• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rose McGowan: Ben Affleck is Lying, he knew about Weinstein raping me and other women

So it seems Rose McGowan told Ben Affleck Weinstein raped her and he said ”GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT".

I guess pretty much every did know. Seems like Damon probably did know as well.

http://uproxx.com/movies/rose-mcgowan-ben-affleck-lied-harvey-weinstein-behavior/

This includes McGowan's response to an official statement issued by Affleck's Facebook page, in which the Good Will Hunting actor said he was ”saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades." Calling the ”additional allegations" against Weinstein ”completely unacceptable," Affleck said we ”need to do better at protecting our sisters, friends, co-workers and daughters... support those who come forward, condemn this type of behavior when we see it and help ensure there are more women in positions of power."

As righteous as Affleck's comments appear, however, McGowan said he wasn't being entirely honest. According to her tweet, the actor allegedly exclaimed, ”GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT" when she told him what had happened at a press conference they both attended. ”[Y]ou said that to my face. The press conf I was made to go to after assault," she concluded. ”You lie."

Just to make it clear McGowan is indeed claiming this. It's pretty clear from all the tweets and comments, this is referring to Harvey Weinstein.

2FgC5Ww.jpg

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

Three women—among them Argento and a former aspiring actress named Lucia Evans—told me that Weinstein raped them, allegations that include Weinstein forcibly performing or receiving oral sex and forcing vaginal sex. Four women said that they experienced unwanted touching that could be classified as an assault. In an audio recording captured during a New York Police Department sting operation in 2015 and made public here for the first time, Weinstein admits to groping a Filipina-Italian model named Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, describing it as behavior he is ”used to." Four of the women I interviewed cited encounters in which Weinstein exposed himself or masturbated in front of them.

Edited to add in the latest allegations of rape against Weinstein. These are but probably a few. I shudder at all the poor women who can't afford to blow up their life with such an admission. I wonder how far this can of worms opened by Faraci will go.

Seesaw15

I don't keep up with Ben Affleck. Did he ever make a public statement about Casey Affleck sexually harassing those women?

Not really surprising. Weinstein’s behavior has pretty much been a known thing for some time.

So I’m sure plenty of high profile actors knew about it and were probably told about it directly.

This could be a career killer.

It casts a suspicion on all who are super close to him.

I hope Tarantino was clueless in all of this.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't think Ben's statement said he didn't know? Not that it matters, that's just a technicality.

“GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT” does sound like something he would say...

I don't keep up with Ben Affleck. Did he ever make a public statement about Casey Affleck sexually harassing those women?

Why would he? There are no women currently making any accusations against Casey.

Seesaw15

I don't think Ben's statement said he didn't know? Not that it matters, that's just a technicality.

“GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT” does sound like something he would say...

Why would he? There are no women currently making any accusations against Casey.

I meant during the period when the accusations first came to light.

I forget from who I read it on twitter, but someone made the comment that this might be the beginning of Hollywood's version of the Catholic Church scandal. Wide and all encompassing.

Blader

American society is falling down.

Exposing sexual assault and abuse by men of power is not the downfall of American society, nor is Ben Affleck's apparently knowing complicity in said assault the downfall of American society.

In fact, I'm quite confident that America will live on without Harvey Weinstein freely destroying lives.

Not

Banned
I like Rose, but what did you expect him to do? Is Ben Affleck somehow in a position of power to do anything about it?

He could've spoken up about it.

Yeah, wow, it's hard. "What did you expect him to do?"

Maybe care about other human beings suffering more than his own career

Cray thought, huh

Exposing sexual assault and abuse by men of power is not the downfall of American society, nor is Ben Affleck's apparently knowing complicity in said assault the downfall of American society.

In fact, I'm quite confident that America will live on without Harvey Weinstein freely destroying lives.
Yes, because this is the only thing going on in America right now.

On the contrary, this is a golden opportunity to clean up the cancer that is Hollywood
If this is whats been holding it up I'm glad to see the beams split.
For sure.

I like Rose, but what did you expect him to do? Is Ben Affleck somehow in a position of power to do anything about it?

..... um. Yes.

He's Ben fucking Affleck.

And judging by his reaction, he did do something. It was most likely nothing more than an aside, but he did say something to Harvey about it. Denying it now, though, just makes him scum.

GreekWolf

Hw long has Weinstein been around?

I wonder if he's the serial rapist that Corey Feldman has been talking about all these years

Shauni

Depending on what point in his career, he possibly could have. He's gathered a lot of power as a star and producer over the last decade. He very possibly had the clout to at least get this stuff out in the public without risking a lot of career damage.

KahooTs

What is it a person who hears about this stuff from a victim who doesn't want it known supposed to do?
So more like sexual harassment? Still bad if it is.
She was paid $100,000 (assumedly hush money though the article skilfully leaves out what the money was for) after the episode in the hotel, so likely more than sexual harassment?

Cray thought, huh

I know what a difficult position she's in (as a woman who has recieved sexual harassment for someone in a position of power), but the only way to stop it is to come forward.

Blader

Hw long has Weinstein been around?

I wonder if he's the serial rapist that Corey Feldman has been talking about all these years

Since the early 90s.

Karsticles said:
Yes, because this is the only thing going on in America right now.

I'm not really sure what your point is now, I just thought "Ben Affleck is lying about Harvey Weinstein" triggering a "this is the end of American society" post was kind of a dumb connection.

This is all, frankly, a good thing. Horrible that these assaults happened at all, but better that they and Weinstein be exposed eventually than not.

Affleck has been in multiple positions of power throughout his career.

Anoxida

Cray thought, huh

This is such a knee jerk post. It's not Ben affleck's place to out shit like this. If he knew about it he's a holier than thou asshole nothing more.

Top Bottom