal Survival with Cammy in order to unlock color 4 of her story costume since I think it looks dope. But honestly, if the color pack had been available for purchase at the time I would've just bought it instead.

I actually think they made normal easier, recently I have completed normal a few times, and it feels pretty easy now. Before the last couple of fights could trip you up, now I have breezed through them(I am also trash) plus this is with my least used characters. Though running through it with Rashid was a ton of fun, so now I want to spend a bit more time with him

Street Fighter V is the only game that allows people to farm and ruin everybody else day. Capcom is focus on making it hard to earn fight money that they overlook of simply using Turbo on St.LK and let matchmaking do it's thing.

I wonder how this game will be after SFVI comes out. Will they shutdown the server and the game becomes impossible to play with DLC characters inaccessible? Or is it going to be just as bad as it is right now with the server errors?

BlitzKeeg

This wetsuit outfit is pretty good. Might be even better with some higher contrast colors. I am now looking forward to this character.

Q_3iZA62_R88dQDi9-Bx-a1ZSHzlcTO166wddE75i7CFx9Cnu6NeOd9NQR677Qfcr9_0Vk2xWFncub5it8omeyA50SFn7O5dayjfoRUXCap9Zr3Hz4g8Xpxvogpm0a1w7UcaRkRnrYlSILQMaBRwqnKnDHolSKW6Dt-0HjzitZ9eoY6YdNWj8nmV3vQX0D_199nCjHZjFxVd9Mu7PgO3K2BUkB3KkbOQZ1uwkzdzjJ0qtM9vJwc19ap4VIolkCZP0ccGTo131QnZbMjfo2Mx82-MHcmK2og0skTyA_11BHbAy4TOMheUWmQlLi-rYDk5psMn2G2IFC2zHWzwlyQ2_mQpBELfyCHUdngkkyWCP79pIueuL1aRZk_YZaAnFzyFtAYYWfv87ndeoEOfoy9gwiCXgKznfuNgzSsRemoq4O2RBwsFbz2mmX-fbButtQBM2cnxtIASify2XPyaGpxNaOdlGp87TaJFkB9MkqjACy1E4OB5uR5fbz9EQakA6CXLXCzIFMCDbYlk4gZ9sW5t_YZFEg2Punp17lz9FKQuixjjHI1nPrw0wa-jjRxHofZzYnkBO_M9UtMExIc6ZFWAJ8zPQsp5l19bXJzxu9_bKgA4Bk7GCRA75aKrUhq8bED8cdsKQrvEm5eEPI7W_TtG_CIK1R87dhxBfDkEURfOXQ=w634-h346-no

Not sure if its worth buying the season pass for though. Im glad Akuma is in the game, but Im not into Shotos and the remaining characters might all be uninteresting to me.

image.php

lol

I'm not into the female characters having costumes that are just missing a bottom half so they can show tons of ass.
If we're going that route then where's my undies Urien alt for all the dudes?

Banana hammock Birdie coming through :D

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

MrCarter

I wonder how this game will be after SFVI comes out. Will they shutdown the server and the game becomes impossible to play with DLC characters inaccessible? Or is it going to be just as bad as it is right now with the server errors?

They will ask for a monthly fee of $30 to keep the servers running.

/s

That character intro video might be from a newer built than the Lupe thing. Her Hol Horse ice balls didn't combo all the hits when you connected with the first hand swipe. In the video the hand swipe launches them into the ice ball and you get another two hits. It didn't work like that at the event.

The vskill is this forward slash move which nullifies single hit normals and maybe even projectiles.

It definitely doesn't go through projectiles.

MCD250

Every Balrog comeback is cMK > cMK.

Every Laura comeback is sMK > V-Trigger.

Every Urien comeback is cMK > V-Trigger. Sometimes it's just wakeup V-Trigger.

I'm so frustrated by Urien. How normals feel so suffocating sometimes.
Here's a match I had last night in ranked against a Uren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfKLWCW3Nw
There were a couple points in the set when I would have won the match if I had cancelled into Super but I choked. Does anyone have any advice for me? Am I doing too many hooligans? Is there a good button I'm not utilizing enough? I feel like I'm plateauing.

FluxWaveZ

I'm so frustrated by Urien. How normals feel so suffocating sometimes.
Here's a match I had last night in ranked against a Uren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfKLWCW3Nw
There were a couple points in the set when I would have won the match if I had cancelled into Super but I choked. Does anyone have any advice for me? Am I doing too many hooligans? Is there a good button I'm not utilizing enough? I feel like I'm plateauing.

Heh, now that's a familiar Urien player.

Can't feel too bad about losing to him at this point, he's pretty good. From watching a couple of minutes, I think you need to sharpen your pressure significantly, since you play Cammy. Frame traps and block strings are very important for her, and combining that with a deceptive throw game and shimmies. What you seem to be doing instead is pressing a few plus on block buttons, and then backing up for some reason. You shouldn't be giving anyone that space, especially not Urien. It's about being relentless: Cammy's the one who can be suffocating when she gets in that range.

Learn her frame data if you haven't. st.MP is +3. cr.MP is 5f startup and is +1.

Also, yes, you're doing her EX spinning air thing which goes into that +2 sweep thing too much. You're spending too much time in the air at close ranges, in general.

Edit: Like, you'll often do a st.MP/cr.MP frame trap ending with st.HP, which actually connects, and then you immediately cancel that into Hooligan for some reason. That's not good at all. You need to practice confirms in Training mode into Spiral Arrow, or just not canceling into anything since it's better for it to hit and you staying grounded instead of doing that same predictable pattern which isn't actually that tricky and is unsafe.

See, like at 6:30, you activate V-Trigger, land a cr.MK and then... you Hooligan, letting him escape and abandoning your entire pressure. That could have instead lead to a large amount of damage. It's a really bad habit you've got there.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
One thing that's not really being mentioned about Urien a lot if how crazy good his dash is. Without it, a character like your Cammy would have a much better time in the neutral. Look at home many times he dashes forward and presses a relatively slow button. I guess you could anticipate it and do cr.mp outside of his footsie range.

Pachinko

Street Fighter V is the only game that allows people to farm and ruin everybody else day. Capcom is focus on making it hard to earn fight money that they overlook of simply using Turbo on St.LK and let matchmaking do it's thing.

Okay dude , just take a breath and step away for a second. Sf4's online is still turned on over a year after SFVs release so I can imagine near the end of SFV's life Capcom , at worst might patch in peer to peer only online and allow people to upgrade their game to a "final master" edition ... this won't happen for a good long while though. We have 3 seasons of SFV left and probably 2-3 years after that before online interactions might become an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom