• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

Meh, that's not really something I'd nitpick about. I actually found the smaller holes looked better. The larger holes looked off to me:
tobi1a.jpg

What the hell is this? I hope they fix this soon.

LordAlu

Has that Ostrich been in Shippuden before? Ive skipped around a bit, and at least in the first 103 episodes, and Pain arc, I dont ever remember seeing it come up.
He's from a filler arc in Shippuden where it was going through random missions they did pre-time skip. The episode was around 175-185?? I guess they put it in there just to make the episode a bit longer?

That animal shit has to be filler. It didn't even seem like the same type of material that is used for legit comic relief in Naruto. The rest was indeed good though.

Dram

The filler was the animals fighting over the girl. I don't think the hippo, penguin and kola were in the manga.

Majine

Banned

I wouldn't call it filler, it's just not very interesting (in the start). I don't give a flying fuck about
Kankurou

But if only Tenten got her fair share of the spotlight. I mean, so far she has picked up a fan and passed out from it. Fucking spectacular.

Combine

Banned
Looks like we are back to filler in April:
April 5: 257. Four Week Long Special Project For the Broadcast's Tenth Anniversary: "Meeting"

April 12: 258. Four Week Long Special Project For the Broadcast's Tenth Anniversary: "Rivals"

April 19: 259. Four Week Long Special Project For the Broadcast's Tenth Anniversary: "Cracks"

April 26: 260. Four Week Long Special Project For the Broadcast's Tenth Anniversary: "Schism"
A 10th anniversary special. From what has been rumored, probably a re-telling/re-drawn take on Naruto and Sasuke's friendship from Part 1.

Fine by me though, since the movie production will start soon and they'll probably take a lot of resources since it's a special movie being written by Kishi himself for the 10th.

Combine

Banned
I was re-reading the beginning of the next arc, and it reminded me how dull it was. I suppose the anime could make it more exciting, but I'd rather they waited for the second half of it before committing the best animators to it.

The fillers arent that bad, though in comparison to the other anime, they just arent memorable, no Naruto filler compares with Bleachs Materialized Zanpaktou, I like getting development on the ninja world as well as more time with Naruto.

Cant think of what else theyd do for the anniversary or so though, unless they will be lazy and make them all clip shows !!!

Maffis

bleach's fillers have pretty bad stories to them, but at least come with awesome fight scenes.

naruto fillers are just bad on both fronts. i seriously hope they do a naruto kai version when the manga is done.

bleach's fillers have pretty bad stories to them, but at least come with awesome fight scenes.

naruto fillers are just bad on both fronts. i seriously hope they do a naruto kai version when the manga is done.

The was I've been watching Naruto it's always been Kai. The cool thing about most of Naruto is that at least fillers are episodes, instead of 5-ep cannon fights.

The re-cap should be re-drawn...even if the storyboard is the same. Naruto Kai: sample edition...

Did I just jinx it?

Last episode was pretty good. Wish they would have let naruto out so that we could see his new moves and shit.
He must have caught that Shounen protagonist disease* from somewhere (or maybe it happens once their battle power exceeds a certain figure)...that is give the character a buff then get them out of the picture so they can't save the day meaning other characters get screentime.

At least; I'm doing an important mission is better than "my foot is stuck".

*-Otherwise known as sloppy writing or lack of planning (which can be hard to do when you're in the moment or you have editors barking suggestions at you). When you see characters do stupid things (sometimes out of character) to advance the plot for the sake of it such as most things Vegeta ever did or "lets open the scroll" (even the intel guys recommend doing that and they're the first people that should know better...there were more amusing way to handle it
given how Naruto and Killer Bee are not the sharpest tools maybe something involving them opening it by accident
)

Echoplx

Quick question for the manga readers out there, do you think it dampens your enjoyment of the anime by reading the manga? I'm really tempted to start reading it now but I'm not sure how I'll feel about it (I've never read a manga before and I think in general the anime medium adds a lot of value to help with setting/characters and I'm a big fan of the music and stuff like that)

Might do a little test, read the chapter that the anime is currently up to then watch the episode when it airs..

I don't mean to start a war here between the two :p

I like the anime better, well for most series. 20 pages always makes every event feel too fast, and well when an anime actually is covering all the canon material, I like to get the full experience, through the sound and drama and visuals. Most characters look better animated for Naruto character models and the attacks crisp clean and nice. Sure knowing the plot is nice, but I have better ability to retain the plot in the anime then the manga even though I already read these associated chapters a long time ago, details get forgotten.

_Isaac

I like the anime better, well for most series. 20 pages always makes every event feel too fast, and well when an anime actually is covering all the canon material, I like to get the full experience, through the sound and drama and visuals. Most characters look better animated for Naruto character models and the attacks crisp clean and nice. Sure knowing the plot is nice, but I have better ability to retain the plot in the anime then the manga even though I already read these associated chapters a long time ago, details get forgotten.

I agree with most of this. I read a bit of the manga some time ago, and it really did feel a bit too fast. That's funny too because I'm constantly annoyed by how slow the anime does things. The manga just made some things seem unimportant. Now I just stick to the anime. When I was a fifty episodes or so behind a year ago I would just skip some episodes and read the manga versions. I did this when Sasuke was recruiting his team members for example.

Quick question for the manga readers out there, do you think it dampens your enjoyment of the anime by reading the manga? I'm really tempted to start reading it now but I'm not sure how I'll feel about it (I've never read a manga before and I think in general the anime medium adds a lot of value to help with setting/characters and I'm a big fan of the music and stuff like that)

Might do a little test, read the chapter that the anime is currently up to then watch the episode when it airs..

I don't mean to start a war here between the two :p

Doing both is the way to go. Even if you've read the events ahead, looking at still images is no substitute for animated action. When a great battle goes down in manga, you think "man, I can't wait to see that in action and with color". As to why to read the manga, because anime has to resort to shitty filler all the time so it doesn't pass up the source material. I started reading the manga after Naruto 1 ended because the endless seasons of filler got ridiculous and I wanted to know what happened. Who wants to wait months and months to find out what is next? If you don't care enough about the series and can just tune out for a while then I guess it doesn't matter, but if you're even thinking about reading the manga, I say go for it.

Combine

Banned
Doing both is the way to go. Even if you've read the events ahead, looking at still images is no substitute for animated action.
Indeed. A recent example would be the whole Minato vs. Tobi event which in the manga didn't really grab me much, but in the anime it blew me away. Same with Konan's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom