• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

HaloGAF Meetup at PAX:

When: Friday at 6:30pm
Where: Just inside the front door of the BCEC main entrance.
(We can decide where to go eat once we've met. Downtown, food court, Westin, etc.)

HaloGAF, when are you touching down in Boston? I'll be there from 2 p.m. Thursday.

I'll be in Boston around 9am Thursday.

I have a feeling it will only be single player news. :/

Which will still talk gameplay, weapons, etc which carry to MP. Also, that said, I can't wait to see the SP from the game, though I hope they keep it more secretive than Reach..way too much was shown of that game.

Anyways, Im not erecting too much, but I can't help but get excited..I guess thats the fun of it, haha

daedalius

Got called an ambition-less piece of shit by a coworker today more or less.

Tried to remind him that I stay awake all night working on art and learning 3d stuff; apparently having goals in the internet monkeying industry is more important than that.

After a bunch of personal attacks from him, I wonder how he has managed to remain employed with his temper leading to these tantrums.

Hopefully he won't distract me when the news hits tomorrow.

HaloGAF Meetup at PAX:

(We can decide where to go eat once we've met. Downtown, food court, Westin, etc.)

Ill go if Jqueezy goes.

No but really, sounds awesome, have fun guys, its a shame UK gaf sucks so much, I would get like -1000 cool points if I ever met some of them

Tried to remind him that I stay awake all night working on art and learning 3d stuff; apparently having goals in the internet monkeying industry is more important than that.

After a bunch of personal attacks from him, I wonder how he has managed to remain employed with his temper leading to these tantrums.

Some people are idiots. If he has any semblance of knowledge its worth hearing him out, but if you know your goals and know he is chatting crap, cut him off.

Seriously, I have known people who get over inflated ego's and a over inflated sense of self worth just because theyre job involves wearing a suit. Many people make it quite high up the career ladder without being too smart, luck is a huge factor. Not always worth taking everything said at face value just because the guy seems to have that job.

Which will still talk gameplay, weapons, etc which carry to MP. Also, that said, I can't wait to see the SP from the game, though I hope they keep it more secretive than Reach..way too much was shown of that game.

Anyways, Im not erecting too much, but I can't help but get excited..I guess thats the fun of it, haha

Sorry what?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

What a dick. Sorry to hear that.

Also in other news, Halo something something.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Another thing I'm interested in reading about (and hopefully hearing) is the audio. The incredibly brief bit we've already heard sounded quite nice. I'm hoping for Battlefield quality audio, although that may be asking a bit much.

HaloGAF Meetup at PAX:

PAX Prime Comeback Meetup around 9.30pm-10pm at the Westin(Thursday). WOOT!

GhaleonEB

As long as they keep it out of matchmaking. Firefight Arcade is so terrible and has pretty much killed classic Firefight. Just a bunch of bad kids boosting their commendations with jetpacks and unlimited FRGs. Ugh,

Firefight should concentrate on being a kick-ass survival mode (with an emphasis on survival) and a new netcode. That means not spawning with a 3x scope death machine and unlimited ammo caches and no goofy input lag.

Arcade is basically Living Dead for Firefight: the masses love it because it's easy and things go boom.

Totally agree about survival modes; both Reach's AI and the matchmaking implementation were huge letdowns. Doubles is where it's currently at, though. Give me a sniper rifle and a DMR and set me to work for 20 minutes and I have a good time with regularity.

Ill go if Jqueezy goes.

Seriously, I have known people who get over inflated ego's and a over inflated sense of self worth just because theyre job involves wearing a suit. Many people make it quite high up the career ladder without being too smart, luck is a huge factor.

You're talking about me right? :p

You're talking about me right? :p

Unfortunately no.

You know what Elzar, some people I know make you seem intelligent. Its pretty shocking. :p

(I have been confined to a suit for the last few months, cant wait to shed that thing. Its funny how much Computer People seem to think they are traders or businessmen simply because they wear a suit, the premium quality garbage I have heard recently is amazing.)

daedalius

Some people are idiots. If he has any semblance of knowledge its worth hearing him out, but if you know your goals and know he is chatting crap, cut him off.

Seriously, I have known people who get over inflated ego's and a over inflated sense of self worth just because theyre job involves wearing a suit. Many people make it quite high up the career ladder without being too smart, luck is a huge factor. Not always worth taking everything said at face value just because the guy seems to have that job.

He doesn't even/ever wear a suit :p

Other coworkers of mine and I have discussed his overinflated sense of self-worth quite a bit; he also tends to like to say stupid shit to the wrong people as well, his mouth has landed him in trouble a few times in the past couple of weeks.

I've worked with him for like a year, hasn't ever been like this; very strange. I've also told him plenty of times I don't have too much ambition in the internet monkeying field, its just a job till I get a portfolio good enough to get me hired by Fronkles.

... both Reach's AI ... were huge letdowns.
Funny you should say this as I've actually grown a newfound respect for the AI in Reach by playing that custom Firefight mode I mentioned.

The basic idea behind the mode is sniper training, but with a twist - you've got permanent "Good Camo", slow charging shields that require melee to regen (or executions), unlimited sniper ammo and a shotgun secondary with no weapon pickups. Then I populate each wave with tons of targets with associated command elements. Your goal: to eliminate hostiles by executing stragglers and/or taking out command elements to toss the rest of the forces into disarray.

Since you've got perma-camo you spend a lot of time moving within and between the enemies, stealthily moving from position to position, watching the AI at work, looking for the best opportunities to strike (or stragglers perfect for a camo execution + shield regen) without getting spotted and jumped by the rest. It lets you appreciate how the various squads work together and respond to threats. Its slow paced but I always like trying to craft modes that give firefight a very different rhythm and feel.

One of my favorite bits was on Unearthed. I took out an elite from within the main base only to get pounced on by another pack of elites coming up the stairs. I stopped and sat in a corner of the room and let the camo go to 100%, and watched. Three elites entered frantically looking for me, but not knowing where I was they stood at the back of the room, surrounding me but staying in a triangular formation around my current position. They were waiting. A few moments later a pack of grunts shuffled their way inside the base and started to poke and prod ever closer to my location until one let out a little screech by walking right into me - cue a few defiant sniper kills before the remaining elites ate my lunch. Good times :)

vhfive

HaloGAF Meetup at PAX:

looking forward to seeing you all. I will be the 6' cute blonde wearing a HaloGAF shirt.

Also there is a chance that I will go to the Pre-PAX Gaming Night on Thursday (depending on when I arrive and what my brothers are up for).

You're own damned fault for paying for a Michael Bay movie
Your criticism is fair. I do mostly blame myself.

You guys just reminded me, got to order The Island blu ray on Amazon.
Am I being trolled? Am I the new Tashi? If Letters comes back and starts dropping theisland.gif on me then I'm out.

Warthog of the Sky, they said.
If you go over a bump while being shot by a DMR Reach's warthog becomes the warthog of the sky so you still have a legitimate airborne flag carrier option.

My number one wish for Halo 4 is for the warthog to be fun for me again. Reach's version never felt right to me.

Edit: drunk, naked and fucking awesome.

Played one game of MLG earlier. Got matched against a team of four, inheritors, pro's and the fabled Kampy on their friends list. Went -7.

The settings felt pretty good, but if ever a playlist needed party restrictions, it's that one. Couldn't move without being eviscerated by three DMR's at once.

kylej

Banned
Played one game of MLG earlier. Got matched against a team of four, inheritors, pro's and the fabled Kampy on their friends list. Went -7.

The settings felt pretty good, but if ever a playlist needed party restrictions, it's that one. Couldn't move without being eviscerated by three DMR's at once.

Kampy should have won.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm declaring my xbox officially dead. I need to figure out what to do.
Record yourself trouncing it.

It was just Trueskill getting a sample of your ability against players far more experienced in the playlist.

Top Bottom