• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

GnawtyDog

Banned
Heh. Batman avatar makes your post a little ironic, valid though the point may be.

Not really unless you think avatars mean that much. One only has to entertain the idea of sporting a different one....then the question is something else entirely. But that is definitely besides the point.

Dryk

Keen
tumblr_m3zn6kdmip1qi9wzy.gif

i thought it was more

creates human augmentation....finds out he is incompatible...doesn't want anyone to use his creation since he can't..
Your life's work is dedicated to finding a way to fix your mangy leg. One day you finally figure it out and realise that your solution will kill you if you use it on yourself. Then you have to watch as the world takes your invention and leaves you behind. You'd be pretty bitter about that too.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
No Malik makes me sad, but I'm strangely glad they didn't try to shoehorn things in after Human Revolution's various endings.

Hopefully they improve the battery system, tho, or at least make some of the upgrades restore more of the charges, so you can choose to get them if you want

Grisby

I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR THIS.

TX4Cq.gif

Kind of wanted a female protag for shits and giggles but hey, Jensen was a cool ass cat. Hope Malik returns.

Are you familiar with the series? There is guns and shooting but they're not really shooters.
Lol yes they are, every single one of them. Straight up shooters with dialogue trees and multipath level design. I mean, the series is much more than just a shooter but fundementally the framework is just a first person shooter.

charsace

Day one. One of the best games of the generation. Played the shit out of the leak and then the 360 version. Too bad not many games took inspiration from it.

More Deus Ex is never a bad thing. If they keep it at least at the level of the previous game, I'll be content. Everything else is just bonus.

Ganondorfo

Awesome news. I never got around to actually finishing HR, but I still listen to the soundtrack to this day. I hope MD has a soundtrack that can live up to it.

Sorry it was speculation, not news, I think we are going to hear a new cool cyberpunk main theme.

What's got me excited is the thought that this team, which already did great work with HR, learned from their mistakes. Bigger hubs, more choice, intricate scenarios/bosses. Very, very exciting.

Awesome. I only got around to playing Human Revolution last summer and I loved it. Finished the game in full stealth mode killing no one and setting off no alarms. Can't wait to do the same in this one (hope I can at least, would be disappointed if I can't). Screens look a bit busy but I'll wait for footage.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Heard nothing but positive things about this one for single player / Human Revolution fans. As a massive fan myself I couldn't be more excited. Might do another HR DC playthrough to celebrate.

CHC

So happy it's the same team, so happy they'll be improving on the last game's flaws / limitations, so happy it won't be marred by 360 and PS3.

I just hope that shitty engine they used will be gone in favor or something more common for FPS games like CryEngine, Unreal, or whatever. The game had a lot of janky stuff like a weird feeling mouse and late sound effects.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just hope that shitty engine they used will be gone in favor or something more common for FPS games like CryEngine, Unreal, or whatever. The game had a lot of janky stuff like a weird feeling mouse and late sound effects.

It's running on Dawn Engine, which is an evolution of the Glacier 2 engine used in Hitman: Absolution.

Yep, the only people who got aug'd were spec ops, normal people thought it was weird, but it wasn't some existential crisis like it is in these games. How are they gonna reconcile their crap with the original?
That was just nano-augs - plenty had mech augs, like Shea the bartender.

Top Bottom