• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ user+passwords hacked and downloaded

brau

Greetings,

A security incident occurred on forums.dayzgame.com recently. According to our investigation all usernames, emails and passwords from forums.dayzgame.com were accessed and downloaded by hackers.

While the passwords were not stored in plain text, but in a more secure form, it is highly recommended that if you have used the same password elsewhere you change it immediately on all applicable websites and services.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused, and share with you one of the major changes planned in order to mitigate similar risks in the future. We will be replacing the IPBoards login system with Bohemia Account within the next two weeks. As Bohemia Account is a separate custom-built service currently used by Bohemia Interactive Forums and Store, it offers much better security and its use should prevent similar incidents going forward.

We ask for your patience over the next few days and weeks as we implement this and other security overhauls, as there are likely to be service interruptions and forum unavailability from time to time. In particular, the forums will be down until migration to the Bohemia Account is complete. We will keep you up to date on vital info and scheduled down-time on the site itself and via our Twitter.

Yours sincerely,
Bohemia Interactive

Just got this on email.

Searched the first three pages and didn't see a post on this.

Lock me with a zombie if old.

EDIT: just went to check the forum but its under maintenance. so tough luck trying to change your pass.

hlMTvg9.png

Just got the email. Good thing I used a spam email and my junk password.

I can't even laugh at the first response. DayZ is still an open wound for... ok it was hilarious.

Hesh

Game whose developers have tremendous trouble combating in-game hackers have database hacked.

Can't say that I'm surprised in the least.

imBask

Banned
Game whose developers have tremendous trouble combating in-game hackers have database hacked.

Can't say that I'm surprised in the least.

Game whose developers don't care/ran away with the money*

I blame Dean, eventhough he had nothing to do with this

brau

Wait is this just for forum users or for actual players. I don't think I ever made a forum account.

Forums. At least that is what the information on the email points to. I never made a forum account, but i can't access them to make sure.

oti

Banned
EDIT: just went to check the forum but its under maintenance. so tough luck trying to change your pass.

hlMTvg9.png

So the passwords are...
*that cool CSI something something sun glasses move*
... undead

*HIYEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!*

Top Bottom