• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation "CHINA HERO PROJECT", Lost Soul Aside and more

Very cool. Really looking forward to some awesome games from China. LSA looks cool and Project X looks like it has promise, just need to give the strikes more impact and make the movement a bit tighter.

What the heck was that visual novel looking game all about? I'm very interested in most of these games. Good on Sony for diversifying their portfolio and supporting these studios.

Yeah..If Capcom don't wanna do a DMC for PS4, let this guy do it then.

You guys are pushing this too far, you don't really know how this really plays or feels. Might want to wait and see before thinking it's the best thing yet. It may be good, but still need to play it..

I would be skeptical on a few of these games til we see what they turn into but maybe something will stand out and be worth while

ViciousDS

Banned
Amen to that

Lost-Souls-Aside-gif.gif

Oh shit

I remember these, the game looks amazing

Dio

Banned
I've already seen Lost Soul Aside, but Project X looks fucking amazing for one reason -

I was just going to make a thread about how I've been reading a lot of wuxia and xianxia Chinese web novels and I'd love to play a game set in one of those universes.

Seeing that game makes me really happy because I was actually wondering if I'd ever play something like that.

JP

I do hope these make it out of Asia also.

I'd have no issues downloading versions which haven't been localised but most of these really look like the sort of games I like playing with subtitles.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I've already seen Lost Soul Aside, but Project X looks fucking amazing for one reason -

I was just going to make a thread about how I've been reading a lot of wuxia and xianxia Chinese web novels and I'd love to play a game set in one of those universes.

Seeing that game makes me really happy because I was actually wondering if I'd ever play something like that.
Nice. Seeing it in action put a smile on my face and took me back to my childhood of growing up with these types of movies. Especially when the dude took off gliding in the air like some Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon type ish. Hell yes, bring it to me.

Edit:
Yooo that looks awesome

DMC/God of War/Nier vibes
Make sure you guys check out the trailer he put out last year: Youtube Link
Badassery all around.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Every time that trailer is posted I have to watch it. Sends chills down my spine.
Haha same. Even when I link it I end up watching it too cuz damn. Just incredible what one guy has been able to accomplish so far with this project. I think come PS5 launch, China is gonna turn some major heads in the video games industry.

Usobuko

Banned
China and Korea lean more closer to Japanese preferences so I like this direction or at least initiative PlayStation is heading.

Most of the games on video also have pretty decent graphics. Especially considering how these must be pretty low budget productions. Better than your average Japanese AA game.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should do this in more parts of the world. Love to see games from India for example or countries in and around the Middle East, Africa as well and so on. Shit gimme a game from Antarctica!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Most of the games on video also have pretty decent graphics. Especially considering how these must be pretty low budget productions. Better than your average Japanese AA game.
A lot of Chinese game development artists and engineers got started doing outsourcing work for major AAA Western games, and tended to use engines like Unreal and CryEngine for higher end local market PC titles, so they actually have a really deep bench of experience with modern graphics and tech.

Even a game like Uncharted 4 has a lot of art content from China or Pacific nations like Malaysia.

The Chinese and Koreans have similiar aesthetic (and mechanic?) preferences as the Japanese gamers/developers.

To me this means if we can get console development industries up and running there it would interest the pool of games that I would want.

FelipeMGM

A lot of Chinese game development artists and engineers got started doing outsourcing work for major AAA Western games, and tended to use engines like Unreal and CryEngine for higher end local market PC titles, so they actually have a really deep bench of experience with modern graphics and tech.

Even a game like Uncharted 4 has a lot of art content from China or Pacific nations like Malaysia.

yeah, Virtous is the major example I believe. They are a big Chinese developer for 3D art outsourcing and they have multiple offices in China.

They have experience with the tech and a lot of the work but I worry a bit when they are given a game to try and do soley on their own from game play, production , story etc

Not that they will all be bad just like any other area but I can imagine a few issues coming along for those that work on a game without any help.

I do wonder what kind of help or systems are in place to bring these games to the west. I don't think they will have many issues going to Japan but what sort of companies are going to be doing English and such? Is all of this handled through Sony and if so what companies are doing some of this work?

For me, it seems really confusing right now and are all these games apparently planned for the west so far? Maybe not..

BADMAN

I wonder how it will affect the western industry once China has it's own group of large studios. Will talent for outsourcing ever become limited?

Wow these games look amazing. China entering the console market with games like these would change the playing field entirely. I'm ready.

I wonder how it will affect the western industry once China has it's own group of large studios. Will talent for outsourcing ever become limited?

Doubt it. Once China becomes more expensive/experienced, outsourcing will probably move to a new developing country and the cycle will continue.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Hey just found out about this. Very very cool Sony is trying to tap into the resources of China. They seem like they are developing more video game fandom, and it would be awesome to get some good developers out of somewhere with tons of man power. The games they selected seem quality. Not the 'China don't care' jank I have come to expect across art forms. The wuxia game looks so rad.

I really hope some of these games get localized.

Hey just found out about this. Very very cool Sony is trying to tap into the resources of China. They seem like they are developing more video game fandom, and it would be awesome to get some good developers out of somewhere with tons of man power. The games they selected seem quality. Not the 'China don't care' jank I have come to expect across art forms. The wuxia game looks so rad.

I really hope some of these games get localized.
I believe they all will that's the entire point of the project help these guys reach a worldwide audience

Luminaire

Bing Yang is one of the most endearing developers that I've seen. I'm excited for LSA, but it's great to see more Chinese game developers. A lot of these games seem intriguing and I'd like to see more.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Bing Yang is one of the most endearing developers that I've seen. I'm excited for LSA, but it's great to see more Chinese game developers. A lot of these games seem intriguing and I'd like to see more.

I'm really impressed by that zero gravity in-space shooter. The zero gravity sequence of Killzone 3 was one of the better parts of the game. LSA looks awesome, I hope it delivers and that we can get a stream of dope action games outside of Platinum games.

I'm really impressed by that zero gravity in-space shooter. The zero gravity sequence of Killzone 3 was one of the better parts of the game. LSA looks awesome, I hope it delivers and that we can get a stream of dope action games outside of Platinum games.
I hope that one can add vr to it would be amazing

Top Bottom